Noble 2 Catherine Armor WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
very good work, I know it takes a lot but don't get discouraged you'll finish it and when you do all that hard work will have been worth it

ok so SORRY for the massive delay in updating!!! I unfortunately didn't finish it in time for halloween, and shortly after my printer decided it didn't want to print anything anymore. So upon looking on island for a good brand printer and one that had a good review, I came up with nothing. Most of those pieces I had to scrap due to weather and warping. I had about 90% of the pep work done for my helmet, until I tried it on and realized it was slightly too small.

Enough bad news, now time for some GOOD news!

Just 2 days ago my boyfriend was fidling with the printer after having it collected a nice thick layer of dust in my closet, and suddenly it came back to life! It now prints, but due to his idiocy, he printed pamphlets to 'test it' and now is low on ink. After work today I'll be buying new ink and will resume work on my costume!

Keep in mind though that updates will be slow (as if they weren't already), as I am currently looking into possible making a Commander Shepard suit OR a Tali'Zorah costume. Those wont be done with the pep/fiberglass/bondo method, but instead with EVA foam and some vacuum forming for Tali. Though for the vacuum I would need an oven...which I currently dont have =X hmmm..?

stay tuned and thank you for ALL your comments and patience!!!

-Achilla

I was wondering if there would be any updates on this one. Glad to hear the printer is working again. Hopefull at some point you come back to Kat, we need all the spartans we can get!

Keep the good work up. Doing these is not easy nor was it meant to be easy. These are a challenge to build and congrates on taking up the challenge on your own. A hint though, ebay rocks on getting accessories.

alright..

i think the halo gods are not wanting me to make this armor! i bought the ink, then printed out the pep for the helmet, but then when i decided i wanted to also print the other pieces, my printer died! it wont turn on AT ALL! D:< so annoyed! i began work on the helmet, pepped the top and it looks good, but now i'm FINALLY moving back to the states and i wont be able to take my armor with me!!!

ARGH!

so when i get back i'll have to start ALL OVER! BUUUUUUUT good news is everything will be cheaper and available at any store within a 5 mile radius! i'm excited about that! AND i'll be able to go to dragon*con and comic con!! yey! i'm probably going to be in virginia so i'll be able to go to most of the conventions, then my folks live in the bay area of cali so i can go visit then drive down to san diego for comic con.

i'll probably be starting a new thread once i get settled in and everything moving. sorry to have disappointed all of you who wanted to see this build done by now!

oh and almost forgot..remember when i said i had my helmet about 90% done with pepping? well i did finish it...but when i tried it on it was too small! x_x not cool.

-Achilla

I thought you were FROM Guam! Well either way, good to hear you will have access to what you need! It must have sucked to not have an oven!

Cant wait to see more! ...Of the armor I mean... :)

Guess who is back from the grave! Back in Cali, and started making 2, yes 2 armors! I will be continuing the Kat armor IN ADDITION to making Mark VI MASTER CHIEF! Currently I have both helmets pepped, as well as the chest and right bicep for MC. I want to start a new thread but admin is blocking me currently? Hmm. Will post pics once I get a new thread started. HAPPY TO BE BACK!

Welcome back, long time no see.

You're being blocked because you're an infantryman. That means your new build threads can be started in the prestigious Creation Discussion forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back