Kahnah's Reach Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahnah

Hey every one this is my first thread and ill try to keep it very picture heavy.
so let me start off with the progress i have so far.
405th%20reach%20build
[/URL][/IMG]
well i originally went with the pep model from sjsuspartan which i liked alot but i went with the new live action model from ruz.

Also working on the thighs and shins
405th%20reach%20build
[/URL][/IMG]
not much to say but i would like to fill in the front of the shin with bondo to get rid of the the rectangle sticking out.
405th%20reach%20build
[/URL][/IMG]
so far the thighs are just peped but if all goes well tomorrow they should be hardened and rondoed.

heres a helmet project i was working on last summer. sadly i dropped the project and never finnished it. so with reach coming out i felt i could start my build and include my helmet. but i think ill wait till the game comes out till i work on it again. i really want my helmet to be acurate.
405th%20reach%20build
[/URL][/IMG]
405th%20reach%20build
[/URL][/IMG]
405th%20reach%20build
[/URL][/IMG]
so thats the helmet and im going to shape it to the reach odst.

P.S letting everyone know im not aiming for launch day. I dont think ill make it in time. just planning on a good costume for holloween.

Alright i got a little more done today. ive been working hard on the thigh pecies of the suit.
sadly i didnt get both thighs rondoed like i had planed but i did get the right thigh done with little to no warpage.
reach004.jpg

reach003-1.jpg

i have already run into a bit of a snag.
two reasons...
1 ...because i rondoed the shins i cant seem to put my foot through, so im going to have to cut the shins into two peices.
2 ...one of my shins warped in the rondo process, so it may need to be re-pep.
reach007-1.jpg

reach006-1.jpg

S1l3nt V1p3r
congradulations you are the first contestant to post... you win a weeks trip to mexico!:D
jk i cant aford to send you, and im pretty sure you want to live.
but as far as the lines on the top of the helmet, those are not going to be the permanent markings. i just put them there because i was a little bored and drawing on the helmet killed some time.

last bit id like to add
im new to the whole posting pictures and comments so i hope i get everything right or at least just learn how to.

Alright today i tried to get some work done sadly i wasn't feeling to good.
but i did manage to get some work on the forearm done.
reach004-1.jpg

reach005-1.jpg

reach009.jpg

now im thinking to only create one forearm and make a mold of it. and in that case i would really like the forearm to be accurate, so with that being said id like to ask a favor.
does anyone happen to have a screen shot of a reach forearm or a picture from the legacy FX forearm? id really like a good reference.

Ok everyone its update time
so for the past two days my main focus has been to complete the forearm.
reach001-1.jpg

reach003-2.jpg

reach004-2.jpg

reach006-2.jpg

pretty much all ive been trying to do is detail the bottom of the forearm, so with what little references i have i think ive done really well.
I have also managed to touch up the top a bit.
looking at the rate im going i should have this part done maybe by Friday. Given that i dont get slammed with homework.

Well today i got some work done on the forearm.
I'm really eager to finish the piece, so i can move on to the next piece.
Hopefully i can finish tomorrow and have it painted.
Also I'm planning to mold the forearm so i get an exact copy for my other arm.
And here are the pictures:)

reach002-2.jpg

reach003-3.jpg

reach005-3.jpg

reach007-3.jpg

reach009-1.jpg

let me know what you think

wow that's one awesome forearm!
i would totally have done as much body filler work as yours on mine but i just don't have the time..
your build is going to look good!
and just a request.. could you show progress of how your going to do your mold? im looking into starting to mold after this suit and i'd love to see how you would do it on these type of pieces :)

Ruze that is exactly what i was talking about thank you so much.
problem is i just finished painting the piece:p sadly i cant take pictures because my mother came over and took my $2000 camera on a two week trip. So im trying to find another means of taking pictures.
but i guess before i make the mold ill have to go back and detail it up a bit more.
and as far as the mold process, it will be later in the build because i don't have the goods to make a mold with yet.
So im just going to move on to the next piece which is my thigh.
here there isn't too much detailing to be done just a lot of clean up and smoothing

Ok just got my hands on a back up camera!
so here's the pain job i was talking about
reachandothercrap047.jpg

reachandothercrap048.jpg

reachandothercrap049.jpg

and as for my thoughts on the paint job, i think its not at all good it looks messy but i can work.
and as i said earlier this is not at all complete, i just want to move on.

also something i wanted to bring up i noticed, from searching through the threads, no one really gives any criticism. i know its because we want to be polite and not judgmental on everyone's work. But as for this thread i would like to hear what you all really think. In my honest opinion i need criticism(not trash talk) so i can better improve my build and correct flaws.
so with that said let me really know what you think.:)

been a little busy in school again.
Haven't gotten a lot done but from the time i have had off this is whats ive gotten done.
reach003-4.jpg

reach002-3.jpg

heres what took so much time to build
Also i would like to add that the chest piece was made possible by AceNat.
Without her help i wouldnt have gotten this scaled right so i send my thanks to Ace.
reach004-3.jpg

I made this just to hurry up my build. i don't believe that this is at all accurate, but i do like how this looks. and i don't want to detail this because i want to have a more accurate piece to play with. :)
reach005-4.jpg

reach007-4.jpg

here i used a painting idea that involves tooth paste. its a bit weird but i think it did the trick.
the tooth paste made the paint look as if it was chipped.

hey i'm looking for some more reference pictures
if anyone can post a pic of the under suit.
im looking for around the stomach area as well as around the shoulders.
im thinking of building the under suit out of foamies.

MINOR UPDATE
WITH PICS
reach100.jpg

reach101.jpg

reach098.jpg

Im really happy with the way the foamies turned out.
i was a bit skeptical on how good it would look but over all it came out better then i thought.
it was super easy to make, and it took but an hour for me to make the full thing.

other updates
reach102.jpg

not to much done here. just trying to smooth everything out

also ive been working on hardening the chest piece but its been so hot here that the weather is slowing my progress
That,s all for now...

ok well good news and bad news...
first ill start off with the good news
since Reach launched i was able to get all the reference pictures i needed and because of this i was able to get back to work on the ODST helmet.
so with that being said here is what it looks like
reach003-6.jpg

reach004-4.jpg

reach002-4.jpg

reach001-3.jpg

and now for the bad news.
during the hardening process the chest piece warped a bit
reach005-5.jpg

as you can see the sides above where the arms go has folded downward and instead of the chest being really flat its a bit round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back