405th Care Package Program...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Das Brutus

So, much like the "Art of Red Bull" Red Bull Spartan thing, I'm an idea guy! Here's my latest:

We on the 405th know plentyy of active duty service men and women. Some are members of this forum, some are not... but I pretty much believe most if not all like to play Halo.

Is it possible to pull together as a group and send out "care packages" to the ones we know... from the 405th as a group, not just as individuals? Be it a tshirt, an action figure, printed out pep for them to make (like Thorsolli did)? I'm thinking various trinkets from the Halo and 405th universe?

Just a little something from those of us enjoying the a.c. and fast food and such here in the the World while they are sucking it up in what can sometimes be an unbearable situation and location.

I'm not talking about a LeeKegan weapon, or a Blue Realm helmet... but small tolkens that will bring a smile to their dust caked faces.

Post your ideas and let's see what we can do as a group.

Brutus

Halo-themed underwear and Master Chief-shaped soap. We always need clean underwear and some soap. And maybe sugar cookies shaped like grunts. Galley food is dumb.

My sister and her boyfriend are both in the military (combat medics in a reserve unit), and he's been to Iraq once, and they're getting ready to deploy to Iraq this fall. He says that toiletries, like deodorant, conditioners, soap, and that sort of thing are always appreciated. Apparently, the GI issued stuff isn't that great. Also, energy drink mix is always good, like powdered Gatorade, Powerade, etc.

Halo-themed underwear and Master Chief-shaped soap. We always need clean underwear and some soap.

Pshh...undewear. Live free I say. It's too hot over there for underwear anyways.

Apparently, the GI issued stuff isn't that great.

GI issued? They don't even issue it to begin with. Luckily there's a lot of that sort of thing in care packages typically. So yes, those are definitely appreciated.

I can't say for Afghanistan, but powdered gatorade and energy drinks are fairly common in Iraq, so there's no need to send them in care packages. You just need to stock up from the chow hall periodically. T-shirt probably won't be too useful since there's no occasion to wear it. I think little entertainment things like action figures to pose randomly, books to read, etc. are the best bet.

Hope that helps.

I'm in possibly dig out the medallion mould or maybe come up with something else. Too bad we can't get our hands on a crate of paper back halo books to send out in the packs. So where do we find a shipping or mailing list of said packages are created?

This might be totally unrealistic, but what if a bunch of us made hand plates with our names on the front and a personal message on the back. They're small enough that you could pack a whole bunch in a box pretty easily.

This might be totally unrealistic, but what if a bunch of us made hand plates with our names on the front and a personal message on the back. They're small enough that you could pack a whole bunch in a box pretty easily.

I actually like this idea! It's completely random and awesome!

Me and the wife have been doing some research and found a site that list soldiers and their wishes basicly and also give shipping directions. Alot of them want toiletries (sp) Baby wipes was top of the list for everyone along with personal products for the girls.
We are really going to get into this and see if we can round up some sponsors to help offset the cost. She is also going to design with the approval of Adam and Spase a letter for members to sign and put in the package.

My guys over there usually ask for Cans or bagmix of a great chili place in our area.
I send them some deer jerky too when I can.
I'd definitley be in to shippin some goodies to our boys.
I'm all for it.

So who's gonna be in charge of this schennagain? Are we going to pick someone to ship items to? Or just send money via PayPal and one person can pick up items on the list?

Halo-themed underwear and Master Chief-shaped soap. We always need clean underwear and some soap. And maybe sugar cookies shaped like grunts. Galley food is dumb.

This post brings great delight to me! I would totally scrub myself clean with Master Chief soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back