HALO ODST Diorama - New Mombasa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just incredible. I've no idea what else to say but....well done. It's always exciting to see how far you go with this project.

Awesome painting of the wooden slats! Looks awesome!!
Thank you very much !

Just incredible. I've no idea what else to say but....well done. It's always exciting to see how far you go with this project.
I do not know at all. But one thing is sure, my next project is much different than this one.

This is incredible, I am looking forward to seeing the figures all placed in it. This is really cool.
Normally you do not have to wait very long, most of the painting is done.

Well, as you probably noticed, we are Monday. I did not make my last Sunday's update because I have a bad connection and yesterday I had no internet : so update was impossible...

So I will do it tonight but I accidentally deleted all the latest photos of the diorama.

But I have advanced: the paint is done at 95% ! So it will not be long before finishing but I still have to do :
1 - Assembly : assemble and glue decor,
2 - Characters : installation of figurines in the decor mounted,
3 - Details : adding a lot of little things to make detailed and realistic as possible,
4 - Finishes : rework if any do.

5 ° - The result show you the finished product!

Otherwise this week I started and almost finished painting the exterior walls, varnished interior walls and floors. I finished the table, coffee table, lockers, chairs, sofas, wall of sandbags, the front door and plant container.

I'm really sorry for the pictures but I'll catch up next Sunday, there will be a lot of pictures I assure you !! ;)

Well I'm late, I know, but we must not blame me, right now my internet connection is not at its best. Moreover I become increasingly busy and next week I take the job so I will have even less time for the diorama. But it will not make me stop, just slow down.

I have not worked a lot last week so I have not advanced, however, I started painting the exterior walls. So no pictures of those below in this update, it will be next Sunday!

That's what I can show you :

A simple kit to make a locker.
3yb1.jpg

ncp8.jpg

7t3j.jpg

xqo8.jpg

The putty product many many dust ...
vq4o.jpg

A "screenshot" of Halo ODST to know that there are marked on the sandbags.
nps6.jpg

Here are the decals.
zpzx.jpg

I spend a gloss coat before applying the decals.
ih9k.jpg

The result !
v6s9.jpg

Even the snack time ! : xD
6ved.jpg

Table.
l589.jpg

evp4.jpg

Coffee table.
lakg.jpg

The plant container for palm !
an6h.jpg

One of the chairs.
71g9.jpg

Phone booth.
7vj5.jpg

Lockers.
0kuo.jpg

nv9s.jpg

And the bench !
ip3o.jpg

It's not much, but I did not have much time. Among other things, all the furniture is completed and ready to be placed in the decor, good news :)

I will return soon with new photos!

Thank you CLOTHAR ! ;)

Hello everyone,

I advance slowly the diorama because I go back to work. I hope to show you pictures soon.

Meanwhile I need you : I have a 3D model on SketchUp and I wish to cut it into several pieces (for 3D printer). However I do not know how to do, if you master well SketchUp and you are available to help me, send me a private message please.

I count on you ! ;)

Two things: You have the patience of a saint, I couldn't do this for 3 and a half years! And I have never seen so much detail ever!!

Subscribed. Cannot wait to see the end.

Two things: You have the patience of a saint, I couldn't do this for 3 and a half years! And I have never seen so much detail ever!!

Subscribed. Cannot wait to see the end.
Thank you very much !! :)

I'm sorry for all this time without news, but the job takes me 6 days a week so free time is rare...
Enough of lamentations, let's get serious ! I stopped the diorama, no time and no motivated too... It's too ambitious project... ARE YOU SICK ?! NEVER, I will not stop! I say I will finish it and I will : indeed we approach more and more the end of this part of the diorama !

More seriously, despite the work I try to progress again and again, I do not go bad I think. After you judge with pictures but tell you that : I keep some pictures below the elbow so you will not see where really I am !

By what we start ? By this: decoration.
pG5mcl7.jpg

WjxWQzQ.jpg

With some paint.
HhVmwcv.jpg

The palms are placed.
W6PQTam.jpg

And I add plaster to seal them.
SlGM0V4.jpg

An overview of the front door : half open because the mechanical system was destroyed by a Wraith.
2cl06eI.jpg

An overview of the ground floor : the walls were not glued which explains the shift in the angle.
Nh1E69e.jpg

The first floor.
F8pgin8.jpg

2sKhMkO.jpg

Thr broken TV !
lLE7Uf8.jpg

In painting the concrete (the white dots on the ground are the holes to place objects/figurines : so this is normal).
9WIDkUQ.jpg

The new window !
c6kp4CR.jpg

Does it remind you of memories ?
zxSJnMn.jpg

Yes sometimes I'm thirsty !
PNUqbVc.jpg

Here's a small detail :paper sheets. I do not know if you've noticed in the game, but there is paper everywhere: on the floor, wall etc.. Here are mine in 1:15 scale (all unique).
6XqQLpk.jpg

o8Le5w2.jpg

f9eCh6E.jpg

B3h43xj.jpg

3YxxgCm.jpg

Always have green plants !
YpUzCZO.jpg

1b3hS8Y.jpg

Little detail had to be seen during the HALO ODST campaign, going in dark corners !
Here's how I created it:
SIbZSPi.jpg

0ZSqUSL.jpg

6B8k8zl.jpg

JSXYu0g.jpg

nGD9I28.jpg

A trash bag !
DE2aylr.jpg

1:15 scale
mc90Mir.jpg

And last: an object (a lamp) just started !
Yy089SN.jpg

ETNPB1H.jpg

And that is all for now... But others will come, probably more crisp than these !!

I hope you liked, see you soon guys ! ;)

So happy to see this build pick up again. Keep digging in to get it finished. My project finished out 5 1/2 years after the game it was based on and it was still worth it. Your results so far are awesome and we can't wait to see it finished.

Redshirt

this is all crazy awesome man
And the following will be even more!

So happy to see this build pick up again. Keep digging in to get it finished. My project finished out 5 1/2 years after the game it was based on and it was still worth it. Your results so far are awesome and we can't wait to see it finished.

Redshirt
Thank you so much for your encouragement ! I'll finish it and continue it !

Oh wow....I am sooo looking forward to seeing this finished!
Thanks !!

Awesome work I was starting to worry this post was going necro. So awesome to see you still ware working on this. I am waiting for the final product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back