Not your everyday ODST!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODST

Guys I have built an engineer/mechanic/electrician odst. I will have the pics up in like 10 minutes, I am on the toilet now so I can't. I just thought I'd save myself some time and created. I don't know if anyone has seen my odst wip thread because in that i said i really messed up the helm. Well i rehabed it tonight and I think i did an ok job. Anyway tell me what you guys think once i get these pics up.
odst022.jpg

odst024.jpg

odst023.jpg

odst025.jpg

I know its not the best work in the world but whatever i like it.

hhaaaahhaa lol that just made my day quote" cant now im on the toilet" cant wait for the pics :)

Guys I have built an engineer/mechanic/electrician odst. I will have the pics up in like 10 minutes, I am on the toilet now so I can't. I just thought I'd save myself some time and created. I don't know if anyone has seen my odst wip thread because in that i said i really messed up the helm. Well i rehabed it tonight and I think i did an ok job. Anyway tell me what you guys think once i get these pics up.

I saw your WIP it looked great except for the warping. My Marine helemt experienced similar results how did you fix those. Im thinking they wont show up after i bondo the outside and inside. Cant wait to see those Pics!!!!;)

hahaha i had to include some reason for being on the toilet, hahahaha. there is a little warping but its not that noticeable.

Looks great! f you like the helmet than its a good helmet. You should be proud. My marine helemt is a little sad thing:( Badly warped in the middle and missing spots in the pockets (i cant find a way to get the resin in those pockets facing inward) so i might have to redo. I laid out fiberglass strips with double sided tape and then poured in the resin and swished it around

Problem is the resin was to thick and didnt spread so them iddle ended up hard as a rock and i couldnt reach the edges so they are still flimsy and flexible.
Any tips on how you do your fiberglassing?

Looks great! f you like the helmet than its a good helmet. You should be proud. My marine helemt is a little sad thing:( Badly warped in the middle and missing spots in the pockets (i cant find a way to get the resin in those pockets facing inward) so i might have to redo. I laid out fiberglass strips with double sided tape and then poured in the resin and swished it around

Problem is the resin was to thick and didnt spread so them iddle ended up hard as a rock and i couldnt reach the edges so they are still flimsy and flexible.
Any tips on how you do your fiberglassing?

Well i usually cut up strips of fiber glass after i glaze the outside. Then i take spray adhesive spray the strips down and lay them everywhere in the helmet. Then i mix up a fairly large batch of resin and pour it all in the middle then just take a paint brush and work it around until i get everywhere. I usually let it all run down to the top of the helmet so the top is strong. I f you get what im saying. Basically i dry it upside down

thats exactly what i did except i used double sided tape. and didnt have a brush so i tilted the helemt around. If you look at the H-1 pep file the overhang on the top curves back into the helmet for the triangular look. I couldnt get resin in there any suggestions?

thats exactly what i did except i used double sided tape. and didnt have a brush so i tilted the helemt around. If you look at the H-1 pep file the overhang on the top curves back into the helmet for the triangular look. I couldnt get resin in there any suggestions?
If youre talking about the bill i would mix up a smaller batch of resin and after ur coat on the inside dries pour the resin inside of there and let it rest up against a wall so the resin stays in that bill/cup thing and dries

Ah i see, thanks! and one more question (sorry im a noob got into this 2 days ago first build Ever! ill get pics) Do i use bondo body filler on the inside AND outside?

Bondo on the outside for detail. I use something called rondo and i mix 70% bondo with 30% resin and use cream hardener then paint it on with a brush. it dries really smooth and is easy to sand. but yeah use it on the outside for detail

you could also put rondo in the inside of helmets also instead of fiberglass, that's what BenStreeper does and that's how i am going to do it but nice helmet man it is looking great

well i must say pretty damned cool helmet. i like the mesh visor. it looks alot like something out of dead space.

its not mesh its like steel metal with holes, but thanks for the comments guys. and odst its bondo with resin and cream hardener

Kinda looks like the new MP helmet from the front. Like the bronze tinge to it, but I think the wire are just there. Maybe in the future make some wires jutting out of a scorched hole or something of the like?

I'm not saying it's bad, because it's not. I'm just saying I feel there are things that could be done to the this helmet, places that could be explored with it that haven't been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back