Modeling Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WandererTJ

I'm currently attempting to make a mannequin for myself in 3DS Max so that I can draft over it, however, it's been 4 years since I've used any animation software, of which at the time I was using Lightwave. With that being said, I have figured out how to adjust the pivot point of objects, but I cannot seem to find a way to constrain objects to one another over an axis/plane.
To put this another way, if I managed to change the head's pivot point exactly where it should be to the neck, and the neck's pivot point to the chest, and I try to rotate them together, it doesn't work. Instead what happens is that the neck rotates about the chest as it should, while the head rotates about where the neck's position originally was.

If anyone has a solution for what I have going on, I'd greatly appreciate it. I am using 2010 by the way.

Yeah, re-learning the steep learning curve you learned before but didn't even figure out completely is just so much fun lol.

If all else fails, I'd be happy if someone could make me a simple mannequin I could use. I have all my measurements written down on an outlined-joint sketch, and I could scan it and upload the image later.

Currently I'm just toying around with this skeleton I downloaded and I'm trying to figure things out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back