Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper 466

BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Member DIN
S026
Hey all, I'm new....or newish to this forum. It's my first real post and I know I'm going against some rules. I wanna apologize for that first off. Secondly the reason that I'm making this thread is because it would seem some, or a lot of the links that I've tried are broken. Lastly, I was told you never get anywhere if you don't know whats happening unless you ask a question.

So here it goes i guess. I'm building an ODST suit (Halo 3 because it's default ODST) because I've always liked the way they look. I have little direction and have pepped a helmet and begun customizing one of my nerf guns into an assault rifle. I also have a fair amount of files for the suit but am missing some big ones. Namely the gauntlets and the chest piece. If someone could post a link to them or point me in the right direction i would be greatly appreciative.

Many thanks for the swift reply. I'll post some pics of my stuff as soon as I get my helmet resined and my rifle a little more up to my standards... ^-^''

I aint dead yet....

So it's a been a while.....okay a long while. College sort of has a habit of eating up about 80% of my time. But i chipped away at the edges and built some more stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well what you could see from your video it is looking really good. do you have paint colors picked out for it yet? keep up the good work and look forward to see this in the final stages.

I haven't put all that much thought to the final color scheme but i was thinking something along the lines of the mcfarlane figures. I hit a bit of a speed bump though, seems my thigh is indeed too large! so I'm rooting through forums now attempting to discover my grail of scaling advice for the hd odst thigh plate by Nightshade and Harding. If anyone has any advice i would greatly appreciate it : D, If not then I shall continue my search!

TBH, just try a couple of times. You'll get it right eventually. Just try and thing how off it was, and how much smaller it should be and try to calculate it. The pep work looks amazing.

Many thanks. I think trial and error is gonna be my best friend....or is that my arch nemesis? Regardless I hope to end up with some thigh plates really soon o_o. And thanks for the encouragement all ^-^

I seem to have brick walled o_o the thigh piece I'm trying to build can't be up scaled any further. If anyone has some assistance they can offer, any solution at all I would really appreciate it. Also though taking up jogging is the right thing to do, I already lost 30 pounds through diet and exercise to wear this thing sooooo id rather not if I can avoid it : P

How tall are you? I'm not exactly a stick in the arm/leg area either.

If you are around 6' tall the default scale on my files may work for you.

Many Thanks : D but to ask a dumb question for the inner thigh pieces what kind of material do you recommend I use?

I'm using foam. For my odst thigh model the inner thighs are just strips that you can cut out and layer together. It looks better and is more comfortable. :)

SO! I shot these Saturday and forgot to upload them but here they are. Just a quick progress update. And as with all my updates, more annoying questions. Yup. : /
SUIT:
MA5:
I go a little more in depth, and I do sort of rant about the pieces I used then lose my train of thought. BUT what I was going to say is that it looks good. Or looks good to me : P
So as always comments are appreciated. Many thanks to all who have helped me out so far. I'm gonna bunker down this weekend and try to finish the upper body off.

PROGRESS! I've managed since my last small update way back in February to get some more work done. I've completed a few more pieces and I'll throw a quick vid up later today. The back for the torso I'm still debating on making just because I'd like to make the rookies pack, and with it obscuring most of my back it feels like it would be a bit of a lost cause. The pieces I've finished pep work on though are 2 shins, 2 knees, the butt pack, and the cod piece. so I'll toss that up once I get done my latest lab from college.

hey man if you do want to make the back listen up. MAKE SURE IT ABSOLUTLY TO SCALE! I wasted 8 hours of my life just to find out the back was too small. I sould suggest making the backback as its not as much of a hassle.

p.s. if you want to know anything about how things look when they are done or any ideas or problems I encountered while pepping my stuff just ask :)

First and foremost here's my latest little video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ysNMdGYjQg
Secondly I just realized that it slipped my mind I need to do the collar for the suit so I'm going to have to make the back, or at least part of it so Blue Fox I'm probably going to take you up on that offer once I get around to sorting some things out.

Hmmm, Lastly I'm going to retrieve my tub o stuff tonight so I'll show off my helmets that I have done. Hopefully they're still okay from the time they've spent in storage. If not then I still have some work ahead of me. Big thanks again to anyone who posted and as always, I'll keep plugging away until this sucker is done. : D

might want to fix the link XD anyway just P{M me on the stuff you want to know or want to see and I'll through it up on this topic for ya :)

use that

p.s. are You useing hugh Holder's files?

p.s.s. best part about armor is the conventions! PAX and PAXeast get some of the most recognition then the places that are popular for costumes like comicon and dragoncon. malls are also fun.

Yeah actually I am using Hugh's files. Also I keep forgetting I can just embed stuff. Sort of embarrassing for a guy who's taking courses on web design >_< Though, I'm not using the chest piece done by Hugh as I bought a modular vest for pretty cheap, about 30$ so I was just going to use a file I have with only the back plates on it. Specifically the ODST torso model by Nightshade from the halo costuming wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back