ODST Helm - First Cast Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
This is all you guys get, before it gets sanded and visored. Note, it edges are a little rough, because this is RIGHT out of the mold. It still needs to be sanded to a nice smooth finish.

Great helmet Adam!

Can't wait to see it completed.
Does the resin that you're using sand nicely? I'm thinking of trying it out.

Excellent work, keep us updated!

I grab an electric sander, and it cleans up perfectly. I'm not going to post anymore pictures until it's done though.

I did a tutorial on how to make the thing more or less, from start to finish. that will go up maybe next week.

Adam said:
I grab an electric sander, and it cleans up perfectly. I'm not going to post anymore pictures until it's done though.

I did a tutorial on how to make the thing more or less, from start to finish. that will go up maybe next week.

SWEET!

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for that tutorial ;)

Let me know when you start selling these ;) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
@Adam

That great, I always wonder how-to-do- a shell cast....

Are you planning to do a double visor?

Wow! Looks great Adam...

Think you might want me to post somthing along w/your tut?

;)

*wink*

:D

-Blue

I still gotta change some things before I get more pictures, but here's another teaser.

gallery_2_1_4245.jpg

Adam said:
I still gotta change some things before I get more pictures, but here's another teaser.

gallery_2_1_4245.jpg

Ok, when you start making these on a bigger scale, let me know ;)

Very cool Adam!

Thanks for the teasers!

I have determined that the first attempt at painting this way royally jacked! The paint is making the helmet look very out of shape. Perhaps this will soon make it's way to the junk yard.

gallery_2_1_36900.jpg

Adam said:
I have determined that the first attempt at painting this way royally jacked! The paint is making the helmet look very out of shape. Perhaps this will soon make it's way to the junk yard.

gallery_2_1_36900.jpg

Woah woah woah there Adam, no need for that, all you need to do is go a little less crazy on the weathered worn paint look. Make it look a little more black on parts of the edges. Looking ridiculously awesome by the way. I cant wait for the rest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back