gears of war 3 female armour?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@missMeowsikins hey i've made a lady freind a set of lady gears armour out of foam camping mats i got from the poundshop and it turned out perfectly, pics to follow shortly, hope they help.

@missMeowsikins hey i've made a lady freind a set of lady gears armour out of foam camping mats i got from the poundshop and it turned out perfectly, pics to follow shortly, hope they help.

That is genius! I didn't think to use camping mats!!!
Did you scratch build or use pep templates? And pics would be muchly appreciated! :D

it just hit me that i don't need to spend a fortune for foam when the supplies are there in the summer section for a £, i built it by eye but its not that difficult, all i used was two mats a sharp craft knife and pair of scissors, a hot glue gun, heat gun, a couple of side dishes for moulding, a tin of primer spray paint, a tin of black and a tin of metalic spray, after that i used modeling paint i already had for the detailing. Hope they help.
SL271016.jpg

SL271017.jpg

SL271018.jpg

SL271019.jpg

SL271020.jpg

SL271021.jpg

SL271022.jpg

SL271023.jpg

Attachments

• SL271016.jpg
    SL271016.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 123
  • SL271017.jpg
    SL271017.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 133
  • SL271018.jpg
    SL271018.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 139
  • SL271019.jpg
    SL271019.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 130
  • SL271020.jpg
    SL271020.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 140
  • SL271021.jpg
    SL271021.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 161
  • SL271022.jpg
    SL271022.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 140
  • SL271023.jpg
    SL271023.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 134
Nice one! LOVE the rivets! How did you do those? And I had a look in poundland today and I couldnt find any mats >.<! How did you do that by eye?! I'm terrified of doing it by eye! Sooo scared I'm going to screw it up!

i did those with the end of my glue gun just tapped the foam enough to get the shape and thats bout a second, cant remember if it was poundland or poundworld, think it was the one with the blue sign. I got gome newspaper and a marker and roughly sketched the plan out, the front section was done in halves so if you use the fold of newspaper and you have a symetrical pattern, the back was a bit more difficult because its not easy to get pics of the back of the lady armour, your best bet would be to do a big shield shape and add a couple of wide strips that meet the front, ( best to do all these parts with news paper and masking tape first)

i did those with the end of my glue gun just tapped the foam enough to get the shape and thats bout a second, cant remember if it was poundland or poundworld, think it was the one with the blue sign. I got gome newspaper and a marker and roughly sketched the plan out, the front section was done in halves so if you use the fold of newspaper and you have a symetrical pattern, the back was a bit more difficult because its not easy to get pics of the back of the lady armour, your best bet would be to do a big shield shape and add a couple of wide strips that meet the front, ( best to do all these parts with news paper and masking tape first)

Oh, I was going to start with the basic shape and then just layer up the foam on top of each other for detail then put upholstering foam underneath to bulk it out then maybe another layer of camping mat foam to cover that. Not a good idea? :/

thats cool too, in the end its how comfortable you are making it, im comfortable making things from scratch and moulding the round parts, if its your first foam build its however you think is best for you

please

I have some Pep files for Carmine's armour (Which is pretty much the standard gear's uniform), Marcus' Armour and some weapons: Longshot, Torque bow, Lancer, Gnasher (shotty) and the boom shot. They're all crazy high deatail (except the sniper, which looks reasonable). They arent mine, and im not sure if the original creators would get mad for passing them on, but i dont remember where i got them so i'd have to email them to you, if you want them.

can i have a copy of the files you have? =blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back