Props Nerf Reach Assault Rifle PIC HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylow

Jr Member
Here is a little something i whipped up at the request of MrOopsHeadshot , A Nerf Halo Reach assault rifle. This little project took me morning to night for a week but it was well worth it and I'm getting better with the progress pics too ! Yes, it is still fully functional based off of (my favorite) the Nerf recon. The way i work with Nerf guns is i understand some proportions might not add up completely to the real thing but you have to embrace what you have and add major details on top of that , i don't like to start altering things too too much. This was also my first time incorporating MDF into my builds but it went well, So i'll let the pictures do the talking tell me what you think !

ar12.jpg

ar7.jpg

ar6.jpg

ar11.jpg

ar3.jpg

ar5.jpg

ar8.jpg

ar2.jpg

_DSC0045.jpg

_DSC0046.jpg

_DSC0054.jpg

Also .. why do my threads keep disappearing in this forum ?

Man this is absolutely amazing. Great job. To me it looks spot on!

Now I wish I had a rifle (any for that matter :) )

~James

that is FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!! dude you have made it to hero status for me on weapon builds. i see how you used the MDF but i have to know how or where you were able to make the screen with. that is freaking unreal. hold on while i pick my jaw back up

that is FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!! dude you have made it to hero status for me on weapon builds. i see how you used the MDF but i have to know how or where you were able to make the screen with. that is freaking unreal. hold on while i pick my jaw back up

Lol thank you very much i poured a lot into this thing it was hard to part with believe me. If you mean the imitation amo counter i made it in illustrator from scratch using reference pics then put it behind a sheet of clear plastic in the "scope".

oh my god...that is amazing! i could care less if it isnt "game accurate," it looks like a real gun!

btw....i think your model needs a tan =P

WOW!!!!!!!! Best nerf mod ever. This should get you to elite status. Can we see more pictures please.

Thank you! well what other pictures of it would you like ? I took about every angle i thought of and since it was commissioned i send it off to its new loving owner tomorrow .

if you have more construction pictures I would appreciate seeing those. I'm just being greedy for more pics of this incredible build. Great job again!!! sorry you had to part with it. I hope you jacked the price up for such a work of art.

That's really impressive! I'm generally not a big fan of Nerf/Toy Gun mods but you took it to a whole new level with that. Great job!

if you have more construction pictures I would appreciate seeing those. I'm just being greedy for more pics of this incredible build. Great job again!!! sorry you had to part with it. I hope you jacked the price up for such a work of art.

I'm sorry I'm horrible about progress shots i might not have had any if the buyer didn't want some shots as i went along.I move at such a fast pace that i usually cant bring myself to take pictures too often along the way it only took me a week from start to finish. I thought id share how i made the two top pieces though because it was interesting to me that it worked so well. I simply used the pep file for the reach ar, printed out the two top pieces and the scope and used it as a rondo mold pouring it in all the way to the top and sanding when i was done . There was no shrinkage and it worked perfectly.

Woah dude! This is absolutely stunning and amazing! I love it! :D

Also, your threads aren't disappearing, they're just not showing due to the settings on the creation and discussion section.

You need to scroll down to the bottom of the thread-viewer, and select "From the Beginning", "Last post time", and "Descending Order" This will show all the threads. The creation and discussion section is the only place you need to do this.

I'm sorry I'm horrible about progress shots i might not have had any if the buyer didn't want some shots as i went along.I move at such a fast pace that i usually cant bring myself to take pictures too often along the way it only took me a week from start to finish. I thought id share how i made the two top pieces though because it was interesting to me that it worked so well. I simply used the pep file for the reach ar, printed out the two top pieces and the scope and used it as a rondo mold pouring it in all the way to the top and sanding when i was done . There was no shrinkage and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for sharing some of your process. I can't wait for your next project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back