Thank you Bungie Armor Compilation Video Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 270

After reading Nintendudes thread about the Traveling Helmet, it got me thinking about what else the community could do for showing our appreciation of Bungie's great series. I came up with the idea why not create a video with various members all in armor saying a simple "Thank you Bungie" or thank you message in armor. I don't mean have everyone in one single area, I mean have multiple clips of multiple people in armor all compiled together into one big thank you video. Any thoughts on this?

This is an awesome idea! If we can get at least 10 or so people, we could have it to Bungie by Monday! We need to spread the word. I'm up for it as soon as we get a little interest. I could also offer some basic editing services if need be.

Sounds Great... but i think we could get way more than 10, im sure if one person was in charge of this 5-7 second video clips could be sent and compiled together and make an approximately 10 minute video of a bunch of members saying thanks and possibly have the 405th Forum name titled in.if i wasnt clear with this pleas tell me so i can re-type this.

spArtan-270, your the ringleader ... do you want a lot of people or jusst a few. do you want to collect videos or someone else... your choice man so far we possibly have 5

dang I should have got off my lazy but during the summer and finished my ODST helmet! Great Idea! We should have The halo MJlolnir remix for sound. This would be the best finishing halo thank you vid yet if you guys pull it off! wish i could be in it!

my suggestion is that only be a 'thank you' no more than 3 -5 seg, might be a bit tired hearing the same thing many times on 5-7 seg.. and in the end of the video on a single screen all saying thanksmm like a mosaic of everyone

spArtan-270, your the ringleader ... do you want a lot of people or jusst a few. do you want to collect videos or someone else... your choice man so far we possibly have 5

Well I have the idea down and am willing to compile a video together, however if someone who has more experience in this area than me and would like to do this feel free. And I believe we should get Adam's permission before hand, since he is the admin of this site. As far as number of people goes, hey if you got a suit and feel like giving a shout out to Bungie feel free to join in.

my suggestion is that only be a 'thank you' no more than 3 -5 seg, might be a bit tired hearing the same thing many times on 5-7 seg.. and in the end of the video on a single screen all saying thanksmm like a mosaic of everyone

I agree, depending on the amount of people we get in, the time between cuts and clips will vary.

Well I have the idea down and am willing to compile a video together, however if someone who has more experience in this area than me and would like to do this feel free. And I believe we should get Adam's permission before hand, since he is the admin of this site. As far as number of people goes, hey if you got a suit and feel like giving a shout out to Bungie feel free to join in.

I would love to edit the finished clips together into a thank-you montage.

Time should be around 10 seconds, maximum 15. Footage should be as high quality as possible, webcams would be acceptable, but only if the footage is lag free. Please try to be creative with your message, as was said, hearing "thank you" over and over will be boring. Be enthusiastic, and let Bungie know why they're awesome. :D If you don't have access to a camcorder, a screenshot of yourself with your suit or prop would suffice, provided it's appropriate. Photos would need to include a written message to display as a subtitle on your photo. You'll need to include your 405th username when you send your clip.

A full suit won't be required, but some form of prop would be nice to show your dedication. If you send a photo, and have no prop, please give some kind of gesture to indicate your appreciation, for instance, a thumbs up, smile, and an appropriate background.

If everyone is alright with me handling this, I'll post up my email address, and you can send your clip to me. We do need to get Adam or Spase's permission though to use the 405th name or logo. I don't have Spase's email, and he'll need to approve the final video. Does anyone know a way to contact him? We need to get this rolling fast if we want to have it done by monday.

I would love to edit the finished clips together into a thank-you montage.

Time should be around 10 seconds, maximum 15. Footage should be as high quality as possible, webcams would be acceptable, but only if the footage is lag free. Please try to be creative with your message, as was said, hearing "thank you" over and over will be boring. Be enthusiastic, and let Bungie know why they're awesome. :D If you don't have access to a camcorder, a screenshot of yourself with your suit or prop would suffice, provided it's appropriate. Photos would need to include a written message to display as a subtitle on your photo. You'll need to include your 405th username when you send your clip.

A full suit won't be required, but some form of prop would be nice to show your dedication. If you send a photo, and have no prop, please give some kind of gesture to indicate your appreciation, for instance, a thumbs up, smile, and an appropriate background.

If everyone is alright with me handling this, I'll post up my email address, and you can send your clip to me. We do need to get Adam or Spase's permission though to use the 405th name or logo. I don't have Spase's email, and he'll need to approve the final video. Does anyone know a way to contact him? We need to get this rolling fast if we want to have it done by monday.

If you can do this that'd be great! And regarding finishing this by Monday, I have to say that although that would be the best date to show bungie, I don't think we should send this till after Reach has been released. I'm sure they will be getting a storm of emails, messages, etc from other fans out there. So I believe that although Monday would be great, perhaps we should postpone it to a later date?

Count me in. My Jackal costume has not yet been sent away to storage and is in my basement; I'd be happy to put on parts of it to show my support for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back