HALO ODST Diorama - New Mombasa

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is looking really great so far! From what I've seen so far, this diorama is going to look incredibly awesome! I especially like your attention to detail, like the little bits of glass on the phone booth and the bars on the defense shield.

Also, your cast figures look great. I've wanted to do that myself too, but not sure how and don't want to try it and ruin my figures! D: Really can't wait to see what this looks like when it's all done! :D

Thank you guys! I'm looking forward to see finished too.

Here are new photos :

An illuminated sign.
p1030913l.jpg

The illuminated sign. DELs are not suitable, I await the 360° DELs to better illuminate.
p1030918g.jpg

The inside sign is covered with aluminum to better distribute the light.
p1030925.jpg

I cover the walls with PVC plates.
p1030933z.jpg

p1030934v.jpg

Engraving panels to create grooves.
p1030935e.jpg

p1030937s.jpg

The facades engraved.
p1030939d.jpg

p1030940g.jpg

The facades finished. I painted the broken part of the wall as the primer spray corrodes extruded polystyrene.
p1030941wm.jpg

Other photos soon...
Enjoy.

Wow, félicitations c'est de toute beauté. Je suis surpris de voir quelqu'un d'autre faisant des dioramas et qui plus est de superbes dioramas. Beaucoup d'idées ingénieuses, une très bonne technique ... Bref, j'a-dore!!
Je vais surveiller ce topic de très près, crois-moi :p

~
Wow, congratulations, it's very beautiful. I'm surprised to see an another people making dioramas and especially awesome dioramas. Lots of ingenious ideas, very good technique ... I-am-loving it!!
I'm going to see this thread many times in this week, trust me :p

I love dioramas and this one is definitely going to look awesome! You have some mad skills in scaling, molding, casting and recreating battle damages. I wanted to do something like this a while back but in a smaller scale with Warhammer 40K, but this is better as far as the scale goes because you can add better details. Looking forward to more WIP pics!

DAMN DUDE I LOVE THIS i cant wait to see it done but how are you going to pose the figures for it if they are solid casts?????

WOW!! This is AWESOME
you are very good at molding small parts

I'm curious how did you cast these so well with no bubbles??

If i had tried this they probably would have come out with no hands and LOTS of bubbles

p1020503g.jpg

p1020492a.jpg

Thank you everyone for your messages, it's very motivating ...

To have figurines in resin without bubbles I made molds in two parts (as on the photo).

First step: open the mold and put some resin in all the small places where there may be air bubbles.
Let harden.

Second step: close the mold properly. Fill the mold with resin from the top of the mold. Through the center hole but also by the chimneys on the sides (photo :
iuygt.jpg
).

Third step: When the resin arrive on the top of the hole, stop to put on and start making small pressure on the mold in order to remove air bubbles. You can also tap the mold to get them out. Then it must recover with the resin to fill the void left by the bubbles.

That's my technique to don't have bubble when I use my molds.

New photos:

Manufacturing of the front door.
p1030943s.jpg

p1030944vx.jpg

p1030946g.jpg

p1030949d.jpg

p1030952it.jpg

Door lighting.
p1030958j.jpg

p1030960.jpg

p1030967.jpg

Soldier: All articulation are cut to put in the position I want.
p1030969hb.jpg

p1030970c.jpg

p1030971.jpg

Work in progress :

It is the structure of the ceiling lighting
p1030980i.jpg

Their glass
p1030981r.jpg

The second warning sign of my diorama
p1030982t.jpg

The first warning sign is built into the wall.
p1030983h.jpg

The interior of the wall
p1030984b.jpg

The warning sign once enlightened, before changing DEL
p1030985o.jpg

p1030986b.jpg

p1030987d.jpg

The city of New Mombasa being attacked, the electrical system has some problems, the warning sign also.
So I changed the DEL, the new DEL flash randomly in frequency and intensity.

A little video to show you the result.

Tell me if you like, or if you prefer a normal and constant lightening. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the flicker effect, but all 4 lights change intensity at the same time... it would probably look more realistic if they flickered independently. It gives it a more dilapidated look, rather than a random flicker. Very nice though!

I like the flicker effect, but all 4 lights change intensity at the same time... it would probably look more realistic if they flickered independently. It gives it a more dilapidated look, rather than a random flicker. Very nice though!

Good idea!
I had not thought of that, an individual flicker ... Good thinking. Thank you.

wow. i think that this will be able to rival the Halo 3 diorama that a few hundred people made. excelent job, and awesome that you got the soldiers articulated, though dont promote them too much, MS might have a fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back