Megaman Legends "Digger Suit" project

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngineerJakit

About 3 months ago, I saw this fansite with a pretty good presentation to how the creators of Megaman Legends could go about making a third game. The drawings this person did for this site were pretty good, but not amazing. Then yesterday, while trying to think of a new armor idea that could work for me, i remembered the site and got the inspiration i needed to attempt the project.

http://androidarts.com/mml/reaverbot_legends.htm

Go down a few paragraph and you'll see a drawing of Megaman's fan-sketched Trigger and Purifier armors. But i'm going to attempt the Trigger armor sized to my body. I'm not doing it from scratch, because i'm very good at making something based on a picture. I got Autodesk 3ds Max and am going to make pepakura files of different parts of the armor.

I may be a noob here, but i know how to papercraft and 3d model. ive been doing it for months.

megaman_trigger_forms.jpg

This is the image? I like it. The midriff area looks a little, uh... bulimic?

This is the image? I like it. The midriff area looks a little, uh... bulimic?

yeah, but that's just the character in the game. and yet, the circumference from the bottom of my ribs to the bottom of my waist goes from 45"-48.5". The only reason why it can't be smaller is because central texas has very good chinese restaurants and i dont have the floor space for good exercize equipment.

Update!!!

Ive been working on the modeling for a while now and finished making one of the pauldrons. I got 3 pictures taken and it looks pretty good. This was done last week. Along with last week, i purchased a 300 psi, 12v air comopressor a little smaller than an N64. its the perfect size for the back of the armor and its in blue! Now if only i could post the pictures i have. anyone fill me in on how to put the pics in here?

That looks pretty neat :D Im looking forward to seeing some pictures.

I'm about to work on MegaMan Volnut's armor pretty soon myself :3

UPDATE TIME!!!
The modeling has been going a bit bumpy, but good nonetheless. My Developmental Math class in college has kicked my tenders hard, so i have to retake it next semester. and i still cant figure out how to post pics from my documents. Seriously, i cant figure out how. Plz help for i have good pictures to post!

LONG OVERDUE UPDATE!!!

Man, i cant believe i forgot to make a post about this for almost two years! After i heard about Megaman Legends 3 being cancelled last year, i almost forgot i was doing this. Ive been quite busy with getting a mechanical engineering degree at a different college, but i think ill go back to trying to make this real. Especially seeing as how i have more money, a different skill set, and a feeling of having stuff i set out to do finally getting finished.

I havent worked on this project for almost a year, mainly because i was distracted by something else. But out of nostalgia, im going to attempt this again! Ill be surprised if anyone will even reply to this thread!

hey i wish you the best of luck on this project! I'm currently making myself a suit from mml as well haha, im guna be doing the concept art for the third game. (which im still sad they arent making)
mml3-mega-man-concept4.jpg

I'm not jaking, just putting up a ref pic so others know what normal volnutt looks like.
I can't wait to see some progress on this, good luck again!

mml3-mega-man-concept4.jpg

Sounds awesome :D I myself am going to start working on MegaMan X soon. But I would love to do the MegaMan Legends 3 Volnutt as well.
If you get the Pepakura for it then you should share XD

Well, i haven't been back here for quite some time. So i might as well give an update.

I have failed at obtaining a degree in Mechanical Engineering, but luckily im still in school and am trying to get a Welding Certificate. I think i will have to give up on the particulars of this project, mainly with making my own Volnutt Digger Suit. Making something like this with the kind of body that i have is a near impossibility, for i technically have the chest, waist, and torso of a full grown man with a 30 something pants size. If i was to try and make this for someone else who actually fit Volnutt's body scale in comparison to a real person, then that person would have to be a physically fit pre-teen less than 18 years old.

With that being said, I will make more posts when and if I have found a person who actually fits the body type AND wants to try and do something like this. But that doesn't mean i can't do something related to this project.

I think a good idea to do would be to make a Digger Suit that is accustomed to my own body. I could do that, and make it look awesome. If possible, i could make a few armors and, i dunno, maybe make a movie? Like a short fan movie for the Legends fans who are still out there? If this is a good idea, then by all means leave some replies to this.

How about if i get....... 50 replies that say i should do this, then i will see about doing such an endeavor. For any Legends fans that would want to see something like that, go ahead and leave any thoughts.

-Jakit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back