Complete Pepakura Viewer for CraftROBO guide/FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello CraftROBO users! I'm at the point now where I need to clean the carrier sheet and reapply some sort of sticky stuff. Has anyone done this and what have you used?

I use simplegreen to clean off the carrier sheet when it starts getting really dirty and then give a very light coating of Krylon easy-tack.

Hey guys! I'm (relatively) new to the CraftROBO (I own the Silhouette SD cutter). I've used it to cut out two helmets and a knife for pep. I've noticed a little problem.... I use most of Mel's tips but lot of times, my cutter scores the mountain folds lines so deep that the flaps, especially the small and really small ones, come off of the piece. I use the blue cap for all of my cutting. Can anyone suggest solutions?

Hey guys! I'm (relatively) new to the CraftROBO (I own the Silhouette SD cutter). I've used it to cut out two helmets and a knife for pep. I've noticed a little problem.... I use most of Mel's tips but lot of times, my cutter scores the mountain folds lines so deep that the flaps, especially the small and really small ones, come off of the piece. I use the blue cap for all of my cutting. Can anyone suggest solutions?
Are you cutting the outline and scoring twice? I had this problem when I was doing that, but then I switched to only scoring on the first pass and the problem went away.

Are you cutting the outline and scoring twice? I had this problem when I was doing that, but then I switched to only scoring on the first pass and the problem went away.

No, I score then cut, one time each

EDIT: Maybe the problem is what I have my media setting on.... There are a bunch of different options like Paper with Craft Backing, Paper without Craft Backing, Stock, Vinyl, etc. What should this option be set to?

I created a custom Cardstock media type:
7.jpg

Also, I'm using the pink tip. Not sure how much difference it makes though.

I created a custom Cardstock media type:
Also, I'm using the pink tip. Not sure how much difference it makes though.

Ok, so I can "create" the same media type by using your shown speed and thickness?
If my understanding is correct, the blue cap is something like .1 mm and pink is something like .3 mm. I can cut completely through with the blue tip when I set the thickness way up. I guess I'll have to experiment till I get it right... Thanks for your help though!

I just got my silhouette and set it up. Holy H.E.(double hockey sticks) it's fast. Definately can see how this speeds up the pep prossess.

Hey can anyone here give me a hand with my sihouette set up? ive been messing around with it for a coule days now, I have the software downloaded onto my computer for the computer as well as the pepakura designer and pepakura for craft robo. My question to all of you is when I try to use pepakura for pepakura and to cut the image out, I get the message that the software "Cannot find information about Craft Robo Controller." Anyone have any idea what i might have done wrong with the set up or installation process? I'm stumped so please give me some ideas to fix my error.

Hey can anyone here give me a hand with my sihouette set up? ive been messing around with it for a coule days now, I have the software downloaded onto my computer for the computer as well as the pepakura designer and pepakura for craft robo. My question to all of you is when I try to use pepakura for pepakura and to cut the image out, I get the message that the software "Cannot find information about Craft Robo Controller." Anyone have any idea what i might have done wrong with the set up or installation process? I'm stumped so please give me some ideas to fix my error.

Dude, even though you are using a sihouette sd, you have to download the CRAFT ROBO controller. silhouettes do not have a controller and therefore do not come with this software on any of the install/setup disk strait out of the box.
Try this link:
http://www.craftrobostore.com/craftrobodownloads.html
they have all kids of downloads for any of your craftrobo/ SD projects. you want "Craft robo controller 5.01". Be sure to corectly follow the prompts in the setup and rember that "silhouette sd" is the american name for a craft robo CC330L. so set everything up under as if it wasnt american.

Dude, even though you are using a sihouette sd, you have to download the CRAFT ROBO controller. silhouettes do not have a controller and therefore do not come with this software on any of the install/setup disk strait out of the box.

Mine came with a controller on the software CD, and so has everyone else I've talked to. You actually have to browse the contents of the CD and install it manually.

Any tips for rearranging? So I'm starting on an Iron Man with robo's files (http://www.therpf.com/f24/robo3687s-iron-man-pep-files-sd-war-machine-links-page-73-a-88147/) and looks like they are default to A4, but I plan on printing on letter. So I take a look at the codpiece file, and I try to follow DaFlea's video tutorial but basically I get stuck because some of the pieces are too huge to fit within the reg marks or even paper size. Any help with this appreciated. Thanks.

Recently decided to make the purchase for the CC-330L but I've been consistently running into a problem. At the top of the carrier sheet (near the two registration marks) the craft robo will cut very accurately, however the further down the page it cuts the more skewed the pieces become. At the end of the page some of the pieces have their bottom lines cut about .25cm away from where they should be cut (where as the top of the shape may be cut right along the line). Has anyone else run into this problem? The carrier sheet and machine are new so I don't think its an issue with the sheet not holding onto the paper well. It's pretty disheartening to spend the money on one of these machines only to find it cuts sub par to what I would expect.

*edit* This ended up just being me not following the instructions carefully. Some of the design was in the corners causing the skewing!

Help!!

so i bought a silhouette SD and it came in today, excited as i was i had everything printed out and set up before it arrived i read through this whole thread and set it up exactly as was instructed. i have pep viewer3 for robocraft and designer 3 with passwords. now when i went to print it comes up saying "cannot find information about craft robo controller". i saw that people were saying the controller is on the disk thats supplied with it. where exactly is it? If possible can anyone help me, i have a full suit i want printed out and this is the only thing holding me back.

so i bought a silhouette SD and it came in today, excited as i was i had everything printed out and set up before it arrived i read through this whole thread and set it up exactly as was instructed. i have pep viewer3 for robocraft and designer 3 with passwords. now when i went to print it comes up saying "cannot find information about craft robo controller". i saw that people were saying the controller is on the disk thats supplied with it. where exactly is it? If possible can anyone help me, i have a full suit i want printed out and this is the only thing holding me back.

I had the exact same problem as you do, took me forever to figure it out, because I'm pretty sure the controller isn't on the install disc. It was a while ago, but I'm almost positive you can download the craftrobo controller from the Silhouette site.

http://www.graphteccorp.com/craftrobo/support/

Should be on that page, I think the Silhouette is the CC330L Model. Hope I helped! If that doesn't work try one of the other controllers and if that doesn't work try googling for another site that has the download on it.

Edit: 555 posts, lol?

ive tried to get the controller from there but it requires a log in and password, to create an account you have to put in the serial # which doesnt work.... its right there but i cant reach it lol any other way?

EDIT!!! i found a website that has the controller for free and is available (website hasnt changed)... thats all i needed thanks everyone.
http://downloads.graphtecgb.com/support/

ive tried to get the controller from there but it requires a log in and password, to create an account you have to put in the serial # which doesnt work.... its right there but i cant reach it lol any other way?

EDIT!!! i found a website that has the controller for free and is available (website hasnt changed)... thats all i needed thanks everyone.

You just saved my life! Almost $300 total spent on this thing and it was about to go out the window! I need to go meditate or something. Now onto the next hair pulling step of making sure everything cuts right. I know it will be worth it when I get it all down, but it is a frustrating path. Thanks for all the help people!

If this driver fixes my problem i will be very happy...
Have tried using version 4.00 but i get the cannot find information about craft robo controller' then when i tried the link for the 5.01 software it had been REMOVED!!!!!....

Nice support they have for their product, getting rid of the latest version that is confirmed working and expecting other websites to host it for them??? Really??? Really sillhouetteamerica?? You slimy, lowly individuals.

Ok guys, got it working, it's fast but i wouldn't suggest getting one unless health problems prevented you from cutting it yourself, the scoring mechanism seems a little flawed to me, and it doesn't cut 100% all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back