Liutenant Kat B320- Armor build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the 405th halogirl. :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask and we will help as much as possible.

If I were you, I would get a pic or two up soon, one of the rules for starting a work in progress (WIP) thread, is you have to have pics or it will be deleted. Look forward to seeing your armor.
:)

Ok... Let's hope my picture posts worked.
Picture28.jpg

I finished the gluing,folding,and cutting!
Picture292.jpg

I'm going to get rid of everything bellow the red line. I will replace it with something that I can slip easily into. Currently it is way to tight to fit my head because of it.

I had originally cut where you marked in order to fit on my girl's head, but it still proved too hard to slide on, so I ended up cutting off another inch from the back portion. Great pepping!

Idk what to do now... I know I have to resin and fiberglass my armor, but then What?? I head something about bondo...

Idk what to do now... I know I have to resin and fiberglass my armor, but then What?? I head something about bondo...

After the resin and fiberglass, you can apply bondo to smooth out area's where there are hard edges. You don't have to, but it really helps and it makes the overall product really stand out.

Check out this thread for some more info:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/2814-Tutorial-Using-Bondo-for-Detailing?highlight=applying+bondo

Also check out Youtube for bondo application techniques. There are a ton of videos and they are extremely helpful.

I'm using the same helmet for my Custom Reach!!
But i suggest something, you don't need to trim the neck hole
Picture292.jpg

Make a hinge so the helmet will cover your whole neck.
Also, make the piece out of foam. When I start my build, I'll show you what I mean.

Instead of cutting it I will be keeping it the same. Once I have hardened it properly and before I'm going to paint I will creat a hinge system. I got the idea party from my dad and SPRTNBD50. I will cut the back side open in two parts. I will make it snap open and snap back in so I can easily put my head in.

Instead of cutting it I will be keeping it the same. Once I have hardened it properly and before I'm going to paint I will creat a hinge system. I got the idea party from my dad and SPRTNBD50. I will cut the back side open in two parts. I will make it snap open and snap back in so I can easily put my head in.

That sounds like a very good idea. What do you plan on using as the hinge?

Hey really good work so far; looks better then my first attempt :) if there's any advice I could give is go slow and if something doesn't look right or fit right, right do it. If there ever was a motto for pep, "measure twice, cut once, build three times"

Lol!! I got the idea from watching the making of 'Deliver Hope'.

I am completely new and have decided to create Kat armor :D!
Welcome young miss. Ah yes, the tragic Kat, I wonder why Jun was sent off with the good doctor instead of Kat, she seems to be the more interesting of the two. And she had been thorugh so much already it would have been nice to think she made it through the glassing. Oh well.

I've never pepped before much less made armor but if you need help baking cresent rolls, some people call them croissants, feel free to ask, I'm pretty good, I think...

oh BTW nice work so far.

p.s. Noble7 is right, AceNat did a great job, look her up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back