Reach UNSC Trooper WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome work my friend :) The helmet is starting to look ace!

Just wanted to say also, with the SA80, there may be a few things you may want to consider.
If you intend to keep it as a functional airsoft rifle (im assuming it would be airsoft you'd use) then be aware that the gearbox stretches most of the way through the buttstock, so shaving the back end down to the size of the AR would most likely involve taking the gearbox out. If you aren't having it functional that wouldn't be a big issue though. And also, the AR's upper receiver is all straight throughout the body of the rifle, while the SA80's tapers at an angle, which could be a hinderance. Just food for thought :)

Anyway, again, great work!

- X.

Thanks for the compliments guys and Zonbi! And Xecutioner, yes I considered gutting out the SA80 but I couldn't bring myself to do it LOL! So, I decided to follow what Skylow did with his Reach AR by modding a Nerf Recon CS-6. I've already pepped the front cover and now starting to pep the ammo counter for the Reach AR. I hope I can post some updates sometime soon. Planning to pep the ear scoops for the Reach Trooper helmet so I can incorporate it into the main helmet.

to my knowledge there are 3 shoulder configs for troopers. one is both gungnir and the other is security and one im not fimiliar with and i have seen a trooper with only one shoulder peice before. that is all..

to my knowledge there are 3 shoulder configs for troopers. one is both gungnir and the other is security and one im not fimiliar with and i have seen a trooper with only one shoulder peice before. that is all..

I am going for this type of shoulder config for the trooper but without the red caduceus medical symbol on the helmet and right shoulder armor.
reach_12777859_Full.jpg

I believe the other configuration is this one.
Trooper_leader.jpg

Attachments

• reach_12777859_Full.jpg
    reach_12777859_Full.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Trooper_leader.jpg
    Trooper_leader.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 184
Thanks for the comments guys! I haven't had quality time to spend working on finishing my costume but I did have some time to work on my Reach AR. I was inspired by Skylow's awesome Nerf Recon mod so I decided to do the same...thanks Skylow! But instead of using MDF, I decided to use styrofoam so that it can be as light as possible. I've been trooping for the 501st Legion since 2006 so I know what it's like to have to troop with a heavy weapon prop. My plan is to fill in where there are gaps between the styrofoam parts and the Nerf plastic parts then, coat the styrofoam with several coats of Styrospray 1000.

Here is my Halo Reach AR along with the M6G side arm made by Emil. The front cover for the AR is a pep model and so is the ammo counter. I couldn't give credit to the AR pep model since there was no identification on the file but it's the one that has each major part as a single pep model. But whoever made it, a big thanks to you! I love the individual pep parts especially if I only need specific parts to build.

DSC01466.jpg

I was able to work on part of the helmet which is one of the ear sections. The ear sections are going to be the only pepped parts incorporated into this helmet but IMO is the most challenging to build. This was third try and my advice is to attach the rings from end to end first before gluing them to the flat pieces. It worked out better for me anyway.

DSC01472.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01473.jpg
    DSC01473.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC01472.jpg
    DSC01472.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC01466.jpg
    DSC01466.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 186
totally awsome work, you have just given me an idea on how do padding for my noble 6 helmet if you dont mind me stealing your idea

Kudo's on your progress!
I especially liked the idea of using a bicyle helm and then working the material and pepping to it. WELL DONE!

I have to give you a thumbs up on that.
Photo%20on%202011-03-20%20at%2014.12.jpg

Can't wait for your next progress update.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Photo%20on%202011-03-20%20at%2014.12.jpg
    Photo%20on%202011-03-20%20at%2014.12.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 193
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back