HALO ODST Diorama - New Mombasa

Status
Not open for further replies.
The job is restarted !

I'm sorry for my absence, but I had some problems (again...).

Here are the latest advancements in the diorama (sorry, some pictures are from my phone)
img1170d.jpg

img1171jq.jpg

img1172w.jpg

A small group photo!
p1050213.jpg

p1050215y.jpg

The inventory of weapons.
p1050216c.jpg

The inventory of equipment.
p1050217c.jpg

A good Covenant is a dead Covenant.
p1050220r.jpg

p1050221x.jpg

p1050222p.jpg

Work again and I go pretty fast I think. Finally!

On HaloCreation, a member had noticed a small error that I did not pay attention!

Indeed, McFarlane was mistaken in placing pads Marines! They head down. So, because I like everything to be "accurate" I decided to do something.

The error McFarlane!
halo01.jpg

Proof : a screenshot of the game
marines2.jpg

So I remove the shoulder of the figure and I molded it's easier that way.
Now see the result:
p1050239e.jpg

p1050240g.jpg

p1050241i.jpg

This is the work of a sniper rifle:
p1050227q.jpg

p1050228c.jpg

p1050229t.jpg

Because I'm nice a small preview of the roof (WIP)
p1050234p.jpg

p1050235x.jpg

Now I attack reassembly of the characters one by one. In fact you could see that I cut all the joints of all figures to change their position, so, I have to recreate all!

How do I proceed? With putty. I would also like to correct minor imperfections associated with molding.

Small photo: I separate the arms and legs of the torso, then I inspect the fault finding a bit of a blue marker and then I use putty.
p1050243t.jpg

After I sand and sculpt.

Following soon ;)

Looks fantastic! I was inspired by your work to mold some McFarlane weapons :p
I had the exact same issue with the shoulders, I switched them over because they kind of bugged me once I saw that they were wrong lol
One of my favourite threads on the 405th.
Keep it up :)

Impressionnant comment tu bosses les detail a une si petite echelle u_u je suis au taff j'ai pas pu bien tout regarder

je rejette un cou d'oeil ce soir mais en tout cas c'est bluffant !!

si defois tu vend tes fig halo xD

Looks fantastic! I was inspired by your work to mold some McFarlane weapons :p
I had the exact same issue with the shoulders, I switched them over because they kind of bugged me once I saw that they were wrong lol
One of my favourite threads on the 405th.
Keep it up :)
Yes it took inverted so that the figures are conform with the game.
Thank you
I do not want to stop!

Impressionnant comment tu bosses les detail a une si petite echelle u_u je suis au taff j'ai pas pu bien tout regarder

je rejette un cou d'oeil ce soir mais en tout cas c'est bluffant !!

si defois tu vend tes fig halo xD
Un français ? Ça fait plaisir !
Je n'avais jamais bossé sur une échelle comme celle là, mais je trouve ça assez sympa.
Après ce diorama, j'en ferai des plus petits que je vais vendre.
=
A French? It's cool!
I had never worked on a scale like this, but I find it quite nice.
After this diorama, I will make smaller than it and I will sell them.

I really admire your work, your attention to detail is astounding!
I try to do my best !

This is really amazing! good job
Thank you very much

I just wanted to say great job man. There are plenty of good armor builds on this site, but your choice of building a diorama has been a great one. I paint some small platic models but I could never imaging actualy building the models you have with such great detail on such a small scale.

Thanks for breaking my jaw.... expect a lawsuit... But, honestly this is amazing work you have some real talent guy and i can't wait to see the finished project! You sir are an artist!

T'aurais pas quelques photos de tes dioramas? mais en grande vue plutot que des zooms ^^ pour voir a quoi ca ressemble

Hello everyone,

I'm back, still with this diorama.

Here, a "small" video to show you and explain the work I have to do to create a single figure. There are about 3 hours of work per model ...

There will be other videos to show you and explain other parts of the realization (painting, building, decoration, furniture, etc.) and all videos have the same intro and the same conclusion.

The vidéo :

You remember the window of the building? It is broken. But broken by what you will ask me ?! Explosion, not the one to destroy the angle of the building but by the explosion of a plasma grenade. That's part of its realization :

A plastic sphere and cotton wool
p1050275z.jpg

I stick cotton wool on each parts of the sphere
p1050276a.jpg

I paint the cotton wool with Tamiya transparent blue paint, and put LED inside.

The result
p1050294e.jpg

p1050296e.jpg

I cast the rocket launcher of the UNSC :

p1050285t.jpg

p1050286u.jpg

To be continued ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,
I'm back, still with this diorama.

p1050294e.jpg

p1050296e.jpg
Words have honestly failed me. That is so cool I can't think of how to describe it!
I don't think I would have ever thought to use cotton wool like that. Ever.

Two and a half years , this thread has been going - and it never stops being as awesome as it is, every time you update us with more!
The level of detail and precision you've put into this is astounding, and I hope I'm still around here when you eventually declare it "finished".
Here's to however long it takes!
MS7

Words have honestly failed me. That is so cool I can't think of how to describe it!

Two and a half years , this thread has been going - and it never stops being as awesome as it is, every time you update us with more!
The level of detail and precision you've put into this is astounding, and I hope I'm still around here when you eventually declare it "finished".
MS7

I feel the same, the creativity is insane and I really hope I am here when he finishes! I can dream :D

:O Dude... You are blowing my mind!! Amazing work, I really cant wait for more!
Thank you dude !

MS7

I feel the same, the creativity is insane and I really hope I am here when he finishes! I can dream :D
Almost 3 years indeed, many hours of work but eventually I'll get to finish it. Thank you, that kind of comment gives me more motivation.

Always pay attention to the location of his fingers when using a scalpel! That'll teach me
p1000310.jpg

I cast a new weapon : the BR HALO 4. To me, 10 times prettier than I had !
p1000373y.jpg

My little painting workshop on the balcony
p1000415ae.jpg

Figurines and accessories.
p1000423uh.jpg

p1000424m.jpg

Ready to paint !
p1000431.JPG

After one layer of a special resin primer, I spent two layer of primer gray to finish.
p1000437a.jpg

Battle scars lol i get them alot. Can wait till i see them painted up and put together, the plasma explosion look amazing!! Nice work
Daniel

Every time I check, something astonishing presents itself here, and about the wound, you have literally put your blood, sweat, and tears into this! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back