best tuesday ive ever had!!! and thanks to the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul products

ok so i went to the halo reach release monday night at 11:00 just to see what was going on and to have a good time, i got way more than i bargained for.

so me, my mom and brother pull up and i get in my mark IV suit. upon closing the door, the hoops and hollars begin. at the time there were only a few people inside the store to finalize reciepts. we all walk in and almost immeadiatly im greeted by a gamestop employee. she asked the usual "how" questions about the suit and says she wishes she had her camera.

about 30 mins pass from that point and nothing eventful happens except that about 100 people line up outside. we decide that we're in the way and move just outside the line when that same employee comes back and asks if we would mind sending her a few pictures of the suit through her email. we agree and start talking. shockingly she says that she is the vice president of organizational management for all of gamestop!!! basically human resources (hiring, firing, and a bunch of other stuff). she said that she wants the pictures for the gamestop website. this of course made me flip out. so we keep talking and she asks why im not in line, i say because i dont own an xbox and that i had no money (all in the suit). she then asks if i would like something like a poster. of course i was all for it and asked if i could have one of the posters hanging from the ceiling. she says thats fine and disappears for a while. by now there are only a few people left in line and we decide to go back inside were its cool. at that point she re-appears with a large box. i see this and my mind starts to wonder. when she reaches us she turns the box around and hands me the reach countdown timer!!!! i freak out....

i asked if she and the rest of the employees wouldnt mind signing it for me and taking a picture ( i gave her them for the website). after pictures she then goes a step further, she asks if i would like to come down to Gamestop HQ for a tour, meet marketing for possible freebies and then tops it all off with a meeting with the CEO!!!!!!!! now you can imagine how i felt but then she really hit me. she said that i could get an interview about my armor that would be broadcasted on the tv's in every gamestop NATIONWIDE!!!!!!!!!....... i started trembling so much that my armor was making noise.

now the whole reason i put that whole story down was, not to brag or gloat, but to thank every single one of you who ever took the time to look at my progress, comment on my work or just help me along.
From the bottom of my heart, i thank you and the forums for your invaluable knowledge that made my suit possible and this trip i get to take. with my whole heart and soul, i thank you. because of you all, i get to go to a dream come true and meet amazing people.

sincerely, soul products-brandon c.

oh my god(hope i can say that) dude congradulations this is awesome .... you are so lucky....
was the box the space crate or a 360 or what once again dude welcome :O gratz
if you mention the 405th (im sure you will lol) give props to Adam im sure none of this would happen without him

Congratulations dude! :D:D:D that's freaking awesome! Could you post some pics or your armor? I really want to see what it looks like but all the pics in your build thread aren't showing up:(

its cool, im in such a good mood that you could ask the same question all night and i'd happily reply to all of them haha

oh man congratulations! that is a great treat indeed :D hope you have a blast! dont forget to take pictures (if they let you) so the rest of us can bask in your glory!!

WOW. That is AWESOME!!!! Your Monday night started out the same way as mine, but yours turned out SO much more epic. Congratulations. I really hope you get on TV. I would go to a GameStop just to see you.

Excelsior my friend!!! I don't know you personally but I always say that good things happen to good people. So you must be a helluva guy

Holy **** ** *** * ******* * **** ***** ****** *** * * ********** ****** ** ****** ***

Wait im not done: *** * * ********* *** **** *** *** ******* **** ** ******* ***** **** ****** **** ***** *** ********* ** ***************** *********************** ***************** ********* * ******* * **** ** ****** **************************** ********* ****** ** ****** **** ** ****** ***** ***** ** ****! there! done. :confused

i also came up with the idea of giving him the first of my emile helmet casts as thanks

what do you guys think, too much, just right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back