Props Tactonyx M392 DMR

What should Tactonyx's next project be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
how did you develop the blueprints for this? im kinda curious about how to go about making something like this. are there any tutorials that you found helpful that you could point me to. Your work is absolutely killer, keep it up!

@Tyvern
Thanks

@gingersnapples
Sorry gingersnapples, I'm going to be doing the Halo 2 Shotty. Of all the weapons that are seen in all five Halo games, I like Halo 2 the best. I don't like most of the human weapons in Halo: Reach, except for the Laser (I am going to build it Reach style) the DMR and the pistol (Which I'll build one, one of these days) The reason why I don't care for the human weapons in Halo reach is because they have that cheap sci-fi layer build feel, you know, the same dressing that they use in movies or low quality sci-fi games. The few exception to the rules are Perfect Dark, F.E.A.R., Starship Troopers and Aliens. A good example from reach is the Rocket Launcher, yeah the rotating tubes were'nt really necessary, but other than that, it was a pretty cool weapon. Reach comes along and theres no sense as to whay it's covered with crap. As for the grenade launcher, don't get me started, I don't even touch the thing. So pretty much un-neccessary detail or tactically unsound stuff bugs me. :) I hope I didn't come across rude, as it was not my intent, but hope to reveal some method to my madness:)

@Hell Razer
Hey thanks, I'm glad you like my drafts. I've had so many people PM and E-mail me about my DMR draft that I am going to try to make 1:1 scale posters and sell them. I've been around all of the local printing shops and none have a printer that can do a 14x42" (355x1060mm) poster. May have to actually go to Twin Falls to get it printed. But if your interested in a copy of my drafts, just PM. Thanks:)

@Egam47
Thanks, Can't wait to get it finished.

@Road Kill
Thanks, it looks a lot better with the barrel attached. And it passed the Five year old test, so that's a good thing:) As for the materials, I'm using sintra PVC foamboard along with wood dowels and junk I find lying around the house and shop. (Poor Xbox :()

@SpartanRouge1
Thanks. How I made the draft was by using reference pictures of the DMR and it's real world counterparts, such as the Steyr AUG, Ruger M14 and the H&K G3 rifles. I also got renders of the DMR along with in game footage of the DMR at different angles. I get it all on my computer screen and stare at it for hours. After I get a good idea on how it will come together, I start drafting. I first start with the grip, and make it 5" (126mm) and I work towards the magazine and do it's sizing, do the buttstock and go from there. As for tutorials, I do not know of any as I don't use any. But I promised people that I would make a tutorial of the shotty once I got these done, so hopefully that'll help you out when it's done.

Update time.
As many of you could see, I havn't done a single thing since last week, with Halloween and my dear Mother's birthday, plus I felt like I needed a small vacation from my models. But I started working on them this afternoon and got the mags done for the M7 and DMR.
Da+Guns+007.JPG

Thanks everybody for your interest and support. Any questions or comments, are as usual, welcomed.

Da+Guns+007.JPG

one question.. Are you god? O.O
Blasphamy!
No, but I'll take divine inspiration.

Been working on the DMR, mostly reinforcing the upper reciever and rebuilding some parts. Also rebuilt part of the scope so I can have 5 modular rails instead of four! Plus I want to mount the scope on my subgun once it's finished. But here it is in it's overall progress.

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Got the handguard, the foregrip, and new vents

Da+Guns+002.JPG

The front post 90% complete, closeup of the new vents, the foregrip 75% complete

Da+Guns+003.JPG

A look from the rear

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Closeup of the center.

Now I'm going to go back to work on it.
Thanks for looking at them, and I hope you enjoy them.

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+002.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Thanks. I'm really excited, I'm nearly done with the thing, might even get it done this weekend, if I didn't have to go to Salt Lake on friday. :p

Edit:

Thanksgiving eve:
Ouch! No comments.
Well' I can safely say that the DMR has been almost done for nearly two weeks now. Got all main components done, just doin all of the tiny details. Another bad habit I have is when I'm nearly done with someting, I skip out on the pictures as well. Right now I wan't to show you guy's my DMR, but it's so close to being done that I figured that it can wait till I'm finished. And yes to anyone asking, I am sick and tired of the DMR, and I kinda been procrastinating. Want to work on the SMG, but the DMR is so close to being finished that I can't work on it.
Here's a checklist of stuff that needs to be done before the DMR is 100% complete

Trigger X
Charging Handle
Magazine Baseplate/Release
Ammo Counter
Buttons and Knobs
Buttpad
Surface Details X

Stay tuned for finished model...

This is looking absolutely wonderful O:
You say that it's easily dented... so what will you use to protect it once it's finished?

This is looking absolutely wonderful O:
You say that it's easily dented... so what will you use to protect it once it's finished?

Thanks. Think I emphasized too much about how it dents. The plastic behaves a lot like wood, surface wise, so it'll dent about the same as pine, comparatively. Once the model is done, it will be casted and I don't have to worry about it being dented.

Overcame my desire to finish it before Itook pictures and took pictures of it anyways. The model is about 95% done. The DMR you see now is actually the third one I made. the first two had design flaws that just wouldn't work out. So in reality, the DMR took about a month to make, once I figured out the best way to build the models. Here it is in all of it's glory, 95% done.

Da+Guns+002.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+004.JPG

Yes the front post does flip up and down. And the picture you see is already outdated as I refined the trigger and finished all of the surface details. All is left is what's on the checklist above.
Thanks for your interest and support, and expect to see a nearly finished DMR here shortly.

Da+Guns+002.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+004.JPG

Ive been following this for along time, and I have to say, again hehe great job dude! Hella awsome. Keep it up cant wait till your 100% done. Then we expect some really awsome pics you geared up with your new toy :) hahah keep truckin your almost at the end :)

Thanks, glad you like my DMR. I can't wait for it to be 100% completed as well. The little stuff is soaking up my time, making me fall behind schedule. Setting a deadline to git'er done before thursday... Or tommorow... December 2nd... Whichever happens first.

Heres a list of all that I have left, now that most of the small stuff is done.
Ammo counter: Complete
Buttpad: 1% complete
Charging Handle: Complete
Magazine Release: Complete
Knobs: Complete
Pins: Complete
Sanding: Complete

The pins I can get done pretty quick, especially the ones that are static. Gotta take some knobs from the M6, the knobs I made for the DMR and make copies of them. The ammo counter won't take long to finish and the Mag release, in theory, will be simple to make, simple to install, and be able to switch for left and right handed users.
Got to make a cast for the charging bolt handle (I'm using my x-acto knife diamond grip for the handle)
The buttpad will be built last, it'll be like the crown jewel on the DMR. Actually the buttpad and the barrel/gas tube will act as the keystones that will hold the DMR together.
Just thought I'd give you guy's an idea on whats on my plate, and when I expect to finish it.
Also the Poll will close on Dec 31st, so make sure you vote.
Thanks for all of your support, interest and time to read this. As always, feel free to comment.

Dang man, freaking awesome. You got me interested in making a DMR myself :p. You used PVC to make this (i think i read that in this topic somewhere)? Is it difficult to work with?

Thanks guys, glad you like my work.

@Geeky
Sintra PVC sheet is like working with wood, except better and more flexible. good luck on your DMR and don't get discouraged if it doesn't come out right, what you see here on this thread is the third one. Third try is a charm.

Unexpectedly, the magazine release took up a good part of the day. It is a ambidexterous button that has a terrible tendacy to stick, beens spending all day trying to make it so it won't. If I slam the mag in the button will unstick, got to look into it some more, see what's wrong. But... Now we're down to the buttpad. It's 11:30 here, I might get it cut out and shaped tonight, but definately won't make my goal of getting it done today. Fortunately, or, unfortunately, my customer hasn't sent the stuff for me to work on yet, so I'll have a few extra days.
Once again, I have to go to Salt Lake tommorow, so I won't get back to the buttpad until tommorow night. I also got a lot of stuff to do over the weekend, so we'll see how it comes out.
But I won't let you guy's leave emptied handed, so here are some teasers.

Da+Guns+002.JPG

Showing off the safety and the mag release. Hmm... Looks like I'll have to refine the internal component of the safety a bit.

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Here's the Mag, don't mind all the crap around it.

Da+Guns+004.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

"Made On Mars"
The gun is made in Szolnok, Reach, thought I'd give it a "old, but upgraded with new parts" feel. Or it's just me being weird, I suppose. Still looking for a spot to engrave the gun make and manufacture date

Thanks for taking the time to look at it, and keep a look out for a complete DMR shortly. Thanks

Da+Guns+002.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+004.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

Thanks guy's and good luck on your DMR Solo.
The DMR is completely finished! Got sick over the weekend, so I didn't get it finished as fast as I wanted too, but either way, the DMR is done. Won't be able to do pics tonight, but I'll definately get em up tommorow. Stand by...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back