Zat German's Halo: Reach - Foam Armor Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking quite excellent Zat! for some tips, tape large flat surfaces together from the pep, then cut it our on the foam, and for some angles and such, use a piece for the full length and on the bottom, cut a notch out so you can just bend it together to glue rather than having exposed seams if you get what i mean
Thanks. Your build thread looks great!

I am probably going to start over on this one. It is a bit too big for me and I have learned a lot of new methods and have new tools since the last time I worked on it. My foam layout file in Pepakura actually has a number of parts set up in the fashion you describe. The next time I am going to lay out as much flat stuff as I can and then plot the templates out on our big 36" plotter at work. Right now I am limited to 8.5" x 14", which is still a lot nicer than 8.5" x 11" but still quite limited in what I can do.

ah, excellent, i really need to make templates, darnit. guess ill just have to build a new chest and go from there.

kinda there not really, but i mean my detailed work and undersuit parts and such, gonna take a lot of time
Oh, I see. I was kind of confused about why you would be starting over on stuff like your chest when it already looks good! :D

I spent a few minutes and re-pepped my foam layout template for a 36"x24" sheet. This is the front and back of the chest, only thing missing is the side parts and the top "turtle neck":

pep_layout01.jpg

Attachments

• pep_layout01.jpg
    pep_layout01.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 666
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back