Foam Armoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to post that this tutorial has really changed my outlook on foam armor. I will definitely be using this method in the future. Thanks everyone for the info.

For more foam info check the start of my Ironmen thread as I have tutorials by myself and others if you haven't already seen it, they are on the first post.

I have a very musclar calve and I am currently build my foam shins and I am haveing trouble dialing in the right depth and width of the file
yes I do know how to size I am just haveing trouble with sizeing for foam any helps and tips would be most welcome.
Boy I really could use the help on this.

I have a very musclar calve and I am currently build my foam shins and I am haveing trouble dialing in the right depth and width of the file
yes I do know how to size I am just haveing trouble with sizeing for foam any helps and tips would be most welcome.
Boy I really could use the help on this.

You may need to make some of the templates that little bit bigger to add in some extra depth that is normally the way to go about it. I have had to alter some of the templates for my ironman suit to get around this very same problem.

Ok so i have a question? I,ve been hearing about heat guns to bend armor? Dose it matter what kind of heat gun you use?

Ok so i have a question? I,ve been hearing about heat guns to bend armor? Dose it matter what kind of heat gun you use?

I am no expert on them but I just went for cheap one on eBay and it seems to do the job. The max temperature it gets to is 650 degrees so anything around 500-600 should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back