HALO ODST Diorama - New Mombasa

Status
Not open for further replies.
! Look at the page just before !

0ahn.jpg

jm6z.jpg

A small detail (but boring) to add to the side.
ta1y.jpg

hghc.JPG

Finish 98% (missing a single detail).
jvyc.jpg

z7zq.jpg

lq7g.JPG

at4k.jpg

ff7e.jpg

Other pictures will come in the next few days because I will soon finish the two façades: I remade the entrance and the window and I'm improving a façade and a door.

---------------------------
Small request for help guys

So I'll explain everything : this project is about to end, the end is near, and I look forward to my future project. An ambitious project but I could not achieve it without the help of the fan community of HALO.

I announce : my next project is to create : a model of the UNSC Infinity scale 1:4745, a length of 1 meter 20 (47,2") !
A little monster but it is a project dear to my heart and I'd really like to see in real life.

I need help from the fan community because to create the model I need a pattern (such as sewing), a pattern that I can not have without Pepakura. It would allow me to have the dimensions of each piece with precision and it would help me greatly.
And to have a Peapkura model, it's apparently requires a 3D model of the UNSC Infinity : something I can not do because I suck in this field...

I ask the help of fans who know how to make a Pepakure and 3D models : to see if they can help me in this project. Without that, I can not do it.
There was this model as an example (I have other pictures of this model):
u7t6.jpg

nxqw.jpg

I do not expect such a detailed model, I would need essentially the main structure of the ship, after for the rest I think I can manage.

If you can help me or if you know someone who can help me, please contact me by Private Message, I thank you in advance !

I count on you, everything depends on you!
Thank you so much!

Valentin'

Last edited by a moderator:
now I'm tagging along for this ride, is it okay if you can pm me the sizing factors for the bucker plus are you going to make the medical tent for the halo 2 demo/truf and just wanting to know are you going to go as big as the believe monument?

I am blown away by your work, every time I see it. Truly awesome.

I look forward to your next project. I wish I could help, but I am not a 3d model master.

OMG This is FANTASTIC. Sooo much detail, my brain hurts haha. C'est du beau travail!

Can't wait to see more, wish I could help with the Infinity project.

now I'm tagging along for this ride, is it okay if you can pm me the sizing factors for the bucker plus are you going to make the medical tent for the halo 2 demo/truf and just wanting to know are you going to go as big as the believe monument?
Sorry, my english is not very good, I did not understand very well your message ...

I am blown away by your work, every time I see it. Truly awesome.

I look forward to your next project. I wish I could help, but I am not a 3d model master.
Thank you !

So we are alike;)

OMG This is FANTASTIC. Sooo much detail, my brain hurts haha. C'est du beau travail!

Can't wait to see more, wish I could help with the Infinity project.
I hope your brain gets better!

I will accept any help on the fans !

I would help but I suck at Halo Ships By the way the Diorama is amazing
Hah I posted @11:38PM
Thanks guy :)

The next pictures will arrive during the week !

Dude you left me speechless i'm into stop motion animation and this is just stunning what I've seen you do absolutely breath taking you have a true talent have you ever thought about going into prop making for big companies? i would because from what I've seen you can beat allot of people out keep doing what you do this is amazing!!!!;)

Wow this is absolutely amazing! The detail is stunning, can't wait to see it finished. Cheers to you good sir!

I have a model of the Infinity. I can sent id to you via Dropbox right now if you want.
Thank you very much !!

Dude you left me speechless i'm into stop motion animation and this is just stunning what I've seen you do absolutely breath taking you have a true talent have you ever thought about going into prop making for big companies? i would because from what I've seen you can beat allot of people out keep doing what you do this is amazing!!!!;)
Thank you for all the compliments !
It is my dream to make my passion my job, but in France there is nothing, no opportunity in this sector. The way to do my job is to go abroad, the United States, for example. You are so much more open minds, not like here. Finally, we'll see :)

Wow this is absolutely amazing! The detail is stunning, can't wait to see it finished. Cheers to you good sir!
And it is not finished !

I improved the facade: a kind of small roof :)
7bhw.jpg

We start to stick.
bur7.jpg

lb9w.jpg

Now I use putty to fill the angles !
ie8h.jpg

Talaaa.
49qq.JPG

An overview (not yet glued). Of course, there will be a small integrated lighting ;)
ce9f.jpg

Remember : the old entry ! Not very nice. So I have made an other one.
wlzw.jpg

The beginning.
pxv.JPG

at0o.jpg

cq7y.jpg

I put a little bit of resin inside, to solidify the structure.
rmpr.jpg

nyvl.JPG

zy6v.jpg

6cq0.jpg

kakr.JPG

Its location.
42br.jpg

Still a little resin! (very useful)
xonc.jpg

gpc3.jpg

A portion of the bottom of the door.
yv5o.jpg

The doors will slid inside.
px9j.jpg

The new window! (yes everything is new, because everything was ugly!)
1jru.jpg

q6si.jpg

x25n.JPG

Oops broken :D
2rl6.jpg

The warning sign.
Created on computer, then printed on transparent paper.
mwh0.jpg

Both sides are glued on frosted transparent PVC.
t4hc.jpg

And now: solid and transparent.
After that, on the back side I'll stick a thickness of handkerchief : Yes, it is useful because it will allow to diffuse the light more efficiently !
q6uu.jpg

you know what once this is done would it be alright if I make this out of Legos and add it to my halo diarma as well, because I've got this whole ONI research/ city battle thing going on.

Small update on the progress!

To begin, for now I'm stuck: my airbrush is dead, he does not want to paint, my faithful companion for 4 years passed away (*little prayer*). So I have to wait for Christmas to begin painting the decor.

That being said, I do not do anything either :) I'll show you. For some time, you may notice that I recreates elements of the diorama which for me is not according to my requirements. Since I started this diorama I must say that my style, my technique of creation: all this has changed.

Go, I let you see what I did !

Interior painting of the building looks like this.
uir.JPG

A plate of PVC will do the job to make it.
efhb.jpg

Tracing.
4iwe.JPG

Now it only remains to engrave the PVC.
eg0a.jpg

Here's the result !
ebgb.jpg

A new ceiling lights.
suew.jpg

5anh.JPG

And here with some putty.
z5yh.jpg

Aahhh snack time !!
2sya.jpg

Here is a screen of one TV in the building.
I replayed the Halo ODST campaign just to find TVs !
rj8g.jpg
[/URL]

Same technique as the warning sign : the design is printed on transparent paper and then glued on transparent PVC.
wz38.jpg

PVC : 1 mm thickness to make the frame of the flat screen.
mk8x.jpg
[/URL]

Total thickness of the TV : 3mm ! I could not do less...
d48x.JPG

Its location.
9m61.jpg

4 LED 360° + 2 LED CMS to illuminate a TV.
9pal.JPG

An overview of the rendering!
gs89.jpg

Sometimes, I admit : it's a mess on my workbench !
dgs5.jpg
[/URL]

Ahhhh, I feel better now !
f9uw.jpg

The floor of the diorama with wooden frame (which will be painted black).
1nk5.jpg

The AC power connector.
4e2s.jpg

And the switch.
7ie3.jpg

More photos soon but before I will take a picture of all parts of the diorama... :)

This project seriously puts a smile on my face every time I look at it, pure amazement. The most intricate details become some of the biggest eye-catchers. Can't wait to see more!!

-Matt

Holy attention to detail Bat Man!!!

I see your first make of each piece and think to myself they are perfect. Then you re-make it and manage the impossible; to make the perfect even better!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back