HALO ODST Diorama - New Mombasa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow vraiment beaucoup de travail de précision! La qualité est impressionnante :)
Je vais suivre avec intérêt! :)

Wow lots of precision details! Quality of work is incredible! Will follow and can't wait to see more :)

Wow, your attention to detail is outstanding. I love all of the creative ways you make cool stuff, like the Sniper's cartridges and the plasma grenade explosion, keep it up!
It just takes a little imagination :)
Thank you !

Those ODST's look fantastic, hell everything you have done looks fantastic. IMO this is the best workmanship the 405th has to offer.
There are many beautiful things on this forum and many talented people.

Wow vraiment beaucoup de travail de précision! La qualité est impressionnante :)
Je vais suivre avec intérêt! :)

Wow lots of precision details! Quality of work is incredible! Will follow and can't wait to see more :)
An another French guy on this forum or a Francophone ?

Thank you, I try to apply myself as much as possible.

due this is awesome i cant believe i missed this before today, i paint miniature models and i thought of doing this same thing but never had the space, keep it up i want to see this done. If you need any help with anything let me know I would be more than happy to help out.

I have not done anything since the last time I started painting furniture and military items (shield and boxes of ammunition). Besides, I just got the material to make my own decals : So I can work more.

For the decor, I will do it just after the furniture.

Regarding the ODST's video, I'm almost finished it, I have to export it and put it online. And with my internet connection, it will take me probably 4 hours... :/

And for photos, they will come with the video !

I just discovered this thread and I must say your work is most excellent! The amount of time you're taking with it shows in the quality of the results. Great job!!

Thank you guys ! ;)

As promised, a video and some news on the progress of the diorama.

I present to you the newest video showing you the paint job to do for a small ODST. I admit it's a long video but I made it as short as possible. Many details do not appear in the video and also I say it.

Enjoy! : D

So Here are the pictures:

At first I was molded weapons of HALO 3, so I made cartridge clip for these weapons. Then I cast weapons of HALO 4 and unfortunately, this is not the same cartridge clip. So I set out to make other one by one.
4jr5.jpg

Finally, I say "you're stupid Valentin, you have silicone and resin, make a mold". So I made one charger of BR and one of Assault rifle.
pkb1.jpg

And I cast it ! This is much faster and much easier.
z4qg.jpg

Talaaa: the result ^ ^
rrx8.jpg

I also needed a small supply !
jezs.jpg

The small central part of the shield.
fasv.jpg

I'll let you look at the evolution ...
ffz5.jpg

jjt4.jpg

wdwi.jpg

7mpl.jpg

7wuy.jpg

nnpv.jpg

vkem.jpg

Interior details : it is not as simple as it looks.
1qyn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Phew, finally, now I'm going to stick that.
bk5s.jpg

Another detail of the interior of the shield.
zut8.jpg

Here it is with the primer !
hv19.jpg

A little bit of green ...
eet.JPG

Sometimes the longest thing to do, it is not to paint, is to hide what should not be painted ...
kgzh.jpg

7doc.jpg

I soon finished the shield and the phone booth, I'll post pictures when finished.

My jaw dropped when I saw those last three pictures! Making magazines for a tiny rifle is one thing, but the detail you put into the barricade is unbelievable!

Every time I see this thread pop up, I think "He's still at it?" And you never disappoint with your updates! As always, I look forward to more.

That detail is amazing, it only makes me think what you could do with a full suit of armor :)

I'll tell you what man, scale the props up a bit, and you'd be on your way to making some awesome Halo fan films as well as an awesome scenery for a Halo themed airsoft/paintball arena!

Keep up the awesome work man!

This is looking absolutely incredible. Looking forward to seeing more.

All the stages and steps come together brilliantly.

My jaw dropped when I saw those last three pictures! Making magazines for a tiny rifle is one thing, but the detail you put into the barricade is unbelievable!

Every time I see this thread pop up, I think "He's still at it?" And you never disappoint with your updates! As always, I look forward to more.
Since I posted the photos, I added a little detail on the magazines.
Yes I'm still on this diorama for almost 4 years ...

So very epic! Great work, keep at it.

Looks Awesome. I love seeing every update of this build.
Thank you guys, this is the kind of comment that makes me even more desire to continue do my best.

That detail is amazing, it only makes me think what you could do with a full suit of armor :)
Just before starting the diorama I wanted to make an ODST armor. But France is not like the United States, there are almost no events to be able to cosplay. Maybe one day ...

I'll tell you what man, scale the props up a bit, and you'd be on your way to making some awesome Halo fan films as well as an awesome scenery for a Halo themed airsoft/paintball arena!

Keep up the awesome work man!
If I could, I would not say no :)

Holy wow dude... Incredible...Beautiful work.

This is looking absolutely incredible. Looking forward to seeing more.

All the stages and steps come together brilliantly.
Thank you guys !

It's time for a big late update.

No, I did not do anything during that time, that's what you thought huh ?! ;) I enjoyed myself, I have advanced, at least it is on the good way!

After the photos, I have a little announcement to make, you'll see !

It begins with the new sandbag wall (version 1 had a small problem).
Here is the line to be followed.
h3sp.jpg

This will allow me to do it: a kind of clay that hardens like a rock.
uumm.jpg

It starts like this,
chmp.jpg

Then cut and it looks like this:
o1xu.jpg

And finally this:
j0v9.jpg

mtkt.jpg

After the undercoat and primer, paint.
oo3r.JPG

xhj7.jpg

Now, the new bench at the right and the old (ugly) at the left.
sre7.JPG

bq9e.jpg

In "real" the bench had holes almost everywhere, so I must drill them with the Dremel ... One by one, it's long !
czty.jpg

w4mb.jpg

Remains to repaint ...
znjn.jpg

For the diorama, I need to create complex motifs or small: too much to be done with painting. The solution ? Making decals like models.
Here you need: special sheets (and a small bottle of product that is not in the picture)
egqo.jpg

We must prepare the motifs on the computer and then printed. It should be a dry one day.
7ihq.jpg

Then you have to cut and dive into the water for about 30 seconds and ...
jua2.jpg

Talaaaa ! Perfect !
cedh.jpg

On the sandbags (I assure you, in the final version, it is not the same result)
lqlu.jpg

And here for a shoulder of an ODST.
m2cc.jpg

4c1h.jpg

3h to create decals that go on the boxes of ammunition.
g9g.JPG

23j6.jpg

Let's go !
xvhg.jpg

The result.
mesj.jpg

46z.JPG

Small session of drying at the edge of the window after the varnish layer.
3qmy.jpg

The human shield finally paint!
2 future impacts of plasma.
vbse.jpg

A small decal inside.
tkpi.jpg

And those outside.
70el.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back