Warhammer 40k Dark Angels Space Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayrDeath

Hey, I'd first like to introduce myself, my name is Ryan and I recently discovered how much fun Pepakura is. I've played Warhammer 40,000 for 5 years or so now (the REAL game, not DOW, I'm talking about spending paycheck after paycheck on plastic parts to assemble and paint) and my first army was the Dark Angels of the Space marine race. I've also played Post-heresy Death Guard, but I've always have more love for my angels. Ever since I first got a Space Marine miniature I've wanted a life-sized suit of Power Armor, and now thanks to the art of Pepakura... My dream is becoming a reality!

I'm starting with the helmet first. It took me around 3 days to pep this because I wanted it to look PERFECT, and in my eyes, it is. Currently (as of 11-18-10) I have the helmet resined and awaiting a Rondo slush-cast. I'd have pictures of that too but I'm not going to take them until I rondo the inside... and i can't do that beause it's Flipping FREEZING outside!! So here's a little teaser:
100_0494.jpg

100_0489.jpg

100_0490.jpg

100_0491.jpg

100_0492.jpg

100_0493.jpg

100_0495.jpg

100_0496.jpg

So those last two pictures are just to show the helmet jewel that was included with the Pepakura file. I highly doubt I'm gonna put it on the helmet though because I have NEVER seen a Dark Angel with a jewel on his forehead, it's more of a Space Wolves thing. Oh! By the way, credit for the Pepakura file goes to Nintendude. If you want to download the file to make yourself one go here: http://pepakuracollection.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Pep_Files

P.S. If you think the helmet is easy and you can whip it out in a day... you a VERY wrong! Trust me..

Attachments

• 100_0494.jpg
    100_0494.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 503
  • 100_0489.jpg
    100_0489.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 305
  • 100_0490.jpg
    100_0490.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 369
  • 100_0491.jpg
    100_0491.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 100_0492.jpg
    100_0492.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 100_0496.jpg
    100_0496.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 193
  • 100_0495.jpg
    100_0495.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 261
  • 100_0493.jpg
    100_0493.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 208
I used photobucket. I tryed to add them to my post using the little insert image button then copyed and pasted the url in the box. Is that not how you do it?

Well from your album pics that is a very clean pep I don't see any warping at all, not a huge warhammer fan but it looks good!

also to insert images you want to use the IMG code if you highlight a picture in your album you can just copy and paste it

[I MG]http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Omega-x11/Sith.jpg[/IMG]

I put a space between I and MG so you could see what it looks like!

Welcome to the community!

Ok just to let you know I love your progress so far always check your measurements to the files and I don't suggest you use the arm or leg parts I have on my site, Lunar Lord only helps me by uploading my files to the Wikipedia but the files there except for the ones in the Etc. Area and a couple in the Star Wars the rest of the files are my creations. Instead check with Chwbcc or Samuray on here for building the arms and legs armors.

@Omega Ravager: Thank you so much for eveything, you have no idea how much I appreciate it!
@Nintendude: I apologize for giving credit to the wrong person, I'll edit that and give you credit right away.
@Savage22: Thanks, I'm happy to hear it! :D

I'm gonna edit that post now and attempt to put the pics on it!
~*~EDIT: 11-18-10~*~ The pictures of the helmet are now on my first post. Thanks again to Omega Ravager for explaining to me how to add photos!

According to my codex, the Ultramarines were the 13th.
Ultramarines were the 13th legion but not necessarily the 13th to be formed. Horus was the first primarch to be discovered by the Emperor and yet his Luna Wolves were the 16th legion. I haven't come across any literature that describes the formation timeline of the legions.

Ultramarines were the 13th legion but not necessarily the 13th to be formed. Horus was the first primarch to be discovered by the Emperor and yet his Luna Wolves were the 16th legion. I haven't come across any literature that describes the formation timeline of the legions.

Eh, agreed. As far as I know, the closest explanation in the canon is that the number of the legion simply corresponds to whatever number was etched into the incubator of the corresponding primarch (in either False Gods or Galaxy in Flames; whichever one features Horus in his coma/spirit vision).

Eh, agreed. As far as I know, the closest explanation in the canon is that the number of the legion simply corresponds to whatever number was etched into the incubator of the corresponding primarch (in either False Gods or Galaxy in Flames; whichever one features Horus in his coma/spirit vision).
That makes sense. I haven't read those two books yet but I think it's time to check them out.

That makes sense. I haven't read those two books yet but I think it's time to check them out.

I'm a little behind myself, on account of becoming poor of late. Kids will do that I guess.

At any rate, that's a great looking helmet; I'm currently working on my first pep (trying to do a Mark VI for my son for next Haloween - getting the scale right is tough for him, on account of him being reed-thin and still growing in a weed-like manner). The space marine helm is on my list of things to do, somewhere after the Mark VI, between an ODST helmet and T-51b helmet build. I can only hope that it looks as remotely good as yours when done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back