Fallout New Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I've played Fallout New Vegas and you know that guy on the cover with that helmet?
Well I'm trying to find a pep file of that helmet but some how I fail to find one, does anyone maybe have a link to that helmet?

~External Reactor

God that helmet is one of the sweatest things I could possibly obtain from this forum but I think you guys might need took ask for some help. get some good pictures of the helmet the full armor and mabey even the duster (but probobly easier to just buy one) thn post the pictures and see if you can get someone to render it up in a 3D design program then if you can't do it get some one to make an unfold of the helmet in pepakura sounds easy enough.... right.

or here are some pic of the helm
untitled.jpg
images.jpg
imagesCASNMJKA.jpg

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 157
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 171
  • imagesCASNMJKA.jpg
    imagesCASNMJKA.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 175
There is a .pdo running around out there. I'm not sure how good it is though, or if it's the same file I've seen pics of.

If you have a deviantart account you can get it here:

http://z8-0.deviantart.com/#/d324gzx

I finished getting screen captures the other night, this is going to be my next project. I plan on starting the model of the armor later this week.

Just kidding

It got too cold to work on the ODST gear tonight, so I decided to start on this instead.

NCRVRWIP1.jpg

Attachments

• NCRVRWIP1.jpg
    NCRVRWIP1.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 194
WOW!! dude I am so lovin it.keep up the awesome work hugh.
P.S.Not to sound like A butt kisser but I found your chest core for the ODST the outher day
and thats the best and most accurate torso ive seen here and so easy to cut and make.
Thanks for everything:)

Couldn't someone just pull it from the game? Though im not sure if it came out for pc. If not then this idea is completely useless.

Yeah I downloaded that file, and it's easy to make although you gotta add alot of the details yourself.

But it is a challenge since it's my first helmet ^.^

Couldn't someone just pull it from the game? Though im not sure if it came out for pc. If not then this idea is completely useless.

Yeah, you can. But the models would be really ugly without the textures. And believe me, converting previously made models over to something you can use is not as much fun as building it the way you need it from scratch.

I can see it as a really good way to use as a base though. But I prefer the traditional approach. The current pep model that is out there is formed from a rip of the game model if I'm not mistaken.

And thanks Spartan! Glad you found it useful :)

Thanks a lot Deadalus!

I imported this file into my project to check out proportion differences and it has helped a ton. I also cleaned up the file so it is not triangulated just in case anyone was interested. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to break this thing down into a good pep model.

The helm was ripped from the game. It was built to just show silhouette so the geometry isn't going to be pep-friendly. Taking out most of the triangles and leaving the quads is a good start.

But if you leave it as one part like that it will be like a bubble without support = warp city.
I ran a separate geometry command to split the device on the right side from the helm. There is no easy way to pep intersecting geometry.

If you really want to use the game model then you should really try to break it down into separate parts. I'm just using it as a way to gauge proportions on a temp render layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back