Complete Pepakura Viewer for CraftROBO guide/FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I tried 1mm and 4mm, that's pretty close to what you are suggesting (1.27 and 3.175) I will try those settings and just deal with whatever falls apart. Now my 15 yr old printer keeps getting spooler errors on Vista. Wow, this is a battle!

Well after a lot of trial and error I was able to finally put together this video to complement this thread.

Big thanks to Charlieiscool12 for allowing me to post this here.

Last edited by a moderator:
@DaFlea Fantastic. Could not have come at a better time for me.
@CharlieIsCool - He certainly is.

Thank You to everyone who has contributed here! Great community!

Hey savage, Seriously try out the foil sharpening method. After cutting out about 250 pages my blade is still going strong. Take a sheet of foil and fold it over several times into a pad. Take your blade housing out of the machine with the pink cap attached. Put your foil on a hard surface and hold it as you slowly drag the blade through it. You will notice the blade start cutting through with ease as you drag it through more and more. I usually do about 20 passes. TAdaaaaa sharpened blade.

dam, shame i already finished pepping most of my stuff. its almost as though someone should start selling pre-cut files that people send in for them to cut out, to recover the costs of the machine and software
ps. optimusWang. best shout out ever

Have a look at This.
I may just buy a couple to have.

Nice find...

The SGS replacement blade holder on that site looks like a must have because unlike the Cricket you cant tell the Silhouette SD to double cut unless you tell it to cut the project again.

I did not notice that. That SGS holder with adjustable depth looks like just the thing for 110 lb stock. Thanks for looking around on there. I don't know enough to know what to look for. I see the SGS blades are only 8 bucks.

For y'all out there:

This is the blade holder and these are the blades.

I have not tried any of this, but when it comes time for a new blade, I think I'll check it out.

By the way, as I said above, I got an error (the cutter just stopped running) when I used the recommended settings for the scoring. I used those settings because the default settings cut pieces off of the handplate. The recommended settings are - .5mm for cut and .5 mm for uncut.
I sent an email to the Tamasoft support and here is what they said:
We received the following inquiry from you via Web form:
====
When I set the scoring to 0.5mm for [Cut Line Segment] and [Uncut Line
Segment] the application stops before finishing all of the pieces on the
page. This is a great product. It is saving me lots of time on my project!
====

Thank you for using our product.
This question might be asked to the developer of Craft ROBO.
We are not sure but it is reported that Craft ROBO automatically stops
when it worked too much and had heat.
The problem might be solved by
- not setting too small size to [Cut Line Segment]
- setting cut-speed slow

Regards,

-------------------------------------
Tama Software Ltd.
User support office confirms
user_support@tamasoft.co.jp
http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/index-e/
-------------------------------------

When ever I click on cut developments and then "OK" I get a message saying "Cannot find information about craft Robo controller" but I already installed the controller, am I missing a step somewhere?

hi. i have acsses to a lazor cutter do you think it posible to configure the lazor cuttor to do this? ive cut paper templates befor. never scored though. from my experience it would take about 30 seconds per sheet. and the sheets can be pretty big.

im sure it can be done but I couldnt tell you how. unless you just replaced the blade on a silhouette sd with a laser. that would be the easiest way i would think to do it. :D

im sure it can be done but I couldnt tell you how. unless you just replaced the blade on a silhouette sd with a laser. that would be the easiest way i would think to do it. :D

still wouldnt work, because the craft robo lifts the blade when it moves around the paper. there wouldnt be a way to control when the laser cuts or not

he could just put his finger under it when it lifts up. :D
or maybe when it lifts up it hits a switch which kills the juice to the laser. i dunno. im not being entirely serious anyhow. :)

When ever I click on cut developments and then "OK" I get a message saying "Cannot find information about craft Robo controller" but I already installed the controller, am I missing a step somewhere?

When you switch from printing to cutting do you have the Graphtec CC330L driver installed. What the the Silhouette SD refers to as the Controller is the Print Driver. Also I didn't install the CD software I downloaded the latest versions of the software from the website.

I have the silouette Sd and once i got the settings right (as per the recommended settings at the beginning of the thread) is a timesaver. I have knocked out arm pieces in a day. Saves the fingers from the xacto knife. All you need to do is fold and paste. And when not using the cutter for pepakura armor building, my daughter uses it to cut designs and stuff for scrap booking. many uses for this machine. (great sounds like an advertisment) LOL. I salute the 405th and the many contributers that continue on making this site the best.

Rafter01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back