First project; Iron Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwentworth3

I'm starting my first project and not sure where to start. I'm wanting to build my self a kick-ass iron man armor suit for halloween or just whenever I feel like wearing it. Any good pep files out there? Speaking of which is using a pep file the easiest way to go? Any tips, hints, tutorials would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

you will not finish in time for Halloween. iron man is the the most challenging build on the site imo.
theres a complete iron man pep files thread floating around somewhere. use the search bar and check out the stickys in the creation discussion forum

you will not finish in time for Halloween. iron man is the the most challenging build on the site imo.
theres a complete iron man pep files thread floating around somewhere. use the search bar and check out the stickys in the creation discussion forum

Dude, thanks for the one line mentioned " iron man is the the most challenging build on the site imo." I want an iron man outfit, but guess I'll start with a halo one first. What makes Iron man so hard? Is it because it's a full inclosure armor where as other costumes are just armor padding?

I agree, Iron man is very complex and highly detailed if you get the good files. It can also be VERY frustrating do to lots of small detail parts and weird angles. I've started IM several times, and have always had to stop just cause my skills as a pepper are not ready yet.

Dude, thanks for the one line mentioned " iron man is the the most challenging build on the site imo." I want an iron man outfit, but guess I'll start with a halo one first. What makes Iron man so hard? Is it because it's a full inclosure armor where as other costumes are just armor padding?

Like I said above, it is highly detailed and complex. Part of it IS with it being a full body suit. Particularly because, with the Halo suits, you have open spaces which allows for movement and flexibility. With Ironman, you have to compensate for total body in-closure in rigid armor, and build so specific parts will overlap and slide smoothly. One false placement, and you could either be put in a lot of pain from pinching, or have pieces catch, bend, and snap, and then your suit is ruined.

i've been workin on my ironman mark 3 suit for over 6 months now and am probably moving into paint next week. so when i say this is a difficult project i'm not trying to be discouraging just trying to help you out. some tips i did learn is that you should try and find the highest def pep files. it may be a pain to pep but it will save you in the bondo phase. oh, and i have a friend who taught me some tips that i really never heard of before on here. what he should me is that after you do your peping, resining, bondoing you can use a putty that is easy to sand and then you can move into priming. its crazy cause before i would just keep bondoing untill it looked perfect but that putty is way faster. also, i think i found some guy who has a mess of spare parts that he's willing to sell. his stuff is super light. i think he used sheets of plastic or something. anyways, i've gotten some parts from him and there pretty clean, so if your interested in emailing him pm me and i'll give you his email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back