Props LeeKegan M319 Individual Grenade Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words: AWESOME!!! Are you molding this?
P.S: What is that Halo: Reach thing back there in this pic/Halo%20Reach%20Grenade%20Launcher/HaloReachGrenadeLauncherl.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks everyone.

That is the deluxe manual for reach game.

Sorry for the double post, but here is the video showing the finished grenade launcher.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I died a bit inside when I thought it was going to fall off the table at the end O_O
Anyway, absolutely stunning work.
Are all the 40mm Picatinny rail's hand made? If so, that's a surreal amount of dedication to your work, major props to you sir!

If you mold it, they will come. Incredible, stunning, unbelievable, doesn't even begin to describe it.

wow, amazing. I like the bit at the end of the vid, "Hope you like the grenade launcher" Come on Lee, for you that's like saying I hope you like breathing air. :D This is really really good. I want one so bad lol. I really hope you decide to cast it.

BTW, I don't know if anyone has asked you this yet or not, but in your vid, is that a target designator from Reach on your workbench behind you?

Holy smokes lee!!!!!!!!!! How did I miss this?!?! You have $$ waiting the moment you get this molded!!!! Which I hope is soon!!

Are all the 40mm Picatinny rail's hand made? If so, that's a surreal amount of dedication to your work, major props to you sir!

Yes, they are hand made from poplar wood.

BTW, I don't know if anyone has asked you this yet or not, but in your vid, is that a target designator from Reach on your workbench behind you?

Yes, I will be starting a thread soon. It wasn't supposed to be in the video.

Ah, maybe I should have kept my mouth shut then. :\ I had a couple more questions for you if you don't mind.

When you buy your wood, do you go with one standard thickness, then rip them down, or buy multiple thicknesses?

Ok, well I guess it was just one question lol. Anyway, I am going to be getting a scroll saw in a few days and starting on some weapon props, hopefully you will be kind enough to critique my work for me and give me some pointers. I used to wood work a few years ago, so I'm a bit rusty, and you sir have inspired me to give it another go. Thanks. :)

Ah, maybe I should have kept my mouth shut then. :\ I had a couple more questions for you if you don't mind.

When you buy your wood, do you go with one standard thickness, then rip them down, or buy multiple thicknesses?

I buy multiple thicknesses. I get it from Lowe's. Poplar. 1/4 thickness, boards mainly, but I also get dowels and square stock in different sizes.

Ok, well I guess it was just one question lol. Anyway, I am going to be getting a scroll saw in a few days and starting on some weapon props, hopefully you will be kind enough to critique my work for me and give me some pointers. I used to wood work a few years ago, so I'm a bit rusty, and you sir have inspired me to give it another go. Thanks. :)

Yes, I will try. Great to see another woodworker.

This looks awesome. I've just started to plan out building one of these with PVC & foam, and this thread (especially the video) was a huge help :)

I love how Lee is so non-chalant in his videos. Listening to him describe the fruits of his creative genius in that casual southern drawl is probably the way God would describe building heaven and the earth and all things in between... not to mention all the creatures great and small.

"Yeah...I built that. No biggie. Hope ya likes"

And then as if to prove how mortal and how alike to you and I he is, he almost drops his creation off the bench.

That was great Lee. Thank you.

Do you have the plans for this? I am quite talanted at wood working my self and a halo entusiast. I would love to build one for myself?

Do you have the plans for this? I am quite talanted at wood working my self and a halo entusiast. I would love to build one for myself?

Sorry, I don't have any plans. I used game captured pics to build it. I print out a side view to what I think is scale and use it to build it. I use other views from different angles on the computer screen to figure out the rest. Hope this helps.

Good luck with your build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back