Spartan III Halloween Project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikuro

Well The last 2 months I've been working on and off, but with it fastly approaching Halloween I've been busting my but the last 3 days and thinking "If I keep this up, I should just BARELY make it."

In August I completed my MKV(B) helmet
0904001557.jpg

It's a great fit, and I can't wait to fiberglass that sucker and get crackin on the rest of the steps. Just gotta do more research.

After some coaxing from friends who said I couldn't do it, I began working on my other pieces...so far I have the right forearm completed
RightForearm.jpg

It's a little loose of a fit, but I think once I've got a good size underarmor, and a little padding on the forearm inside, it'll fit just fine.
I did have a little trouble though, this is my second attempt at the forearm, the first one was far to large. But the area where the armor indents a lot was VERY difficult to pep and glue....dunno why.

Lastely for tonight, I started working on the chest piece (trying to keep things fresh, don't wanna do the next forearm just yet!)
ChestPieceCollarArea.jpg
In roughly 2 hours time I think I made AWESOME progress on Iganderson's Spartan III torso as it seems to be the best pep file out there for the style.

I do have some delima's though. Mostly doing with my size, I'm a very stocky guy, okay, I'm obese, over 270 pounds sadly, so I'm a little worried over the thigh and cod pieces, any suggestions on how I want too approach that? Not like I'm gonna drop 50 pounds in 4 and a half weeks. .....hm.....10 pounds a week healthy to do?

Anywho, comments would be great, suggestions, critics, whatever you guys wanna say that could help my moral on getting this thing done!

Looking great, good work on the detail.
I'm also trying to make a mk6 armor for helloween.
Almost have the torso done and I'm already working on the helmet.

keep up the good work!

di see den-os belt, no matter what you are awesome, and im liking the buil so far!

haha yep Den-O, modified too. Very simple, just buy about 2 feet worth of web strap or whatever they're called name allueds me at this time, then unscrew the ends of the belt, put the webbing inside, screw, and completed.

Anywho thanks guys, trying my best. Got some good remarks from a few friends on how quick it's coming along.

as you can see, the d somehow jumped from the end of build to the beginning of i, i just wanna point that out XD and i really like the clean peps, youre doing a pretty good job so far man. dont be afraid to check out MY build :p *cough-signature link-cough*

Well your ironman build is coming a long a lot better than mine did...I gave up the ghost on it for this project.

I wasn't having much luck with the torso today I just couldn't get into the feel of it. So I printed out the first attempt at the lower leg. I'm about 60% done with that and it's also a little loose but expected I think? Still, it looks good.

Nice :)
More than I managed to get done.

I've noticed that you seem to be cutting on a glass plate. I've tried that as well and I'd recommend getting a cutting mat instead. They feel better and are nice to your blades - Glass really eats them up fast and rumor has it that it can even make them shatter.

Yeaaaaaaahhhhhhh it does tend to wear out the blade faster with that plate. however it's really all i got and it's ancient. Can't afford a nice board right now. Actually would rather have one of those nice cutting printers!

Yeaaaaaaahhhhhhh it does tend to wear out the blade faster with that plate. however it's really all i got and it's ancient. Can't afford a nice board right now. Actually would rather have one of those nice cutting printers!

Are we talking about the same thing here? What I have is a rubber mat, A3 format. for unter 10 €. Nothing fancy :)

I wonder... there are copyshops all around the city, maybe one of them has one of those cutters... I'll have to check that out. Thanks for bringing that up :-D

To make it nice and cheap, I use condensed cardboard found in the cover of all the old binders I have laying around.

ya rubber boards, plastic cutting boards those kind of things are expensive in my neck of the woods. Not too mention overly large in most cases.

But yeah I really want one of those printers but ppl keep saying it's a pain at first, they're very expensive and they gotta get adjusted or something like that. Still, it'd save me a lot of time and money I think.

I completed my Shin this morning...so I got ANOTHER shin to go, then 2 shoulders, another forearm, 2 thighs, and a chest and cod. Still so much left to do and so little time left to do it. I need more motivational music dammit! SOMEONE GIMME MORE 80'S MUSIC OR SOUNDTRACKS! Ugh, I'd keep going if the damn Reach soundtrack was out.

Well...I'm boned my PC monitor failed on me so I only got my laptop. Problem is everything I had arranged to fit pieces on the stock is on the desktop and i can't connect on there. Irks me off so i can't match parts together as quickly as I'd wanna so It'll slow me down. not too mention my printer is to old for Windows 7 so I got no way of printing my parts list. -_- sigh.

I like the look of your build so far - it's got a lot of potential to make a great set of armor, if you're careful. I'll be perfectly honest, though. If you weight 270 pounds, which is more because of fat than muscle, and if you're under seven feet tall, it's going to show, in a big way. Ergo, you probably won't make a very convincing-looking spartan, amigo. My advice is to go as something non halo-related this Halloween. Work out like crazy and get that V-shaped physique you always wanted, and next Halloween, nobody'll be able to swear you're not the Noble Six from the live action trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back