Nooooooo!!!!!!! The red ring of death!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I don't have an x-box YET I want to buy one for Christmas, is this a common problem for them? A friend of mine who lived in Alberta went through 3 systems and swears that if this one goes he's doing to pitch it off a cliff.

you should get one, and if you do get the elite or slim not the arcade or pro because they will red ring, but the good thing about my xbox was that i have had it the first year that it came out and i got halo 3 right around there also, so just don't get the pro and arcade ( i have crappy arcade ) :p

Well the Wall Mart in town here has an X-box 360 with ODST in it that I've had my eye on for awhile now. I just need to raise the funds. So I've been selling off my toy collection on ebay to raise the funds.

you want to get ODST?
just to warn you ODST wasn't my opinion a very good campaign like the story line and firefight got a little boring after a while, remember MY OPINION

I just thought I'd get that one cause it can with a halo game in the box instead of one with out a game. Unless they can get a reach edition X-box that would be sweet.

yah it does, but i got the xbox fixed!!! i had to take it to this guy who fixes xboxs and i had to take it to him 3 times, first time because of red ring, second because red ring still, and third time because it said play dvd (WTF) and then i finally got it fixed and played halo reach which is the best game ever!!! the worst part was my stepmom showed me the game and then i put it in the xbox and it says play dvd so i didn't get to play and had to take it to that guy, waitedabout 1 hour and finally got to play, it is very hard to look at the game you have been waiting for and can't play :( but it's out and i love iiiiittttt!!!!! :D

I just remembered a bad experience one of my friends had.

Her thesis is due and she's freaking out working on the laptop in the middle of the night when the
laptop dies - the elements in the HDD were striking each other rendering it unusable.

She was relieved, however, that she had a backup on her desktop PC that was only 1200 words
behind the copy on the laptop, and just to be safe she decided to burn the backup to disc.

While in that process, the 5-year-old desktop fried and the disc was trapped midburn in the writer.

I had a similar story as yours: My xbox had been acting up for about a month (Unreadable discs, fuzzy screens, "To play this disc put it in an xbox 360 console" messages, etc.) To say the least, it would have the dignity to die a week to the day before reach came out, so I sent it back to Microsoft. It was error E74, but only 1 red ring- meaning that my gpu (Graphics Card) had literally melted. The whole repair process was quite a smooth process, taking only about a week and a half. At least I had my friend's old xbox to play Reach on. So my new xbox comes in the mail, and i'm SO pumped cause it turns out the new xbox was made on Sept. 9th, the day after my bday. Good luck, right? No... from day 1 it wouldn't read any of my discs. I tried every disc in my library, and it kept freezing before I could even get to the main menu, so as of Friday it's on a 1 way trip back to Mesquite TX... I still support Microsoft 100% though, cause both of these repairs have been free, and I have my friend's spare xbox to tide me over. Well, my friends xbox and the 405th, to be exact. :)

really wow!?! and it didn't read the discs as soon as you got the xbox? but at least your friend is letting you play

Yeah as soon as it came back in the mail I unpacked it and set it up. Put halo reach in and ... Got 3 seconds into the opening cutscene and skipped a little and froze. Same thing with my other games, so it's probably in Texas right now awaiting another fix.

oh really, i had to take mt xbox 3 times and third time worked so third time is the charm hopefully for you it is too and if this time doesn't work will after be the third time?

the red ring is the worst1 all my friends have a ps3 and they are always bagging one me sayng "ps3 doesn't have red ring of death and xbox does so that means it sucks like you!" that is what a lot of my friends or not so much friends say

WOA WOA WOA, hold on a second. You said you had the RROD with only 3 lights? After overplaying my 360 last year during Christmas break, my 360 got 3 rrod lights and I THOUGHT it was broken for good. I fixed my 360 by myself without having to unscrew the casing or anything. Apparently when you get 3 lights, it means some kind of internal wiring is loose. You turn on your console first and then wrap it really tight in a thick towel, then wrap it in another towel, and finally wrap it in a sweatshirt. I left it on for a good hour and a half and this was supposedly suppose to overheat the 360 so much that the internal wires are re-soldered because of the heat. I had to repeat the process a second time because the first time I tried this I only left my 360 on for about 30 mins. I was actually so amazed that I was able to fix my 360 and even still today a year later it is working as good as it was when I bought it 2 years ago. :)

really man now that sucks, btw bad news people my xbox broke again, it says play DVD and the disc tray doesn't open, i tryied to play yesterday but it didn't work and it worked earlier that day but it didn't a few hours after :( and it froze a lot during the gameplay so my dad said that we are going to get a new xbox so that's good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back