Iron Man Repulsor Beam Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

S73L105

I think there might be a way to imitate the repuslor ray blasts shot from the palms or chest RT of the Iron Man suits with:

1) An increasing light "beam"2)A "beam" which flashes3)CO2 canisters with a quick release valve, or hammer release trigger, so that the gas could be "shot" out.

Perhaps a combination of a flash and the CO2 shot we could recreate the blast from the chest and/or palm mounted repulsors (granted without the aftermath or repulsor technology..).

Ideas, thoughts, and/or information is welcomed ;)

You could use a stack of lenses to focus the light into more of a straight tube (instead of a cone shape), but that would make the unit more bulky. The problem with Co2, is that it disperses fast. You might try something that sticks around for a bit(aerosol powder maybe). I think I understand the effect you are trying to get. (Using the particle stream (air, powder, smoke, whatever) as a way to emphasize the light beam.) Aerosol deodorant comes to mind for the powder, since it comes in a travel size and could be fitted with a small hose to run from the forearm to the palm.

Anyhow, that's my opinion. I have no clue if it will work lol :$

Some of the guys on the RPF forums might be able to give a solution (that doesn't require a Hollywood budget).
dcec1b34-a5e1-4be7-b538-9ce96b556195

The aerosol idea seems pretty good. the reason i said CO2 was because it doesnt linger in the air too long though you are right it does disperse very fast.. i guess i'll have to ask those guys too and see what i find out. Thanks for the ideas!!

you also have to keep in mind where you are hiding the canister of whatever you are going to use. There's not much extra room in the suit if you make it to fit properly. Its almost skin tight and there arn't many shapes that add bulk. The forearm has a slight raise on it, but it will run out of room fast if youre talking about adding hoses and canisters and whatever else. I think as far as a costume goes, if you have a light on your palm it looks the part. Theres no need to make something shoot out or try to get the light to project across the room. If you wanted that, you can set yourself up with a visible laser and call it a day.

Iron_Man___Mark_4_Dark_Suit_by_marceloryuuku.png

I was thinking of adding the shoulder cauldrons and placing the canisters inside. and i understand what you mean, i was just thinking what additions might be cool. like a visible laser haha.

Actually that sounds pretty sweet. But my major concern is still if such device would work or give off the right effects to begin with, even with enough room to store.

when it comes to the light beam if your able to make a room that can be filled with a haze of smoke then bam shine a light and its a beam! otherwise you'd need be able to make something close to a lazer beam like they have attached to assault rifles, IR beams i think they're called.

when it comes to the light beam if your able to make a room that can be filled with a haze of smoke...

I doubt Comicons will allow me to cover a whole hall with fog lol but thats a perfect solution to it though and i was hoping to recreate it in blast of CO2 and xenon camera flash perhaps? maybe? no?

the problem with co2 is how cold it is. plus, it doesnt "shoot" very far before raising upward and dissapating.

I would use maybe just compressed air? with some sort of coloring inside the tanks

the problem with co2 is how cold it is. plus, it doesnt "shoot" very far before raising upward and dissapating.

I would use maybe just compressed air? with some sort of coloring inside the tanks

that sounds about right. and as far as making a hulkbuster, i wouldnt know where to start on the 3d stuff. thats for another page haha. Now about the personal misting system... what??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back