HALO ODST Diorama - New Mombasa

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude you are doing a fantastic job, I can't wait to see what you accomplish when you are all done. But for reals, I can't wait to see more:)

I just checked this thread for the first time, I just gotta say...incredible work...the attention to detail is just phenomenal. This is dedication at its finest, cant wait to see the finished project. Keep up the good work.

This project seriously puts a smile on my face every time I look at it, pure amazement. The most intricate details become some of the biggest eye-catchers. Can't wait to see more!!

-Matt
For the details, I can already tell you that it is not finished ! There remain a lot.

Holy attention to detail Bat Man!!!

I see your first make of each piece and think to myself they are perfect. Then you re-make it and manage the impossible; to make the perfect even better!!
Thank you very much ! I think it was worth it to change some things.

dude you are doing a fantastic job, I can't wait to see what you accomplish when you are all done. But for reals, I can't wait to see more:)
Soon, soon ! I hope to finish it before its 3 ½ years birthday. I can not wait to start another project !

I just checked this thread for the first time, I just gotta say...incredible work...the attention to detail is just phenomenal. This is dedication at its finest, cant wait to see the finished project. Keep up the good work.
Thank you very much for your comment !

And now a new little update!

We approach the beginning of the end :) I do not have much thing to show you (I'll explain it a bit more down) but I have some pictures anyway.

I start the serious stuff (they were before also: P): I am attacking the paint of the decor. Will follow the setting up of it, the integration of characters, details and finishes. A whole program but that should walk well. I hope to do a good update every weekend.

There will probably a video of the painting of the decor and its installation. And maybe if I have time a video about the painting of weapons and furniture. :)

I also change the following project : I have already said, I know, but then I specify the trick. It has nothing to do with a model of the Infinity or another, this is not a diorama (although there will be others).

At the moment nobody knows the true nature of this project. It will be me "beneficial" to enlarge my collection and can be, if it meet a success, you can enjoy it too.

But we must be patient !

Meanwhile here are the latest pictures :)

This is the left side of the door : it is built with 2 PVC plate. I have dug inside to install a flat green LED. The black paint is used to obscure the light scattered in white PVC.
l8ee.jpg

An overview once lit !
agki.jpg

The explosion of the plasma grenade is ready.
1w9o.jpg

Inside a ceiling with 4 LEDs to illuminate the ceiling light.
ej5f.jpg

The fence ... To do what?
dgrw.jpg

To realize the metal mesh which reinforces the concrete in a structure.
q7iw.jpg

Hop placed !
39sd.jpg

And now what it looks !
2jbg.jpg

The new plant container (for palm).
diul.jpg

kc9p.jpg

After a lot of sanding.
ad9i.jpg

At the top, my old airbrush... Rest his soul, painting was a vocation for him, nothing resisted him during his five years of loyal service. He was at my side in all our battles, he never fails. But that life stopped. Rest in peace my big ...
And down, his successor !
ydlw.jpg

PVC that will be used for the ground outside.
5cv2.jpg

Tracing and engraving !
iwgu.jpg

The location of the impact of plasma.
sofs.jpg

I'll create the crater with plaster.
6qyl.jpg

A circle with extruded polystyrene.
fhb0.jpg

Is cut out.
kqtx.jpg

And I put a good dose of the plaster.
fpv4.jpg

Finished.
j0be.jpg

With a primer layer.
mcgx.jpg

Placed and glued !
3fsn.jpg

To the ground outside, I spent a layer of dark gray and then a layer of light gray. Sorry I do not have any photos, small oversight on my part (but I have a video: D)

Knowing that the edges of the pavers are darker than are inside, I must prepare for painting.
zmet.jpg

c37h.jpg

Same for the other part.
c4q8.jpg

Talaaaaaa !
xvtf.jpg

But some pavers are darker or lighter then ....
ilnc.jpg

57xh.jpg

Why I did not have much to show you! Because I was making late by something that I had not paid attention.

To be clear, while I plunged for the 27th time the Halo ODST campaign, I went through a room and there ... revelation!
Indeed I made a mistake and I disabled my "night vision". Above my head was a ceiling light illuminating intermittently.
To this day, I plan to paint the interior floor with 3 shades of brown. But in fact the interior floor of every building is BLUE !

gpmv.jpg

So, I ordered the new paint, so I lost a week ... That's why I'm late :D

More photos soon.

this is unbelievable!! great work dude, can't wait to see the finished product! saw this thread when it first started up and just checked in out of curiosity but this is just incredible!

Absolutely amazing! I love all the little details like the led on the door and the wire mesh for the busted up concrete. I'm looking forward to seeing more on this! :D

this is unbelievable!! great work dude, can't wait to see the finished product! saw this thread when it first started up and just checked in out of curiosity but this is just incredible!
I go pretty fast, I think the end is near ;)

Absolutely amazing! I love all the little details like the led on the door and the wire mesh for the busted up concrete. I'm looking forward to seeing more on this! :D
These are the details that are most important !

This thing is insanely detailed. I would never have that attention to detail. Keep up the amazing work!
Thank you :)

just be glad you're not building like three city blocks or more, unless you want to. I think if you did they might make a map based off of it... I mean one guy that played 17,000 matches and got a signed map and 4 year's of xbox live membership. so if you wined up making a second believe event then they might. oh and I found these on the web if you want you can take a crak at them.

halodiorama1.jpg

halo_war_diorama_izmir_turkey_by_ceraxtonna-d50lax7.jpg

FILLVVBGB3W28WH.MEDIUM.jpg

just some idea's if you want to build more.

It's the end of the week, which means a small upgrade ! ;)

I've been a little busy with other things but I still tried to advance the diorama. Good news to me is that all the furniture are made and received primer ! Some received their first coat of paint and some are a little more advanced.

I'll let you look at the pictures.

The ground and tracing for the electric cables.
9kh8.jpg

The famous blue interior floor, here is the first step.
p3ic.jpg

Still blue !
s7vc.jpg

Here's the result (I'm pretty happy ^ ^)
2rox.jpg

A preview !
ydu.JPG

The beginning of the coffee table.
wpd3.jpg

A little more. But you do not see the result.
a495.jpg

The bench seat : finished !
gzsj.jpg

The floor of the roof. It is made as pavers.
3vqn.jpg

mff4.jpg

It remains to darken or lighten some pavers.
7sk0.jpg

What is it?
8uks.jpg

The new sofa! I let you see thr making process.
law0.jpg

4ocr.jpg

hkri.jpg

txnl.jpg

Some resin to solidify the thing.
r9vl.jpg

s4rz.jpg

7qwz.jpg

j0oo.jpg

tlk7.jpg

vsd2.jpg

y993.jpg

8e7z.jpg

Two pieces of extruded polystyrene will serve as a cushion.
jf84.jpg

Covered with real fabric.
st0l.jpg

Compared to the old sofa ...
t7ob.jpg

The model in the game !
xc8k.jpg

I'll be back with more photos, promised ;)

I've never really been into dioramas or figures, but this is very impressive, and I'll be keeping an eye out to see where this finishes :)

Absolutely beautiful attention to detail! Is this the only diorama thread on the 405th? Even if it wasn't, it would surely be the best anyway.

I have played Warhammer for years. I have never seen this much attention to detail put into any set. You sir are on a professional level. Awesome work!

this is looking great. working on such a small scale can be tedious. on a side note where do get your pvc sheets, will I am assuming that's what they are, to build.

edit:

never mind on the second part, I just saw that you are in france.

got say this you are reminding me of staffan he just love's to put in a hundred percent into his work, all for his little girl who became a Spartan and all she wanted when she was a kid was a doll house and still does.

I would like to thank you all for your messages, they give me the motivation, the desire to continue and desire to surprise you again and again ! Thank you very much !

Absolutely beautiful attention to detail! Is this the only diorama thread on the 405th? Even if it wasn't, it would surely be the best anyway.
I found this other topic about diorama.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/22925-The-Halo-Diorama-By-Roodkill?highlight=diorama

It's Sunday ! And on Sunday, it is the update ! I work a lot of time on the same thing this week, but at least I finished the major part to do it.

We start with a new kit to assemble without notice ! I let you watch ;)
nftm.jpg

mtki.jpg

te8t.jpg

4za7.jpg

wijb.jpg

iew4.jpg

2ate.jpg

And yes, it is a table.
wbbx.jpg

The primer : remains to paint.
1jb8.jpg

So here's what I worked on : the indoor wall painting. The darkest part (gray almost black) is, in the game, composed of wooden slats of different hues. It remains for me to paint ...
o8x6.jpg

And to paint the famous wooden slats, I must delimit it with tape marking : a lot of small strips of 0.5 mm width.
v9sz.jpg

It took me a little more than 8 hours of work just to the tape marking !
1jkq.jpg

All the paintings will be useful !
09di.jpg

And as always: small snack break ;)
y079.jpg

I paint each wooden slats one by one, long, long work !
vz61.jpg

This is the final result after 3 drybrush: 2 brown and 1 black.
c0e8.jpg

Little mess during the painting.
utxp.jpg

That is what I had to dry brush ! About 750 wooden slats !
vxhp.jpg

And is the result of the 8 hours of work...
gie6.jpg

Finished !
hman.jpg

It was a small update, but only because painting the walls took me a lot of time, it was easier to do than I would have thought :)

I will return soon !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back