Custom Halo Reach Armor Build: VERY PIC HEAVY + Weekly Updates...Hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

PervyBiscuit

Jr Member
Hello 405th Community! :)

NOTE: UPDATES ARE ON THE LAST PAGE OF THE THREAD :D

Hi guys, PervyBiscuit here, I have been looking around the forums trying to figure out how to put together a suit of halo armour. I figured out how to do stuff from reading the stickys and watching the communities vids , so........THANKS to all who have contributed without even knowing it!

LOL

Unlike my other forums this one will be updated at least once a week.....Hopefully -_-

Anyways, Here are some of the previous progress pics;
and if you have already seen them just keep scrolling, I'm
Sure you'll see something new.

When I Finely Get The Helmet Done <( ' '<)<( '_' )>(>' ' )>

DSCN0198.jpg

DSCN0199.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg

DSCN0201.jpg

Torso Pic:

The Good One :D

image201010290001.jpg

NOW THE UPDATE :D - 11/07/10

Latest pictures of the chest.
>_< Such a late night >_<

DSCN0212.jpg

The Caps Attached

DSCN0216.jpg

What I'm Working On Now...

And Thats All, Don't Forget To Leave Comments :D
Till Next Week, Good Bye

-PB

DSCN0198.jpg

DSCN0199.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg

DSCN0201.jpg

image201010290001.jpg

DSCN0212.jpg

DSCN0216.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good so far. I really like your pep work and I will be following this to see how it ends up. Keep up the good work!

How did you go about scaling the chest piece? Did you bother or just use the stock measurements?

Also, super hot glue gun is the way forward for pep; it's the only way to unstick pieces if you make a mistake. Doesn't cyno bond instantly when you touch the surfaces together?

How did you go about scaling the chest piece? Did you bother or just use the stock measurements?

Also, super hot glue gun is the way forward for pep; it's the only way to unstick pieces if you make a mistake. Doesn't cyno bond instantly when you touch the surfaces together?

I Tried Keeping Everything To Scale

First i tried to use stock scaling because that worked before......but it failed as you can see
then i tried using the scale that i used for the helmet, which was ok at first but when i got to
the sides its was to wide to fit any shoulders in :(

My Third try i scaled down about 3-4 mm and so far its turning out quite well.

The Super Glue Does insto-bond but i kind of like that, if you screw up you are kind of
-Blamed- I had bought 2 types of super glue at the time, one was the classic and one was
gel. So i thought id give it a try, to see if it was any better, which it wasn't :(

i agree with the hot glue gun. i make my first mark vi helmet the other night, and was bailed out a few times by melting the messed up joint.

ya just go to any craft store and pick ip a cheap hot glue gun you get all the benifits of an instant bond but not the conciquince (lol my speling sucks) of not being able to unstick it. The glue sticks are very cheap as well

WEZZY

ya just go to any craft store and pick ip a cheap hot glue gun you get all the benifits of an instant bond but not the conciquince (lol my speling sucks) of not being able to unstick it. The glue sticks are very cheap as well

WEZZY

I prefer super glue. Its less messy and bonds just as fast. It is a pain getting it on your fingers though, but you get use to your second layer of skin.

I prefer super glue. Its less messy and bonds just as fast. It is a pain getting it on your fingers though, but you get use to your second layer of skin.

Super glue was originally created as a replacement for stitches. It's designed to hold flesh together. Just sayin....

On that note, your pep work looks really good. Keep up the good work. Peping everything out by hand is about 40% of the battle.

Super glue was originally created as a replacement for stitches. It's designed to hold flesh together. Just sayin....

On that note, your pep work looks really good. Keep up the good work. Peping everything out by hand is about 40% of the battle.

Yes there is the fact that it can glue your fingers together really easily, but you can get them apart semi painlessly with a little patients and a razor blade. There are pros and cons to every method. I just prefer super glue.

dont think ive ever heard painless and razor blade used in the same sentence. paint thinner works well too just use a brush and put it around the glue.

Update For The Week Of 11/28 - 12/4

Well Its Been A Little While Sense I've Updated, But It Was Exam Week Last Week So Give Me Some Slack :/

Never The Less:

• The Front Of The Chest Is Done :D
  • The Indents On The Helmet Are Gone
  • Half A Shoulder Is Done
  • Cpu Fans Have Been Acquired For Future Ventilation Systems
  • Rest Of Card Stock Has Been Printed, For Chest
  • Card Stock Has Been Printed For Hand Plates

With-In The Month I Will Have Some Fiberglass Resin and Bondo :D

- Gas Mask Acquired
- Paint Brushes Acquired
- Paints Acquired
- Sander Acquired
- Heater For Workshop Acquired
- Plastic Cups Acquired
- Patients Re-Gained :D

Pictures For All You Readers, Enjoy :)

image201011290002.jpg

image201011290007.jpg

image201011290008.jpg

image201011290009.jpg

image201011290010.jpg

image2010112900023.jpg

image201011290013.jpg

That Last Picture Showed A Weapon Made By Xs Shad0w sX, A Personal Friend Of Mine.
He Actually Made It For Me For My Birthday :D So I Thought I Would Show It Off A Little.

Thanks For Following :D
-PB
pervysignature.png

image201011290002.jpg

image201011290007.jpg

image201011290008.jpg

image201011290009.jpg

image201011290010.jpg

image2010112900023.jpg

image201011290013.jpg

pervysignature.png

Last edited by a moderator: