Vacuum Forming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenwolf

go for it. If you make really nice armor, but dont want to spend hundreds on molding material, make a former. I will be forming my armor next week (my first completed armor) and I only had to pep things like the shin and shoulder once because of it.

i have access to a small one used mainly for dental purposes. i can vacuform anything bigger than 5 by 5 so i guess im just making hand armor with it... and war medals if i go that way. but i can see how making a larger ome would be to my benefit

I made THIS ONE a few years ago and it worked fine for ABS and HIPs plastic sheets. It's inexpensive to build and it works for smaller projects. One caveat if you are planning to build this project; if you are inexperienced with electrical circuits, please be very careful with your electrical wiring, and make sure the bare wire ends are not exposed or touching another wire, or you will short the circuit and may start a fire.

yes i would like to make one as well and would probubly go the same way misfitju is going to go it seems be one of the best i have seen

WEEZY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back