Truck bed liner ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathbox

Jr Member
has anyone tried using that spay truck bed liner stuff?

i was thinking that if it is like a real truck bed liner it might have sme strength to it, not just color. if it is strong enough it, it could work instead of fiberglass for making pieces strong enough to cast in a mold. has anyone ever tried the stuff, and if so, how strong is one or two coats?

If you're talking about Line-X, I don't know what the actual cost is but I've got a feeling that it's probably impractically high for something like this. But hey, if you did do it then your armor would literally be able to survive anything haha

with a quick search on google I found one that was a brush on truck bed line - 1 gallon (says covers a 6ft truck bed) runs about $90 from JC Whitney. Quick guessing I wouldn't think 1 gallon would be enough to over all parts of a suit. Also, with the texture of the product once it is applied, I have no idea how well it would sand down to enable a second coat to be applied.

I wasn't able to find a price (quickly that is) for either Spray X or Speedliner. Most of what I saw from those was shops that offer the service.

Walmart sells it in the spray can for like $5 a can. any idea how strong it is or if it would warp the cardstock?

Yea you can pick it up at walmart home depot lowes or auto zone in a spray can. I have considered using it to airsoft proof a helmet but never got around to it. I wouldn't spray it directly on card stock without resin coating it first or some kind of reinforcement because its going to be a heavy paint.

I know longshot used the spray can version on his inner thighs for his suit and he liked it, check him out in the noob section if you have any questions

I have used it and it is pretty good,however I would not use it in place of fiberglass
I have even tested it against my airsoft gun it holds up nicely anyway if you make multiple
passes over whatever you are using it on and make sure that it is very clean before you do spray

I work in a body shop and deal with some of these bed liners... your best cheap 12$ one it’s a druacoat, found at Most auto stores .But your going to have to do it slowy. Little at a time or your paper will go to crap. And no glue will not hold to it after you spay it on... Plus it will flex. So stuff will come apart later on... So fiberglass then the bed liner it . But don’t get the crap on the out sides . try spaying a piece of paper just to see how it turns out ..

Plus it will flex. So stuff will come apart later on... So fiberglass then the bed liner it . But don’t get the crap on the out sides . try spaying a piece of paper just to see how it turns out ..

By flex you mean distort the armor piece?
Also, do you mean we should only apply it on the inside?

used it as a strengthener before i slushed rondo in all of my jun build. i even used the cheap $7 stuff at wal-mart. would not recommend it as the primary hardener.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back