3 Halo guns in two weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactonyx

Hey guys, Im Tactonyx and I'm new around here. I have four projects that I'm doing at the same time; the M392 DMR, M6A-M pistol (I'll explain later) the M7 smg and maybe the classic MA5B ICWS rifle (made modular!)
My goal is to get these four completed in two weeks (on Labor day weekend.) so I have time to mold them and be ready for the releae of Reach. My other goal is to start my own arsenal of sci-fi weaponry and gear, just for the cool factor. The materials I'm using ranges from paper to plastic sheets (Most of the model will be done in plastic)
These are being built in such a way that I can mold them in several peices for incredible detail. (And in the case of the M6 Series, make multiple molds of the gun and transform them into several iterations [I really want to make the J varient:)])

I've seen that someone has already completed a DMR, but I already started on mine, so I guess I'll go all the way.

So here are the pics. First up is the DMR schematic, hand drawn, in all of it's glory.

Guns+001.JPG

Followed by a nearly completed scope and schematic, assembled and exploded.
Guns+002.JPG
Guns+003.JPG

The reflex sight from the SMG.
Guns+004.JPG
Guns+005.JPG

And both scopes together
Guns+006.JPG
Guns+007.JPG

Comments and critiques are welcomed

Believe you double posted- careful with that; as for the pics, if you host them on Photobucket, make sure you paste in the IMG code where you want the picture, and in order to edit your post (Because the normal edit is broken) click on edit post, Advanced Edit, then make the necessary changes and click post, or save or whatev it says haha. Other than that sounds cool can't wait to see your progress! And good luck :D

Sorry about the double post, my computer was having a crisis when I started this thread. How do I kill the other one, or does a admin have to do it?

thats amazing work right there man. great job. Do you think that the paper and plastic sheets will be solid enough to stand up to molding?

@LandonFoster1
Thanks. It's a matter of assembling individual shapes. The DMR scope probably has over 100 peices

@Loves_hina
Thank you. As for the mold, if it can survive my 5 year old, I think it can handle the mold.:)

@Pipinacan
Thanks, if you think it looks awesome now, I can't wait to finish it to see it's complete bodacity

That is some beautiful work! I believe the Moderators have to take the other one down. Can't wait to see more of this- keep it up!

@ Purrie
Thanks

Finally got the engraving done on all four guns, took me a good four hours pressing a small screwdriver into the plastic sheet. Now we can move on to building the recievers and so on. Will have pics tommorow.

Wow! Color me impressed (I think "impressed" is a shade of red?)! The modular design really intrigues me, too. Can't wait to see the finished products!

Yeah can't wait to see some more pictures, it would also be awesome to see or read a tutorial on how you made the many different piece because it looks like an amazing way to make weapons.

@balistek
Thanks. I do drawings over CAD because it helps me visualize of how it will come together and how it will work

@Smiggly
I think impressed makes you taller. you can get an idea of how the modular design is going to work by looking at the pic. Believe me, I cant't wait to see the finished products too.

@Joshua Morrison
The method that I use is longer and harder than doing everything by wood. The advantage is I can cram mechanical components inside the bodies. (Yes we are going to see the inner workings! Well, try to anyways.) The reason why I use this method is because I'm severly allergic to sawdust.

Anyways I got some more pictures, only three sadly, I couldn't get started on the pistol cause my basement flooded this morning, so I'll try to get it done tonight and post a pic of it before I turn in.
First we'll start with the DMR, the upper reciever is finished, I just have to get some epoxy putty in the grooves so it won't be so flimsy. (But I'm out of putty so I'll have to go to the store tommorow) The front peice will be permantly attached to the lower reciever, the upper reciever will slide into place on top of the lower reciever.
Guns+003.JPG

I know the triangles on the side of the reciever are hard too see, the flash from the camera and the angle make them nearly invisible.

MA5 reciever and shroud are seperate peices, and will be connected via the big hole on the reciever, above the trigger. You can't see the ejection port, but I dropped it lower than it's original spot so the bolt would have room to move.
Guns+001.JPG

The MA5 shroud is going to be cut in half, allowing molding to be easier. The seams will be covered by the picatinny rails on the top and bottom, oh and yes, this baby is going to have rails. The reciever is going to be cast the way you see it.

Their is a soft spot in my heart for the sub machine gun. In Halo 2 and 3 and ODST this was my weapon of choice, unless the sniper rifle or shotty were available but I love this weapon. I got the dust cover, side panels, and buttstock assembled, and yes the buttstock will extend and collapse by pressing the buttons on the back. (Oh Yeah!) I've seen a lot of attempts to accurately reproduce the M7, but if all goes well, this will be the most advanced and detailed one when it's complete. And yes I will have a picatinny rail mount that can mount the same way as the reflex sight. We're going to put a scope on this baby! (If you havn't figured out by now, I really like the SMG.
Guns+002.JPG

The lines on the model are very pronounced, but another advantage of using plastic is I can cut and sand the edges to the point where once it was painted, you would never be able to tell there was a seam. Thanks for your support, I'll try to get the pistol assembled tonight. Enjoy

Yeah, if you're selling these once you've finished you can bet I'll be lining up. Thanks for keeping us all apprised of the situation with the new pics!

I'm surprised. I show a few peices of this and that and everyone is already excited and wants a copy. If your blood is pumping now, Im worried I might give you guys an anyurism when they're done. :)
@Schoeber & Smiggly
I do commisions, made on demand, so on and so forth. I guess I could start up a list in the next few days (or few weeks [WHAT?!? :( ]) for those who would be insterested in purchasing some of my works.
If you want to see the quality of my work you can visit my blog. http://tactonyx.blogspot.com/ I just barely started it and I do need to clean up the site. The guns and another model are the only things shown, but my model should give you an idea on what to expect. The model is 80% paper.
Now onto the pistol.
I took the approach of a real handgun and skipped the synthetic grip, going with the skelatal approach. Several different grips will be made for the handle. I noticed that with most halo weapons, they all lack a mag release. The pistol will have a "accessable" release that won't ruin it's good looks.
Guns+002w.JPG

As you guys can see, the handle is seperated from the frame of the gun. It will pe permantly attached tommorow. For the slide, I will attempt to put in a firing pin and a extractor so when the slide is pulled back, it will feed the bullets and eject them. The middle peice of the slide will be removable, with the intent and purpose of making different "enhancements" such as select fire auto such as the M6H, or I, or whichever model number is full auto. It will also feature a decocker and anything else I can think of.
I made a cast of all the bullets. I used the brass from my .50 DEagle and shaved it down to 30mm, like on the halo ammo chart. I used a large pencil sharpener and cut the half inch dowl into a shape that would work. I made a resin cast and despite the mold being really crappy, the bullet looks really good. Heres the gun fitted together.
Guns+001w.JPG

Thanks for your comments and excitement! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back