HALO ODST Diorama - New Mombasa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your attention to detail is astounding! Such amazing work!

Madly, madly jealous. You have a lot of patience to go through with this project. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Your attention to detail is astounding! Such amazing work!
This is looking amazing!!!!!!! wow!!!
amazing wow :eek
Oh thank you :)

Madly, madly jealous. You have a lot of patience to go through with this project. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!
Yes I am very patient!
The diorama is paused at the moment but I did not give up. I have an ongoing project and I still have to mold the M6h Magnum. After I am fully dedicated to diorama.

just be gald he's not doing something with lego's.... paints dry got to go.
When I was a kid LEGO was fun, but now, less :)

well with the halo mega bloks they've got I buy a set twice a month and then about a few hundred lego bricks and now I've got a pretty big battlescape going on.

Found this line of model guns by TomyTec and remembered this thread. Don't know if the model line will be useful since it's not halo specific but it seems like it's around the right size for your diorama.

or he could do it like the mega blok guy did.

because he did a halo wars, barracks, retacor, supply pad, and air pad to sceal and still had room for some other things heres his vid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't of believe it if I hadn't seen this with my own eyes! Dude you have a ton of talent, you should definitely go into Halo business marketing your blasters and figures. You'd be rich!

MdPdlf8.png

Finally ! I take back the diorama and I intend to make it evolve.

I was missing a lot of time, I made two replicas of HALO 4's weapon : the MH6 Magnum and T-25 Plasma Pistol (pictures of this last coming soon). However I did not have many orders so it was not very profitable, France is not a country for prop making, USA are. So I put myself on the making and expansion of the diorama. That's the short explanation.

I'm currently thinking and drawing the diorama in full, in order to know what to do and how. At the same time I make a list of things to buy to avoid missing something. I also spent some time looking for some figurines : that I have found !
Normally there will be all the characters like in the game: Marines, ODST, Policeman, Grunts, Jackals, Brutes and Drones !

In the photo you can see the disassembled figurines for a new molding (excluding Jackals).
GkQfINI.jpg

There is also something important : I FINALLY found the DARE's figurine and I FINALLY have the M6 SOCOM !! I could not do the diorama without THIS weapon !!
1899421_10205318458939667_8904072790707545130_o.jpg

Now that making start again, I'll make updates as often as possible !
See you soon !!!

-Valentin

Yay, you're back!

I've been checking back on this thread every once in a while with the hopes that you'd pick it up again! I love your work so far and I can't wait to see it finished! :D

Yay, you're back!

I've been checking back on this thread every once in a while with the hopes that you'd pick it up again! I love your work so far and I can't wait to see it finished! :D
I also want to know what it will look like ! :)

Small update : I finished the overall plan, so I know how it will be globally. Right now I draw each part in more detail.

It will be composed of 12 part. It will measure 1.72 meters by 2.43 meters (5'64 by 7'94). For height, it shall not exceed 60cm (24 ") for a simple reason : if it is highest I could not store it at home.

I have a small question : what would you like to see in the diorama ?? I will keep all ideas and I will choose a few ;) !!

A crash scene of some sort would be really cool. I'm sure what ever you do will be amazing. Looking forward to more progress! :D

Your level of skill is borderline demoralizing. I mean, If you were born soaking up all the artistic ability in the world, what are the rest of us poor fat fingered people supposed to do? Seriously, this is beyond perfect.

A crash scene of some sort would be really cool. I'm sure what ever you do will be amazing. Looking forward to more progress! :D
A scene of crash how? Explains me your idea.

Your level of skill is borderline demoralizing. I mean, If you were born soaking up all the artistic ability in the world, what are the rest of us poor fat fingered people supposed to do? Seriously, this is beyond perfect.
I learned over time and by making mistakes. After I have an uncle who is a craftsman, an aunt who is a painter and my dad is a great handyman : it can help ! Thanks a lot for your comment !!

I'm sorry for my absence, at the moment it's a bit complicated. To continue the diorama I need the raw materials, paint, silicone and resin etc. I had no money to buy stuff, so I had to make and sell a few replicas of Magnum and Plasma Pistol Halo 4. It took me a while but I had a little money to buy the raw materials.

The last time I said I was going to cast again the figurines : piece by piece for ease, simplicity and for better resin casts. So I disassembled the figurines and now I have to make 110 two-part molds.
I started preparing for its molds : I made 110 formwork with foamboard. For one formwork it takes 8 pieces, in total I had to cut 880 pieces. And do 880 gluing !

The 880 pieces before gluing.
fNDibBp.jpg

Formwork for missing weapons : Spiker, Brute shot, Needler and Brute plasma rifle.
SOmi3YU.jpg

26 pieces for Brute's figurine.
DZONON0.jpg

13 for the Grunt.
SOHju85.jpg

17 for the Marine.
i8lCDNz.jpg

23 for the Drone.
oaGdXnd.jpg

J3o9MLd.jpg

22 for the ODST.
oeUXaW6.jpg

I ordered the silicone, I await the receipt of the package and I will start casting.

A scene of crash how? Explains me your idea.

Maybe if you had where a Pelican or similar aircraft had been shot down. Showing the wreckage and maybe a fire fight between survivors of the crash and the enemy is something that came to mind.

Maybe if you had where a Pelican or similar aircraft had been shot down. Showing the wreckage and maybe a fire fight between survivors of the crash and the enemy is something that came to mind.

your talking like the one in halo 2

Goodness! I thought sanding the inside parts of a recon visor were tedious but this is mad! Outstanding work my friend.

I had thought to put a Pelican, while respecting the scale diorama (1/15) a Pelican which measures 30.5m(100 ft) in true, should 2m(6.5 ft) in the diorama. I can not make a Pelican and put it in the diorama unfortunately.

Goodness! I thought sanding the inside parts of a recon visor were tedious but this is mad! Outstanding work my friend.
Thank you :) I think every project has its difficulties so sanding the inside parts of a recon visor should not be easy either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back