Finaly Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMAG0222.jpg

After about 3 years i fianlly got my suit all together. So happy that a dream has come true.Thank you to Sean Bradly, Sigma, and especially Adam.
One thing to keep in mind is that theres alot of weight walking around as the chief. I walked into the club and 5 seconds later a woman asked if she could take a picture for her son. After that there were another 30 or so photo ops haha.

IMAG0222.jpg

Very nice job, no wonder they wanted photos. I reckon you've done a pretty good job with the battle damage, well balanced with a fresh suit look... does it have that fresh suit smell?

Wow awsome awsome job, small little question, what type of paint did you use on your armor, not talking about color but as in application. But awsome suit man!!!

Squishy:I blame the glowing nipples haha

King: I really did get hit on alot once i took the helmet of, got 3 numbers, and 15 people added me to facebook haha

Noble: Thanks! For painting I primerd the whole suit then sprayed on a rustolium metalic paint. After that for weathering I tried to do the spray and wipe method but it kept eating away at the other paint so i too some black acrylic paint from michaels, watered it down to a soupy consistancy, then painted and wiped the entire suit. It took alot of time haha. Lastly for the bare metal effect i sprayed rustolium HAMMERED on to a paint brush and painted it on. Hope that answers you question,don hesitate to ask if you have more!

Blaze: thnak you very much! lots of all nighters working on this since im not a pro haha

That is an amazing suit! :) The paint job is phenomenal, I hope mine turns out even half as good lol. I was going to experiment around with the Hammered spray paint for my ODST suit. Anyway, congrats. Do you plan on attending any cons in it?

Squishy:I blame the glowing nipples haha

Noble: Thanks! For painting I primerd the whole suit then sprayed on a rustolium metalic paint. After that for weathering I tried to do the spray and wipe method but it kept eating away at the other paint so i too some black acrylic paint from michaels, watered it down to a soupy consistancy, then painted and wiped the entire suit. It took alot of time haha. Lastly for the bare metal effect i sprayed rustolium HAMMERED on to a paint brush and painted it on. Hope that answers you question,don hesitate to ask if you have more!

Thanks for that. May be a silly question but, what type of paint sprayer did you use. Why Iam asking "noob here" is then when it comes to my suit build Iam just curious to what people use for painting ect. I love LOVE your paint job and the quality in it. So just seeing what others use and then Ill see what I can do. Unfortuneatly I live in an apartment with my wife so if its a paint gun that requires an air compressor... yeah i wont be able to get that but if its something other that be great :)

Btw thanks for answering my questions. Again LOVELY suite dude, be proud :) cheers

Wow. Nicely done. *applauds*

Aww yay, you made a kid happy! (unless the mom herself was a closet nerd.. lol)

Thanks for that. May be a silly question but, what type of paint sprayer did you use. Why Iam asking "noob here" is then when it comes to my suit build Iam just curious to what people use for painting ect. I love LOVE your paint job and the quality in it. So just seeing what others use and then Ill see what I can do. Unfortuneatly I live in an apartment with my wife so if its a paint gun that requires an air compressor... yeah i wont be able to get that but if its something other that be great :)

Btw thanks for answering my questions. Again LOVELY suite dude, be proud :) cheers
Absoloutely no problem I you have anymore or more in the future dont hesitate to ask :)

Wow. Nicely done. *applauds*

Aww yay, you made a kid happy! (unless the mom herself was a closet nerd.. lol)
Haha thank you! I made alot of other people happy too. Over the weekend I probably took about 250+ pictures with/for people. Crazy! Sad that im never going to see a fraction of those pictures but oh well :p Theres a video on FB of me dancing too but its privacy protected on dudes page so only his friends can see it D:

Awesome Job man. I new being A Spartan would get the ladys lol
We need more pics.
Ask and you shall recieve
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...16867673936_1001818027_31138402_4700812_n.jpg
72564_1516867673936_1001818027_31138402_4700812_n.jpg

76730_173066506040445_100000112897077_602467_4571011_n.jpg

149015_499998236222_620266222_7600611_6756780_n.jpg

39581_546857263158_165700782_32065402_2168691_n.jpg

Also, space kisses were given:
76617_1533524026267_1479799346_31449752_3683180_n.jpg

Friend of mine haha

Wow, that looks amazing!
Definately need to get started on my first one now! I suppose it'll keep me company during the long, cold winter nights ;)

Thank you SO much guys! Like I said it really is a dream come true from when me and 15 other buddies would get together and have all nighter Halo parties so long ago!!

The color really came out great, better than i had imagined. It was between classic chief color and gunmetal. He is an Icon so just the suit and helmet alone was enough so i decided to go with the more original color and i love love love it!

I think the most surreal thing though is when i walk up to a glass door and see my reflection and its just like "Holy crap im actually wearing this, woo!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back