The Most Noobiest Question Ever lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkHunter94

:$ Hi everybody, I'm new here. I've been a huge fan of Halo since I was like 7 or 8 lol, and since then I've always wanted to create a Master Chief helmet. Then I found this site. Since I'm only 15 (16 next Wednesday lol), I probably won't be able to afford to make the helmet, so just out of curiosity, how much time and money would it take to make a wearable MC helmet? I was hoping there might be a way to also incorporate LED lights and an actual working walkie-talkie system into the helmet so it could function like in the games, minus the HUD. Any answers or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey Im also a semi noob and i would say to make a good helmet is would cost you like around 30 bucks. thats saying you dont screw up real bad lol

Ohh about $5 on card stock $20 in resin $9 on fiberglass and 10 on paint. Not to mention the visor leds and Walkie-Talkies. That if your going to do it right. So your at $50-$60. its almost cheaper to do a full suit for about $100.

Seeing how you only 16, fiberglassing might not be available for you to do. You could try the Hot Glue Method to harden it and save some cash. buy like 30 glue sticks for like $10-$15 at most. So that would bring you to about $30 or $40. Good luck

fiberglass not being available at 16 wat as long as you mention to your parents the risks and how you can combat them most parents will either say no or help you out, my parents dont even care they like me being creative, but even if you dont have enough money to finish buy some cardstock and just work on pep models than when you have time or money fiberglass and bondo

and if u do go the glue route... dollar store 20 mini sticks for a buck... i used 1 pack to fully fill my knife(just finished it) helm would be like 6ish packs for a good strength and its easyer to fix. i like fiberglassing tho... stronger. all in all a ream of carstock 12bucks. gluesticks to put together 2bucks. fiberglass(if ur only doing a helm) it would be like 10 bucks(buying a small tub from like walmart) led's are 50 cent each. or u can go to home depot and buy a 3 dollar 9led flashlight(just desodier it...) and u have a battery pack + the leds...

Thanks for all the advice. So how long would it take to make the helmet, including the LEDs and walkie-talkies? Also, let me see if I got this right: make the frame and reinforce it heavily with hot glue or fiberglass... Then what do I so with the bondo? My dad thinks it involves sculpting and will cost $1000 just for the helmet lol, which some people have already disproved. I know I sound like a little kid asking a lot of questions, but I'm just trying to get estimates for what this would take.Thanks!

depends on how much effort you want to put in it. This helmet I had about maybe 3 hours into it total.
Picture045.jpg

This helmet I had about 25 hours into it and it has the leds and fans installed. And im still not done with it. ( I work slow as im very picky)

100_0781.jpg

it really depends on your skill set, i personally can finish a helmate in a Day if im in the mood, or have the time to do it. but i can tell you this, it requires a lot of patience when making this stuff :p but for you i would say it would take a week minimum or around there for you to make a good helmate.

now on to the process of making it, you download the program called Pepikura, link here: http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/
dowload *Designer not Veiwer, you will not be able to scale your helmate to fit you if you get viewer **(note it will mention that you need a pass

word for it, this is not true, you can use it without a passcode, however if you make adjustments to the file you will be unable to save your
progress)

after you get the program you than can go to this website to get the Helmate file: http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index

before doing you just dive right in you need to size the helmate to your size, for this i recomend you go to this thread, it is very helpful and easy to understand :) : http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...rmour-Tutorial-V.2?highlight=SCaling+Tutorial

the only thing about scaling the armour, is that the peices are no longer fit on a normal page so you must move the peices around so they will fit on the pages :p

you than print the peices out on Heavy weight Cardstock (a thick, Speical type of paper)

you cut out the 2d peices, fold, glue and follow the template for peiceing them together.

you will then resin the Fully pepekured helmate once on the inside and outside.

you will than go and fiberglass the inside of the helmate *NO OUTSIDE*

after this is done you can apply the bondo body filler to the outside of the helmate to buff and add details

after this is done you will use a painting technique, depends on what kind of style you want your helmate to be

and after it is all painted and made to your standards than you add all the Misc. on it like lights and Walki Talki's

this is just a vegue over view as to the process of what to do, and all the spacifics, you should spend some time doing research on this forum before you just dive right in, you wouldnt want to regret not knowing something that could save you project, or some issue that could have been avoided if the proper steps were followed, so you didnt waist all that time for nothing :p

as for price wise it costs around *estimate :p* 150- 200 for a whole suit, so it should be about 50 -75 dollars max for a helmate build :)

i wish you luck on your build :D

//Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back