Space marine first attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

molester jester

Ok so im in the process of making my first suit of armour and I decided to make a test run of the helmet so I could get used to pepakura. The helmet is made out of normal printer paper rather than card stock which I know is a big no no. However I was wondering if there was an easy way of preserving it for display purposes, im kinda proud of it. Would resin still work on paper? how about paper mache?

its this kind of helmet btw : http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...bucket.com/albums/v307/Horgh/new-head.png&t=1

Ok so im in the process of making my first suit of armour and I decided to make a test run of the helmet so I could get used to pepakura. The helmet is made out of normal printer paper rather than card stock which I know is a big no no. However I was wondering if there was an easy way of preserving it for display purposes, im kinda proud of it. Would resin still work on paper? how about paper mache?
Applying resin directly on your model is a sure recipe for disaster. Regular printer paper can barely support its shape and by adding resin on top of it, it will surely collapse. So it's really worth it to use cardstock.

However, if you really want to keep it, I suggest that you use a clear coat spray and carefully build up several layers of it inside and outside the helmet. Then apply resin only on the inside. Since it's only for shelf display, applying resin on the outside will make it rather unsightly.

new-head.png

I see that you built a chaos space marine helmet. Black Legion perhaps? I got the same model too but not yet unfolded.

Attachments

• new-head.png
    new-head.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back