Visor detail on this hemet? or no visor detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaj2714

Jr Member
This is my cheap way of making visors. What you think?
VISor detail? Or not

Visor detail (it will be tighter of course, just im holding it in place)
snapshot-14.jpg

snapshot-15.jpg

No visor detail
snapshot-16.jpg

snapshot-17.jpg

snapshot-14.jpg

snapshot-15.jpg

snapshot-16.jpg

snapshot-17.jpg

you build it from PVC sheeting from like Hobby lobby. USe a green sheet as a background, then amber, another amber, and if u want orange like Jorges helmet use another amber. If you want a visor like MC then use a yellow sheet as the outside piece. its flexible and easy to use. And its great for making Emiles helmet cuz it will flex to your shape

okay, because I'm probably gonna try to make Emiles helmet and I need something for the visor. where can u find this stuff?

Yeah, Hobby Lobby is the only place ive found that carries it. theyve recently started carrying a smoke gray color too so its good for ODST too. BUt what you guys think? Should I do the details or not?

I could barely see the detail in the first picture... but I would leave it out. Looks great still!! Keep it up!!

ima have to try that, cheap and effective, i like!
would work great for something temporary and you could probably use it as a guide later for a real one.
wonder how you would do emiles with it....

no actually you have to use a green background as the last PVC sheet. it makes it where it become like one way glass. and the green balances out the amber so its really kind of like looking through sunglasses. colors are actually brighter. i actually like it

i imagine you'll need 2 seperate sheets. each sheet is 2.49 at hobby lobby. and yes you can see very well. 3 ambers and then a green is like looking through sunglasses. My MC has a yellow sheet on the outside making it more of a gold shield but the more colors u use it will get a little foggier. also, make sure u spray paint the interior of your helmet black. my suggestion is to go to hobby lobby and go mess withthe PVC sheeting an try color combos til u find one u like. bu make sure u have the final sheet green. its waht makes it where u cant see into the helmet, but can see out of it

well Emile's shield is def yellowish gold. So i'd say one of these two orders:
Yellow, Amber, Amber, Green
or
yellow yellow amber green.

Green is on the inside of the helmet. yellow on the outside.
Ur probabaly gonna have to buy 2 sets of sheeting.
Ur gonna have a ridge right throught the middle of the helmet tho. BUt I just got an idea. IF ur planning on doing the skull over emile's helmet then maybe you can make the 2 long spikes of the skull that are lined up w the eyes stretch over the and effectively hide the ridges

okay thanks a ton. would the PVC hold up if I had it shipped? I live 50 miles away from the nearest hobby lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back