Props Tactonyx M7 SMG WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gingersnapples
Thanks, I certainly think so.

@Toacrabman
Yes I did make some caseless rounds. There is one in the mag and one next to it. The one in the mag is kinda hard to see the details on. I made the mag this way because the lack of a surfaced detail would've bugged me to no end. And by no means am I finished with the mag, I'll probably keep detailing it later so it looks more like a real world mag. The end of teh mag I made to look like it had a quasi feeding system, with a little gate to prevent all of the 5mm ammo from popping out. Though right now the mag can hold only 1.5 rounds. One day when I can afford the clear resin stuff, I'm going to make a transparent magazine showing all the ammo, I'm gonna do Robt McLees proud. And all but one button works on the M7 (the mag release)

@dung0beetle
I do see a lot of exclamation marks on my thread.

Thanks to everyone who has followed my thread and enjoyed what they read and saw.
As usual, questions, comments, critiques are welcomed.

Just had to add my two bits to this... Its stinking beautiful. Once the DMR is done this has to get molded for sure. I love how you made the release and travel buttons actually function. This thing is stupid awesome!!

Drop dead gorgeous. I audibly gasped when I saw this thread. I love looking at everything you make.

Hey, thanks guys, glad your liking it. I was always under the assumption of "You've seen one M7, you've seen them all" But judging the recent pages full of comments, that's not the case anymore.
See, I'm one of those weird perfectionist people who has a broken imagination, I have to make my stuff super detailed to compensate for it. I take that back, I have an overly active imagination. You'll see what I'm talking about in the coming month's:D
@Brandon
Molding the smg in full detail will be a hundred times easier than the DMR. It should be ready to go sometime in March, unless I find something else to upgrade on it. (I'm afraid my M6 Pistol will probably never see daylight again, since I keep revising it :()
Once again, thanks for taking the time to look at my M7 and thanks for the positive feed back.

@Zonbi
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoy my work and I appreciate the gasp

@Road Kill
Thanks. Since the smg is my favorite weapon, I tried to go above and beyond with it.

Not much of an update, but something fun. Showing off my M6C and M6J with the M7. Enjoy

Da+Guns+006.JPG

Yeah, I keep upgrading the pistol in mid paint job.

Da+Guns+007.JPG

Spec Ops

Da+Guns+009.JPG

M7S sub-machine gun and the M6J carbine

Da+Guns+010.JPG

x20 vs. x60

Once again, the M6 was gonig through a paint job when decided to upgrade it, again and again and again.
Thanks for looking.

Where did you get the reference for the carbine, i was readin about it, and i was gonna build one if i found pics.
Or did you just do what seemed reasonable as a carbine, possibly some inspiration from the WWII mauser carbine?

@ Abaris
Thanks. M6J has a G36 look?
jg_g36c.jpg

M6J.JPG

Yeah, the front part kinda does. The carbine sights are based off of a AK47. I was thinking of extending the rail cause my sights are too long for the rail. Doing this will definately make it look closer to the G36

@Toacrabman
I made my own M6J design. I find a lot of crude fan made designs, and I think 100% of them that I have found do not understand firearms. They have the stock attached to some strange places. I don't know about you, but I see a lot of potential for problems. I would post the pics, but I'm afraid the mods would not smile upon that because it's someone else's work.
You can find the ones I'm talking about on the first page of a image search on Google. The stock is attached to the slide, or it has a collapsable stock that's in the way of the safety and slide release, so on and so forth.
How I designed mine was following the design language of the pistol and other Misriah products, mainly the battle rifle. One look at my M6J you can see a lot of similer traits.
M6J.JPG

BR55HB_SR_Battle_Rifle.jpg

Also, you'll notice on the bottom of the M6C you'll see a plate behind the grip. Not a whole lot of people notice, but this particular plate is found in the games. I made my M6C be able to switch out that plate for a stock. Now it's not any 'ol plate, this particular peice will disassemble the pistol if it's removed.
Da+Guns+007.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

The plate is that weird shape so it can lock the spring and slide into place.

When I designed the stock, I wanted something similer to a Glock.
glock-stock-1.gif

But that didn't have a Halo feel, so I went the direction of a holster stock.
Mauser_C96_M1916_Red_9_7.JPG

400px-VP-70.jpg

But in the Halo universe, they don't use holsters, so it was made solid.
Da+Guns+006.JPG

So now we have the current M6J design. I don't find the stock interesting enough, so maybe one of these days I'll make a holster stock for the M6J, that would be cool.

Wow, I hijacked my own thread! So now you got a glimpse of Tactonyx's mind and the madness that roars around therin. I understand a lot of the halo weapon design launguage, so if you need any help to conceptualize your M6J, or any other canon Halo related weapon, feel free to PM me.
Thanks.

M6J.JPG

Hey you have probably addressed this in another thread but what is the process you are using after making the guns out of plastic sheets? Im referring to how in some pictures they are white, then orange, then black.

Hey Landon, the process is this: The white that you see is the plastic, the orange is paint primer that I use to find mistakes or blemish's. Black was the final paint color without the sealant, but I've gone back and modded some stuff, and that's why it looks the way it looks. I no longer use orange primer to find blemish's and mistakes, as I have found a new method of doing that.

Thanks guy's, glad you're liking my SMG.
Though that kind of grip/bipod is really cool, and I have thought about getting one, the SMG does not have a bipod
The (Toggle?) you see on the grip releases it so it can rotate and lock into place. One simply pulls down on it, rotate the grip to desired position (Open or closed are the only options) and release (Toggle?) until it locks into position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back