Nerds with Girls???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I surrounded myself with all the nerds in high school.
Even now I wouldn't even think about dating a guy if he wasn't nerdy. :)

I need that shirt that says I <3 Nerds..

Next best thing?
http://www.shopfuego.com/product-p/65092.htm
65092-2.jpg

I actually wanted to get this for my sister for her birthday.

well I am a 17 year old junior in high school, my friends know I am a nerd, marching band, concert band, jazz band, drum-line, but I have more girl-friends than guys, and I am NOT "happy", don't wanna offend anyone, sry. And they aren't all band geeks or guard girls, in fact most of them are sports fanatics and cheerleaders, they like me because I a psychological punching bag and will let them vent on me and I will listen. I am just a nice guy and they appreciate that, I am actually really close to having my first gf from a girl on the northern area of the city, who I have been amazing friends with and practically dating since kindergarten. So it's possible, just be really nice to them and mean it.

Band and guard girls are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to uptight to even be worth it. And band geeks aren't really geeks. All they care about is band, and nothing else. In order to be a nerd and such, you must dabble in everything.

Oh did I tell you how pissed I am that I havent found an acceptable and/or single nerdy girl yet?

well I am a 17 year old junior in high school, my friends know I am a nerd, marching band, concert band, jazz band, drum-line, but I have more girl-friends than guys, and I am NOT "happy", don't wanna offend anyone, sry. And they aren't all band geeks or guard girls, in fact most of them are sports fanatics and cheerleaders, they like me because I a psychological punching bag and will let them vent on me and I will listen. I am just a nice guy and they appreciate that, I am actually really close to having my first gf from a girl on the northern area of the city, who I have been amazing friends with and practically dating since kindergarten. So it's possible, just be really nice to them and mean it.
Sounds like me, really. I'm pretty interested in a girl from my elementary school (my 7th elem, at least), who lives on the north side of town. And, yeah, most of my friends are girls, most of which use me to vent, almost all of which play an instrument, and all of which would never let the thought of dating me cross their mind.

Oh did I tell you how pissed I am that I havent found an acceptable and/or single nerdy girl yet?

Maybe you simply want too much. Wouldn't a non-nerdy but nerd-friendly girl do as well? You know, like one who would describe the difference between a Mark VI and a Mark V as "one is more colourful than the other" and have no idea how you can possibly wait in line from 3pm to midnight launch, but still have fun playing the game with you the next day?

3 things I've learned as both an uber nerd and an old married fart (26 feels old when you're surrounded by 18 y/o all day. Or younger here ;) )

1, and I mean #1. You can't just be a nerd, you have to be an uber nerd. And by that, I mean you have to go full bore with everything you do and just become a sponge. By this I don't mean know who designed the shoelaces for the 3rd ensign in Star Trek #4, I mean learn everything you can about everything. That way, you will always, ALWAYS, be able to carry on a conversation with any girl you are talking to. If she's into musicals, you've heard of them, know the good ones, etc. If she likes sports then you know your local teams and some good names to toss out. If she is talking about her hair then you know the steps to getting it cut\dyed\styled whatever. Cool thing is 90% of all of what you'll learn is relateable to our nerdy habits anyways.

2, and this is the one I wish I had been told. The quiet guy who wants to be their friend approach and she'll finally realize how awesome you are, doesn't work. From personal experience here but you just gotta put your fear aside and ask them where you stand. If you want to date someone, then ask them (odds are too that they may be just as nervous about asking you as you are them). I lost my chance at way too many dates because I thought I'd go all Disney channel on them and let them come to me. . . doesn't work. Suck it up, ask them where you stand, and if they say no then move on and the tension will be gone.

3, closely related to #2. Confidence! I've never once hid what I was into from anyone I've dated or the wife. So long as you walk tall, keep that chin up and don't be embarrassed by what you're into, then dudes\dudetts that's half the battle.

Now, all that being said, I also realize that I got a way better mate than I deserve ;). Tall, blond, smart and freaking hot. So come on, if I can get someone like I got with those skills, ya'll should have no problems at all.

And to go back to page one, yes, chicks dig the armor ;)

3 things I've learned as both an uber nerd and an old married fart (26 feels old when you're surrounded by 18 y/o all day. Or younger here ;) )

1, and I mean #1. You can't just be a nerd, you have to be an uber nerd. And by that, I mean you have to go full bore with everything you do and just become a sponge. By this I don't mean know who designed the shoelaces for the 3rd ensign in Star Trek #4, I mean learn everything you can about everything. That way, you will always, ALWAYS, be able to carry on a conversation with any girl you are talking to. If she's into musicals, you've heard of them, know the good ones, etc. If she likes sports then you know your local teams and some good names to toss out. If she is talking about her hair then you know the steps to getting it cut\dyed\styled whatever. Cool thing is 90% of all of what you'll learn is relateable to our nerdy habits anyways.

2, and this is the one I wish I had been told. The quiet guy who wants to be their friend approach and she'll finally realize how awesome you are, doesn't work. From personal experience here but you just gotta put your fear aside and ask them where you stand. If you want to date someone, then ask them (odds are too that they may be just as nervous about asking you as you are them). I lost my chance at way too many dates because I thought I'd go all Disney channel on them and let them come to me. . . doesn't work. Suck it up, ask them where you stand, and if they say no then move on and the tension will be gone.

3, closely related to #2. Confidence! I've never once hid what I was into from anyone I've dated or the wife. So long as you walk tall, keep that chin up and don't be embarrassed by what you're into, then dudes\dudetts that's half the battle.

Now, all that being said, I also realize that I got a way better mate than I deserve ;). Tall, blond, smart and freaking hot. So come on, if I can get someone like I got with those skills, ya'll should have no problems at all.

And to go back to page one, yes, chicks dig the armor ;)

I was going to add something, but I think you said it all. NICE. And congrats on landing the hottie.:)

well, im a very nerdy dude, iron man is what I'M savvy with :p but i do have a boyfriend :3 a pretty good looking one if you ask me :D not sure if "Gay-Nerd" is okay to post here XD

I'd say I'm a nerd/geek. But I do things others wouldn't. I DJ for a living, I make armor for fun, I repair computers for fun, and I play Xbox for fun, I enjoy playing Warhammer 40k, and I just plain outright love Iron Man.

But my girlfriend is a band geek, but shes normal no doubt.

IroniumCostuming said:
well, im a very nerdy dude, iron man is what I'M savvy with :p but i do have a boyfriend :3 a pretty good looking one if you ask me not sure if "Gay-Nerd" is okay to post here XD

Its ok to post anywhere, we don't care what you are, we are all the same on the 405th. No need to feel like an outcast.

Maybe you simply want too much. Wouldn't a non-nerdy but nerd-friendly girl do as well? You know, like one who would describe the difference between a Mark VI and a Mark V as "one is more colourful than the other" and have no idea how you can possibly wait in line from 3pm to midnight launch, but still have fun playing the game with you the next day?

All or nothing. Plus i've never heard of a girl like you have just described.

Yeah ive been trying to ask a girl out for a week i dont have teh guts to, SO i guess i have girl problems eve thoug iv never had a GF

Yeah ive been trying to ask a girl out for a week i dont have teh guts to, SO i guess i have girl problems eve thoug iv never had a GF

I think the hardest part is the first step. I found out that when she agrees to go on a date with you, there is a good chance that one thing leads to another. This was my experience. But the date thing isn't that easy though. In my option it's really important to get all that shyness swallowed, which was really hard for me.(Got my first GF with 19, which is relatively late too.) But I think if you're brave enough to do the first step and ask a girl, there's nothing you can't manage ;)

I honestly had the hardest time trying to meet woman, clubs just ended with drunk and fallen woman and well... you really dont take those type back to see mah lol. I eventually found my wife on a forum...believe it or not it was a costuming forum lol. She is from the states, myself from Cananda and now we both are living togeather and both nerds. She is also into halo big time, and most likely will end up making a suit. Right now shes wishing for a Kat outfit :p
My best words of wisdom.. try to find a girl in things you enjoy, common interest is something thatll serve the relationship for years to come..if thats what your looking for. I know it may be hard to ask thee question, "hey you wanna go out sometime" but if you dont take the risk..there is no reward. In the end you have to ask yourself... what would Maste Chief do hahhaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back