Props Tactonyx M7 SMG WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Tyvern
Thanks -:)<

@Gallard & Ronster

The material is... different. I have to handle it with care as not to make dents, as it will dent easily, but it is quite sturdy. With large surfaces (Such as the DMR) the sheets will "wave" (They don't warp) What I do to avoid this is to double layer, putting in a reinforcing wall, or simply cover it up, like what I'm going to do to the DMR. Learning from casting the pistol, large thin areas don't do too well, fortunately the Pistol didn't have any problems concerning this, but I can foresee that with the DMR. Part of covering the "waves" is by making a new box that will fit inside the main body. It shouldn't hinder function, and will have little effect for when I eventually will soup it up. The M7 doesn't have any large flat surfaces, so I dont have to worry about that problem. Thus far the M7 is quite sturdy and has survived the 5 year old test.

As I promised yesterday, I got some photos of the M7 with a barrel test fit.
Da+Guns+004.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

I started on the feed tray for the magazine. The 23mm round is going to be cut down to 19mm so it can fit the dimensions of the subgun. Havn't heard any complaints of shortening the 12.7x40mm by 10mm, so why not shorten the 5x23mm by 4mm? Like the pistol, the M7 will have a mag release.
It's Halloween weekend so I don't expect to get a whole lot done on the guns over the next few days. But I'll make sure to keep you guy's posted on anything new.
As always, thanks for all your support and questions, comments, critiques are welcomed.

AHH, i see. I sketched out the butt stock of my weapon to try your method but I just have to get some sintra boards like you said to start it.

Looks great!

Thanks guys.
Hey Gallard, If your going to get Sintra PVC foaboards, make sure you get a fine point or precision pen, so you don't dnet the board. Markers didn't work for me cause for one, they don't wash off that easy, two there not as precise. But yeah, fine point pens are probably best.

Time for an update
Been screwing around all week, so all I got done was teh mag and feed tray. Now earlier I said this was going to have a working mag release, well it turns out that since it's so small, a mag release is more trouble than it's worth (unless it was stamped steel) so I will not be making a working mag release, plus, with a mag release, can't exchange the mag with a flick of the wrist. So now I'm at this point of "dumbing" down my models so I can make them faster (I got a lot of stuff I want to build) so the M7 will not have internal details like what the pistol has. Sorry! :(
Now that you all are done throwing rotten fruit and vegtables at me, here's the new and old magazine for comparison. (This is why I thought I could make a working mag release)
Da+Guns+001.JPG

The one on the top is the mag I'll be using.

Heres the mag in it's tray.
Da+Guns+005.JPG

Heres overall progress pics of the M7
Da+Guns+008.JPG

Da+Guns+009.JPG

Thanks for all of your support and interest. Questions, comments, critiques are welcomed.

@Alix965
Glad you found your way here! Now the thread is a gonna get more interesting :) Right now the subgun's main components are completed. I'm bringing the DMR up to speed so I can do all of the buttons, knobs and little components all at the same time. Fortunately the DMR is nearly caught up with the sub gun, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

@Sonic Sod
Thanks. That's what I love about this weapon is that it combines the best elements from the HK MP7 and the FN P90 into one small compact package.

@S1l3nt V1p3r
Thanks. But it still has a ways to go before achieving perfection.

I gotta sand down the M7 before I can start putting on final components. Don't worry, Alix, you'll get your pics soon enough.
Stand by for an update.

Edit:

November 24th.
Not much enthusiasm for the M7...:(
Havn't done a whole lot on it since the DMR is soaking up most of my time. Here's a checklist of items that need to be made before the M7 is considered done.

Sound Suppresor
Trigger
Butt Pad
Foregrip Latch release
Buttstock and Stock Release
Iron Sights (95% Completed)
Mounting Barrel Shroud and Barrel
Bodywork

Unlike the DMR, the M7 doesn't have a ton of details so completion for the M7 will move fast. I do have a deadline as I have to finish this build before I get started on my next project (Which sadly, I'm under contract not to reveal it until after February, but you Trekkies will certainly love it.) So I'll be in a mad rush to get these done.

Stay tuned...

@Alix965
(Which sadly, I'm under contract not to reveal it until after February, but you Trekkies will certainly love it.) So I'll be in a mad rush to get these done.
Dude you must be a Star Wars fan like me because it took me years to learn that they like to be called TREKKERS.

Sorta like the way midgets like to be called little people. Just thougt I'd give you the heads up about all the hate mail you're about to recieve. LOL.
84d7d43e-357b-48d8-80f4-e7206c64034d.jpg

Dude you must be a Star Wars fan like me because it took me years to learn that they like to be called TREKKERS.

Sorta like the way midgets like to be called little people. Just thougt I'd give you the heads up about all the hate mail you're about to recieve. LOL.
84d7d43e-357b-48d8-80f4-e7206c64034d.jpg

I thought I was doing pretty good in life so far. But if I'm going to hell, then bring on the liquor and wild women!

Edit: UPDATE

Got the DMR finished, resuming work on the M7.

Lol, that's great guys!

For the record, I do like Star Trek: The Next Generation, I used to be into Star Wars big time until George Lucas released the prequels. Nowdays I still watch Star Trek: TNG, and try to pretend the Star Wars prequel trilogy never happened.

It' been a while since progress has been made on the M7. Caught the flu right after I completed the DMR. Now that I am finally over it (with the occasional ear ache) I have been able to resume work on one of my most favorite Halo weapons.
I decided that the cardstock buttstock wasn't going to be good enough so I made a completely new one. I got the round shape from placing the sintra sheet on a 1" (25mm) dowel and using a hair dryer to slowly round it out to the desired shape.

Da+Guns+002.JPG

You'll also notice that I replaced the barrel shroud with a new one that I made. The idea behind this design is to snap on or off the silencer with one quick motion. A lot better than screwing it onto the PVC pipe. If you'll look closely you can see the notch. I already made the female connectors for the sound suppresor and the barrel shroud, just need to finish them.

Da+Guns+004.JPG

I am making the sound suppresor out of cardstock and foam board, what you see is the tube I made by cutting strips of cardstock and wrapping it around a tube that I made (Kinda like a hobby rocket kit) the spiral layer you see is the fourth layer, so it is somewhat sturdy. I wil be donig a test with this, I'll be coating my tube with general purpose epoxy and sanding it down. This should, in theory, strengthen the tube and make it as durable as the sintra sheets that I use.
Another thing you may notice is that I partially built the iron sights, right now I'm deciding on the approach that I'm goign to take with the posts.

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Last thing to note, I managed to get the magazine and tray most of the way done, just have a little bit of touchups here and there.

Da+Guns+005.JPG

Thanks for your interest and for taking the time to read and look at my projects. Any questions or commments are welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back