Auto-Sizing with Pepakura Designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentd3at4

Jr Member
Ok I understand how to adjust scale/size in pepakura designer but was curious if there was a way to have pepakura designer auto scale the rest of the parts of armor also. To clarify I scaled the chest piece to about 18" = 457.2 mm and I want to import another .PDO file I want it to scale it accordingly. The problem is it seems that it just makes another huge pep about 457 mm (total height scale was 914 mm after imported shoulder piece with chest piece) Is there a way around this or will I have to measure each piece specifically from now on since I didnt put all the PDO files together then scale em to my total height?

In this case how do you measure correctly for shoulders biceps forearms gloves etc... etc...

Just another quick shout out to all the great help I have received in previous threads and questions. Without this forum I would not have progressed, or learned as much as I have. thanks 405th!!!

To clarify I was hoping that it would adjust the size of the shoulder according to the increased size scale in the chest piece. So (completely made up numbers) if the chest was changed from 300 mm to 400 mm and the shoulder was 100 mm it should, relative to the chest piece, scale to 150 mm not to 400 mm as well lol. If Im still not clear let me know ^_^

To clarify I was hoping that it would adjust the size of the shoulder according to the increased size scale in the chest piece.
Unfortunately, it will not, unless you have a set of armor models that were all built to the same scale. From what I have seen, the default size of models differs wildly from part to part and that is why you are seeing this behavior. You could export all the parts from Pepakura Designer as .OBJ, import them into your choice of 3D modeling software and then scale them all relative to each other. Of course, this would mean re-pepping them but you could have the old one up side-by-side and just add the same cut lines.

If anyone is interested: The unit size from Maya to Pepakura Designer is 10 to 1. So if you have a cube 10cm by 10cm by 10cm in Maya, when you import it into Pepakura Designer, it will be 10mm by 10mm by 10mm. If you scale it by 10 in PD, you get the same size as Maya. Centimeters is the default unit in Maya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back