Pepakura tips for noobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonj57

hey 405th i was wondering about some things about pep like folding tips glue tips and stuff so i know about scoring the paper with a knife but i don't like to do that so like is there a easier way and another thing whats the best way to glue in pieces because i usually end up with slightly off centered pieces that end up messing up the pep files

hey 405th
i was wondering about some things about pep like folding tips glue tips and stuff
so i know about scoring the paper with a knife but i don't like to do that so like is there a easier way
and another thing whats the best way to glue in pieces because i usually end up with slightly off centered pieces that end up messing up the pep files

First tip: Use proper spelling. Especially use punctuation marks. Not understanding a question will make people go away rather than answer it.

You can also indent the paper with a pen or any other dull tool. I use the bottle opener on my Army Knife (the small kind, the new big knives with the lockable blade have bigger ones, they're not precise enough). Use a ruler for any fold lines longer than about 5 mm. If possible, use a metal ruler, they don't wear out as fast.

To glue in pieces, apply glue, then gold the pieces together until it's dry. Alternatively, for tricky pieces, hold them together first and then pour glue into the gap between them (this doesn't work with highly viscous glue). Don't use too much glue.

Wow thats really hard to understand. My English professor would have a fit with that.

As far as gluing tips go, just makes sure each piece dries really well before you move on. You could try working on two different spots at the same time by gluing one then moving to the other side and repeat.

If you dont want to use a knife for scoring, ball point pens work really well i hear. You would have to use a ruler to get the lines straight. I prefer the knife on my multi-tool but that just me. Sometimes you have to force the tabs together to get them to line up in the right way, pep does not understand physics so it can be tricky at times.

As for the 'stuff' you mentioned, just remember to take things slow. The more time you spend doing the small details the better it will all turn out. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back