My Carter build

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey would you be able to give me the exact name of the blue colour your using? coz it looks perfect and i want to get it right so im not wasting money, thanks

This looks great wiyumisher!

The weathering is really well done bro, its one of those things that makes or breaks a kit and you nailed it.

dude all this looks awesome. ill check back regularly to see how it comes out. im working on a suit myself. hoping it comes out as good as yours. doing carters commander shoulder, along with the CQC (scout) shoulder, and then a security helmet (halo 3 style). any tips?

hey would you be able to give me the exact name of the blue colour your using? coz it looks perfect and i want to get it right so im not wasting money, thanks

The Blue I am using is called deep blue, glossy and I use a 320 grit block to dull it down a little so it isn't so shiny.

This looks great wiyumisher!

The weathering is really well done bro, its one of those things that makes or breaks a kit and you nailed it.

dude all this looks awesome. ill check back regularly to see how it comes out. im working on a suit myself. hoping it comes out as good as yours. doing carters commander shoulder, along with the CQC (scout) shoulder, and then a security helmet (halo 3 style). any tips?

Take your time with making your suit. Set easily obtainable deadlines so you do not burn yourself out like I did. Take your time is the biggest thing.

I have my first ever convention with the suit next week. I won't be entirely completed but have currently been working on the helmet, fixing it up and updating the paint and details. Here is a picture of it primed:
IMAG0182.jpg

Filled in the space between the visor and front jaw along with smoothing out curves and bumps.

IMAG0182.jpg

i'm starting my own suit and was gonna use carter's commando shoulder. obviously this was meant for pepakura, but im gonna try doing cardboard with it first. think it'll work well? also what scale did you use for the shoulder?

i'm starting my own suit and was gonna use carter's commando shoulder. obviously this was meant for pepakura, but im gonna try doing cardboard with it first. think it'll work well? also what scale did you use for the shoulder?

Cardboard would definitely work. I used cardboard and rondo to fill in the open space. For my shoulder I made it around 10 inches and trimmed down the sides so I could move my arm around.

Helmet pictures and convention pictures!
IMAG0191-1.jpg

IMAG0190-1.jpg

IMAG0189-1.jpg

IMAG0195-1.jpg

IMAG0193-1.jpg

IMAG0192-1.jpg

Came out pretty good in my opinion. People really liked the suit. It took forever to move from one side of the convention to another because of how many people wanted a picture.

Tired.jpg

and I got really tired haha
pose.jpg

Hostage.jpg

i took a hostage along the way
hammer.jpg

Fable.jpg

Enjoying some fable 2
double.jpg

What.jpg

watching.jpg

Me watching some Halo 3. Overall it was a pretty fun experience and I will be going to a few more such as dragon con. I have a couple pieces left to finish but people loved it.

IMAG0191-1.jpg

IMAG0190-1.jpg

IMAG0189-1.jpg

IMAG0195-1.jpg

IMAG0193-1.jpg

IMAG0192-1.jpg

Tired.jpg

pose.jpg

Hostage.jpg

hammer.jpg

Fable.jpg

double.jpg

What.jpg

watching.jpg

Thanks :D Going to be continuing this thread as I work on my suit more. Plans as of right now include remaking the torso (completely new one) with a larger stomach plate and sit it higher on my chest with padding. Also found this picture from the weekend from someone I didn't even know but one of my friends knew. Best picture by far
223063_2037986868902_1221160706_2468330_6746266_n.jpg

223063_2037986868902_1221160706_2468330_6746266_n.jpg

That's a great looking suit. I do agree that the forarms could be a little bigger though.

Your forearms and biceps are too small. But other than that it's a pretty solid build, Good Job :)

Agreed. I'm going to keep the biceps the way they are. The forearms are definitely too small. Those are on my list of things to do. I'm going to use one of the newer files, I just didn't have enough time to finish new ones. Also, I will begin working on Kat armor for my girlfriend as my friends and I are trying to get a whole noble team together.

Dang dude that suits looks absolutely amazing! By the way where did you pick up those aqua colored LEDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back