Props Tactonyx M392 DMR

What should Tactonyx's next project be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactonyx

Greetings everyone. This is the finished pic of my M392 DMR. The following in this thread is the WIP on it and comments associated with the DMR. I implore all readers to read through this thread first before asking question, as your question may already be answered somewhere in this thread.

DMR+Promo.jpg

I'll have resources for my DMR here in the first post, so keep an eye here for new usable material.
Here are my resources. If these pics aren't good enough, you can go to my website and get better pics: http://tactonyx.blogspot.com/

Here's my 1:1 scale draft showing off most of the rifle
Guns+001.JPG

Heres a 90% completed scope next to draft
Guns+002.JPG

Heres the scope next to the M7 sights
Guns+006.JPG

Heres the etching of the foregrip with it's "stenciling"
Da+Guns+003.JPG

Lower Reciever being built
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Lower Reciever 50% finished
Da+Guns+002.JPG

Lower Receiver 95% done
Da+Guns+003.JPG

Upper Rail shroud and barrel shroud
Da+Guns+006.JPG

Both parts in respective places
Da+Guns+005.JPG

The Upper Reciever
Da+Guns+001.JPG

All the parts taped together for fitting, sizing and overall progress
Da+Guns+002.JPG

Thanks for taking the time to look at this, questions, comments, critiques are welcomed.

DMR+Promo.jpg

Guns+001.JPG

Guns+002.JPG

Guns+006.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+002.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+006.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+002.JPG

Thats an awesome build, its going to look just like the real deal when its done. What are you constructing it out of?

@Tyvern
Thanks

@Ravenwolf
Thank you, like your avatar BTW

@StevePerv
Thanks, I'm glad you liked my Pistol. The DMR, unfortunately, will not be insanely detailed like the pistol, as I found out the hard way that lots of little detailed parts can get expensive. Despite this, The DMR will still have incredible detials. One day, when I'm bored, I might jack the DMR all the way up. We'll see.

@Road Kill
Thanks. If you think it's awesome now, wait 'till I attach the barrel

Speaking of which, I ran into town today and got some dowels to make the barrel. Got three sizes, 5/8" (16mm) for the barrel, 3/4" (19mm) for the barrel and the flash suppressor and a 1" (25mm) for the gas tube / barrel channel. As I've already told you guy's, I'm severly allergic to sawdust, so this is going to be fun.
On a lighter note, I did some touchups on the forgrip of the DMR, adding tabs that I may or may not use to bolt down the heat shield (we'll see) and after I get some putty on those horrible cracks, it'll be ready for the lower rail and foregrip.

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Thanks for your interest and support, any questions, comments, critiques, feel free to post them.

Da+Guns+003.JPG

One thing that may help with the sawdust problem....
Recently I was doing some bone carving (dangerous dust) and in addition to my mask (half face ventilator) I set up my small shopvac so that the nozzle was pretty much beside the tool and workpiece. Worked pretty good.
Thinking about it though...lol might be hard if you are using one of those handheld circular saws :D

@Ravenwolf
Thanks for the tip. Not do I only have sinus allergies, I have severe skin allergies. Getting trace amounts of sawdust on my arms is enough to give me a rash. Powdered bone is volatile? Hmm, didn't know that. Learn something new everyday. Don't have to worry about working with bone, cause I have a pathological fear of animal remains (it's a long, but interesting story)

@Tyvern
Thanks. The DMR will be a hollow shell, with a working charging handle and detachable magazine, and some other working parts that I can't think of right at the moment. I am leaving the notched spaces and the specially shaped parts so I can super detail it at a later time.

@got armour
You know what? I really don't know. I just leave them lying around, like my Timberwolf mech, sits in the living room next to the sofa. Whenever I get company over, they're simply amazed at it, and even more amazed that the thing is scratch built. The Snark, despite it's not finished, people think it's the greatest thing ever. My pistols, they're still in the studio getting some final touch up paint jobs. A lot of people think they're real guns, despite they don't have a good paint job yet. My boy certainly loves them, despite how gargantuan the gun is to him. I can't help but look at my stuff for extended periods of time. That's why I'm building all this stuff, making myself a little muesum / armory.

Spent the entire day making the barrel of the DMR, and after a torturous sanding job, I am proud to say I no longer have to worry about making the barrel anymore.
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+002.JPG

I'm still waiting for the glue to dry, but I'll make sure to post a pic of the test fitting when I get back from Salt Lake tommorow night.
Stay tuned...

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+002.JPG

That is one seriously amazing job man!! What do you use to get all the details for when you draw your blueprints? This may be something I want to try out!

@Tyvern
Thanks, glad you like it.

@Gallard
Thanks. How I make my drafts is I get lots of reference pics of the model, and find reference pics of real world weapons that are similer in design. I do everything from eye and draw it on a sheet of posterboard. I've already promised that I was going to have a tutorial when I did the shotgun (And right now, the shotgun looks like the next model after the DMR and M7 are finished) So when I make the tutorial, it should help you guy's understand a little better on how I do my research and drafts.

As I promised yesterday, I have the DMR with a test fitting of the barrel. Sadly I forgot to put the upper rail and scope on (This new addition made my boy quite excited and he couldn't leave the DMR alone) Without further ado, here's the DMR with barrel.
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+002.JPG

Heres the barrel as seen through the vent
Da+Guns+003.JPG

I got the front sights etched and partly cut out, hopefully I'll have them made this weekend. I'll be pretty busy with Halloween so I'll try to do my best update new peices.
Thanks for all you guy's support and feel free to comment.

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+002.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

holy shiz!!!!

is there any way you can send me those 1:1 scale drafts you used??

i have been using foam board for my dmr and i really could use those detailed drawings for the littler details.

my email is: jriddle512@yahoo.com

if you can i REALLY need those drafts.

man this is amazing i wish i had your patience lol keep up the good work i cant wait to see it all finished

HOLY CRAP! MAN that is awesome man and you were right when you said " if you think this awesome wait until you see the barrel" you really were right! can't wait to see it finished man and i also saw your smg and that looks awesome too man! great job! :D btw what did you use to make that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back