Props Tactonyx M392 DMR

What should Tactonyx's next project be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Smiggly
I get a lot of people pm and e-mailing me about the DMR. Soon we'll see some updates on the casting of the DMR, stay tuned...

Hey Roadwarrior, My DMR measures out at 975mm, and I think it's about 750mm without the barrel

Ladies and gentleman I am now proud to reveal my secret project! Tactonyx sent this to me over the holidays and after receiving the rubber I spent the last two days working on getting it into the goo. I had previusly built the box out of mdf. I used nsp chant clay to build up around the gun. The scope, flash suppressor and charging handle are cast separately. So without further ado here are the pics!

21418cd3.jpg

ac30c9e0.jpg

These will be cast in smooth cast 320 and will probably weigh in around 6 lbs, I will know better tomorrow. They will also be cold cast with nickel/silver as well as black tint. There were minimal bubbles in the mold. It took a lot of rubber and there were some learning lessons. But it is done. So for all of you asking about casting, well it's now ready! So tactonyx, if you want the DMV done too, bring it on! I have 5 gallons of rebound coming so... Wahoo!

21418cd3.jpg

ac30c9e0.jpg

Once again, great work. Gotta seal some voids on the M7 before it's ready for molding, but probably won't get to that until I finish up my current project. Can't wait to see some DMR casts!

Any chance you would be willing to post better pictures of the side/front views of the 1:1 drawing from the first post? I could really use a nice set of line drawings for my DMR build.

@Zat German
Right at the moment I'm very busy with a project. Once I get that knocked outta da way I'll PM you some more detailed pics of the schematics

@Halo_1
Not as pretty as this:
Brandon+McClain+DMR+Cast.jpg

I just can't stop looking at it...

Brandon+McClain+DMR+Cast.jpg

OK, got the paints in the mail today. And of course, they look totally different than what the website showed. So now the DMR is going to have US Army Drab upper: which is a dark, dark green. Panzer Schokladbraun tupperware furniture: which is chocolate brown. Dark Earth for who knows what? Scwarzgrau for the lower reciever: which I think the dark gray is still too light. Gonna have to tone down the colors with some black ink or something. But I'm excited to try out the metalizers for the barrel and other parts of the gun. This will be the first time using them, going away from regular enamels. Expect a completely finished DMR here in the next couple of weeks. Standby...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back