Reach foam armor and Pilot helmet wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey 405th!!
IMG_2370.jpg

This is my first thread on my new acount. if yall want to see what i heve done in the past, my old account is thebradinatorrr.

Inspired by timecon, i decided to make a halo reach foam armor. like he did, i printed a pep of the torso and cut the major parts in foam and free handed the rest. the torso turned out great!
IMG_2361-1.jpg

IMG_2362-1.jpg

IMG_2363-1.jpg

IMG_2366-1.jpg

Now for the shoulders, i had to do a little freehand with the pictures as my guide
they turned out ok, but not as good as the torso.

IMG_2368-1.jpg

on the EVA helmet, my amigo is in the middle of pepping it and once its done, the armor will be on pause so i can work on it. i plan to vac form the visor and air brush it like redshirt did on his tutorial.

So i hope yall like it and let me know what ya think

Brad

also the pics arnt working, how do you do it again?

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2361-1.jpg

IMG_2362-1.jpg

IMG_2363-1.jpg

IMG_2366-1.jpg

IMG_2368-1.jpg

I got a LOT done this weekend!

i casted an odst helmet - to use until the EVA is done
IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

Painted my torso
IMG_2372.jpg

Painted one of my shoulders
IMG_2373.jpg

Made the cod piece - NOT DONE - still needs detail
IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

And made the thighs.
IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

So far, i have used:

1. a six pack of foam mats from walmart
2. 1 cans of black spray paint
3. 1 can of yella paint
4. a can of plastidip
5. 4 packages of hot glue.

So far, this is turning out to be a farly inexpencive build - around 40 bucks so far.

tomarrow im gunna hit up walmart to get some more mats and glue!

THANKS for all the positive feedback!

Brad

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

SO the spraypaint doesn't eat the foam up? I was curious about using foam.

Actualy, I scealed the foam using plastidip spray. That makes the foam harder and gives it the ability to be painted. i have no clue if paint eats away at the foam. I havent tryed it.

wow that looks awsome

can you do like a small tutorial vid on how you made the parts? mostly the torso, because i am curious and this seems to be a slightly more effective way to make armor. I just question about the curves and grooves made.

Seeing how your pieces look like, I'm tempted to do a foam costumes. The same concern that some of you have, foam may not take paint well.

wow that looks awsome

can you do like a small tutorial vid on how you made the parts? mostly the torso, because i am curious and this seems to be a slightly more effective way to make armor. I just question about the curves and grooves made.

Yeah! when i have time, i will make a tutorial on one of the legs - one of the things i need to finish. Also, BenStreeper made a tutorial on making foam armor so hopefully you'd benifit from that vid also:

http://www.youtube.com/user/iceagonakilya#p/u/4/ym22pguZOjE

And thank you ALL for all your feedback!

Brad

Krylon Fusion will not eat the EVA foam if you paint it raw. Not sure about non-plastic safe spray paints though.

I used a non-plastic Rustolium spray on some scrap foam and it didn't damage it. I would use some kind of sealer first because it will give you a smooth finish, it gets absorbed without one like a sponge and seems dulled because of that.

I used a non-plastic Rustolium spray on some scrap foam and it didn't damage it. I would use some kind of sealer first because it will give you a smooth finish, it gets absorbed without one like a sponge and seems dulled because of that.
Yeah, I agree about sealing it first just to save on the amount of paint you have to use. I have also found that if you have sanded the foam or used a Dremel on it and do not seal the EVA foam, it takes even more paint and comes out a lot duller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back